StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What Is Your Favorite Gaming Soundtracks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Irulan wrote:
I like the Monkey Island tunes too, that music reminds me of younger days Very Happy

Soooo true Wink I found a piano version of this theme somewhere. Nice Smile

Did you know Ron Gilbert (Monkey Island's creator) has a website? http://www.grumpygamer.com!
Belgium Irulan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13572

Irulan is offline View user's profile Send private message View Irulan's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:

Did you know Ron Gilbert (Monkey Island's creator) has a website? http://www.grumpygamer.com!

Thank you!I didn´t, I´ll visit it as soon as I can, something about Monkey V?.
And if you like Monkey Island there is also a very fun site with games, information,jokes... http://www.scummbar.com
Cadet 4

Member#: 14738

Nephilim is offline View user's profile Send private message Nephilim's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Jeremy Soule's scores : Morrowind, Guild Wars, Knights of the Old Republic, Icewind Dale ; Also love the Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 and Final Fantasy VIII soundtracks ...
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit off topic, but who cares, mmm? Smile

Quote:
http://www.scummbar.com

A must see website for Monkey Island fans indeed!

Irulan wrote:
something about Monkey V?

That would be so good! The secret of Monkey Island was never revealed and only Ron knows about itt (remember the strange ending of episode 2?)

Ron was only responsible for the 2 first episodes and then left Lucasarts. Unfortunatly the franchise belongs to Lucasarts so I guess it'll be a looong time before any new Monkey Island game arrives.

Well, there is still Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Smile

There aren't any funny games these days...

Last but not least, a very interesting interview of Ron Gilbert about the game industry: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6153188/p-2.html
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is the Ace Combat5: The Unsung War, it has so many great tracks on it and its title track is one of the best I've heard on a video game.

Honorable Mentions
Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros Melee, Halo 2, and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxMcleod64 wrote:
My favorite is the Ace Combat5: The Unsung War, it has so many great tracks on it and its title track is one of the best I've heard on a video game.

Honorable Mentions
Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros Melee, Halo 2, and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Wha? no Starfox? Wink

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I did really like the tracks from the StarFox64 game, Star Wolf's theme was pretty cool and a few other cues were great, but these other st's I thought were excellent.
USA Jade_Kadir
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12707

Jade_Kadir is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Jade_Kadir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately Final Fantasy music, but more specifically the music from Final Fantasy X-2. I simply love the two lyrical songs that the Yuna character sings. They are very touching and emotional.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2223

tranzishun is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View tranzishun's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Silent Hill 3 right now
naught_but_wyn
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 15371

naught_but_wyn is offline View user's profile Send private message naught_but_wyn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heroes of Might and Magic are a personal favourite of mine. I like a couple tracks from the Final Fantasy games, and from Metal Gear Solid too.

~ Mark Twain on "honesty"
shadowfax_76
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 12923

shadowfax_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail shadowfax_76's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the Medal of Honor stuff and Halo 2. I really like the guitar stuff on it.
Kiddo_24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

S.U.N. - SOUL OF THE ULTIMATE NATION by Howard Shore is a nice listen! Ranks up there with my fav game scores.
Lieutenant

Member#: 14512

Sound_Track is offline View user's profile Send private message Sound_Track's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Medal of Honor" series yet. The first time I played "MOH: Allied Assault" I was struck by how good the music was. I had never played a game with that kind of music. It was also my first encounter with Michael Giacchino, whom I've now come to enjoy more and more.

As I already memtioned in an earlier post, my fav gaming soundtrack is MOH. I bought the PS game on it's initial release, and loved it ! I then found out the terrific sountrack was available on CD, and got that. It really puts you into the action in such a fine way!

The video game "ROADRASH" on the Sega Genesis system was particulary memorable for the Soundtrack videos from bands that would play. How oftennm late at night, after many furious road rash comptetions, that I would just sit back and let the videos play and play . . . .

I want to especially thank SST for turning me on to the HITMAN soundtracks..... one the best reasons I know of to hang around here ! !
Ensign

Member#: 15880

JohnMcClane is offline View user's profile Send private message JohnMcClane's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Giacchino's MOH scores are absolutely my favourites from gaming scores (Arnhem could be a reason on it's own).

Silent Hill scores are also great in their freaky way, although on my oppinion, they have gone more and more to the pop line which isn't that great.

On the little more off-topic note: I was very pleased to hear Silent Hill game scores on the movie, though there could have been more "for movie alone" scoring.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hearing a couple of great tracks from FINAL FANTASY (here on SST), they're surely awesome!!!
Just including the games I actually played, I'd have to nominate SPELLFORCE (SONGS OF WINTER). I especially like that first song, "Cenwen", it's so 'Lord-of-the-ring-y".
I also like the scores of BALDUR'S GATE 1&2, ICEWIND DALE 1&2 and NEVERWINTER NIGHTS.
It's unfortunate that you usually can't get the game scores.

And, incidentally, SW: SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE -- isn't that the soundtrack to a book?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: