StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Soundtracks as Wedding Music?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Have you or will you use a soundtrack as part of your Wedding Ceremony and/or Reception-party?
Yes
69%
 69%  [ 27 ]
No
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Don't know/Don't care
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 39

USA scholar_matt
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11017

scholar_matt is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website scholar_matt's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 pm   Post subject: Soundtracks as Wedding Music? Reply with quote

Hello all,

A thought had occurred to me lately about how some people have mentioned that a particular soundtrack was used in theri wedding: either as part of the ceremony or in the reception-party of their grand day.

But , I do not wish to leave anyone out, so....even if your are not currently married, what soundtrack would you like played at your wedding?

So I thought I would post this and see what comes of it.

For my wedding I have used quite a few soundtracks. During the ceremony, we have used Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Middler, and All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera. It was a beautiful ceremony, especially when the preist forgot my name and called my wife a different woman's name, but other than that, it was beautiful.

The reception was also a grand affair. As our introduction was a remixed version of Runaway by Slade. I know I have heard it in a movie, but can't place it. But my and my wif'e 'dance' song was You Are My Home from the musical Scarlet Pimpernel. And I am sure there were many other soundtracks but I cannot remember them now.

But for the rest of you, I hope this will allow others to see how far you will let soundtracks enter one of the most intimate days of your lives.

Thanks and enjoy,
Scholar_Matt
Alas, there comes a Time for all of Humanity to embrace the greatness of History; for it is something that was always behind Us, is always around Us, and eventually We will become part of such Greatness. ~~Author~~Me 2005 (R)
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I had a very small, private ceremony with no music. I will have music when we renew our vows though. Our song used to be Truly, Madly, Deeply by Savage Garden, but I think something like All I ask of you would be a nice wedding piece. It would be a nice touch to use something beautiful like Antissa from E.S. Posthumus as well.
Of course we could get silly like my uncle and walk down the aisle to the Imperial March Very Happy
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10227

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For our ceremony we asked a friend to sing Phantom's All I ask of you. I came very close to using the Throne Room from Star Wars as the celebratory "end-of-ceremony / bride and groom walk-out" song.

Our song (and first dance) was the love song from the Pure Country soundtrack "Cross My Heart."
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a small ceremony and when it was time for us to march down the aisle as Husband & Wife, we played the theme from Star Trek:TNG. Geeky, yes, but it really set an upbeat mood and had everyone laughing. It was great!
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's not a bad idea, but I don't think it would be exclusively up to me. So I say "Don't know."

Jorelson, how could you march down the aisle to the ST:TNG theme? Isn't the tempo a bit much?
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as the JOP announced us as "Husband & Wife" to the guests, I had a DJ cue the theme...and we ran down the aisle!

Just kidding! It may be uptempo, but it is like a triumphant march and not one that you have to walk to the beat. It was fun!
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Too cute Jorelson! It reminded me of my Dad's love for Star Trek. He's got a 7ft long poster(framed mind you) of the Enterprise on his living room wall Rolling Eyes Silly Trekkies! Very Happy
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely a ST man over SW, but I don't have anything on my walls or anything. We did it mostly out of fun.

Like your WoW avatar, too! (although I am Horde!!)
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

When planning our wedding, I joked to my wife that we should walk out of the church to Star Wars music. She loved the idea so much that we did it! Just after the pronouncement, the SW Main Theme began, and it was perfect. We had a very lovely, very serious and emotional ceremony, and somehow, the Williams fanfare was absolutely appropriate: everyone loved it. Geeky, yes, but it worked and it let our personality shine through.

Just a suggestion, though, for anyone thinking of doing the same thing: I thought of using the 'Throne Room/End Title' track, but after the opening fanfare, it is a bit militaristic. So we went with the Main Theme, which was perfect, but it would have been a good idea to have the sound engineer fade it out before the main theme gives way to the Blockade Runner themes.

Wow, when I post it here it seems so much geekier than it did at the time...
Nemesis_Enforcer
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 8389

Nemesis_Enforcer is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Nemesis_Enforcer's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used several themes in my wedding. Mostly Star Wars. Myself and the wedding party came out to "Across the Stars" and my wife walked out to "The Ice Dance" from Edward Scissorhands. When the ceremony was over my wife and I walked out to the "Throne Room" theme.
USA Trinity3777
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 124

Trinity3777 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Trinity3777's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My current g/f jokes about playing the Gremlins theme at our weddding, but I'm going to have to play some Meet Joe Black during the wedding or honeymoon Smile
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's see. I haven't thought about the music at my wedding at all, I haven't thought about my wedding because I haven't found the husband to be, I haven't even found a boyfriend yet who could eventually become a husband. Now, do I sound like a loser? Razz
Commander
Commander

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Schroddie. All in good time, my friend. Just attend a few of those physics conferences, and voila! You'll be able to find the one for you. Wink
USA schroddie
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7501

schroddie is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website schroddie's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78!!! Shocked

*gasping for air*

Are you crazy?? Have you looked at them? No seriously, I mean Einstein was a model compared to all! And, even without talking about their looks and their I-will-never-trade-my-1970s-glasses, most of them are far from being normal in their daily habits! No freaks... I mean no physicists for me, thank you!

PS: don't you EVER say something like that again. I'd rather be single for the rest of my life!!
well, great... I'm not even sure I'll be able to sleep now... Bad bad Hurr78!!

Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Schroddie. My dad is a physicist. And, you know, he managed to marry and reproduce. I must admit that I'm not quite sure how he managed the whole courtship thing, but you can't argue with results.

Anyhow, ok. Fine. You don't have to look inside the physics community for your future mate. But you seem like a good catch. "Young, good looking French woman with a PhD and a love of film scores" is likely to attract lots of positive attention. So chin up! And stop worrying so much, for crying out loud. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: