StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Favorite "Star Wars" Cue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Your favorite Star Wars track? (excluding videogames)
Main Theme
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Duel of the Fates (Episode 1)
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Anakin's Theme (Episode 1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Across the Stars (Love Theme) (Episode 2)
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Chase Through Coruscant (Episode 2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Battle of the Heroes (Episode 3)
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Binary Sunset (Episode 4)
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
The Battle of Yavin (Episode 4)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Battle of Hoth (Episode 5)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
The Asteroid Field (Episode 5)
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
The Imperial March (Episode 5)
26%
 26%  [ 21 ]
Luke and Leia (Episode 6)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Parade of the Ewoks (Episode 6)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Victory Celebration (Episode 6)
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
The Forest Battle (Episode 6)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 80

shortcircuit
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 15303

shortcircuit is offline View user's profile Send private message View shortcircuit's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love so much of the music in it that it was hard to choose. I ended up picking Across the Stars, but Throne Room and May the Force Be With You (from the original trilogy) are also some of my favorites...

That is just so sad.

- The Librarian
Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Across the Stars from Ep. II, but like others have said. it's inherently difficult to pick Just one track from 6 films. The Annakin and Padme love theme is just so haunting and beautiful.

Last edited by Dufresne on Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10227

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official. I cast my vote for.....drum roll please...The Imperial March. Shocked 'gasp' Shocked 'gasp' Shocked I know, it's hard to believe, but just simmer down, take a breather. I just love it, that's all there is to it. I picks me up when I'm down, it makes me smile bigger when I'm happy. Just can't get enough of it.

My two second place picks would have to be Asteroid Field and Throne Room (h3ll, I darn near used Throne Room in place of the weddng march, my wife was even up for it... Laughing ). Oh, but I digress... Asteroid Field just an awesome and powerful - as Caliburn stated about Throne Room, Asteroid Field IMO is "brass on a rampage"...(as is Throne room of course).

HOWEVER, gotta send a big shout out to the Main Title. Wow! Think about it:

Quote:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

---- wait for it -------

BOMMMM BA DA BOMMMM BA DA...
STAR WARS
STAR WARS
STAR WARS
STAR WARS
STAR WARS

Talk about goose bumps.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is tangentially related to Star Wars, more just to John Williams.

Have you ever heard of a music group called moosebutter? Of course you haven't. But they do an acapella song about Star Wars that is actually pretty funny. It uses various Williams score and the arrangements are actually very good, especially since they are just a few guys acapella. And best of all, you can listen to it for free. Go here:
http://nongnong.moosebutter.com/orders/index.php

Scroll down to the bottom. It's on their first CD, called "see dee." The track is called "Star Wars," and if you click on the blue triangle next to the track, you can hear the whole song. I highly recommend it for fans of Williams.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how you found that, Lady. (Isn't the internet great?!) It was great!

jeff
sdg
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find Lady.
Nice to hear a song of Star Wars on the melody of among others:
- Close Encounters
- Indiana Jones
- Superman
- E.T.
- Jurassic Park
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 15772

BYUTenderHeart is offline View user's profile Send private message View BYUTenderHeart's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:

Have you ever heard of a music group called moosebutter?

Believe it or not, I've seen them in person. They competed at an A Cappella contest that was held at BYU while I was a student. They were quite entertaining. Very Happy

As for the thread topic, "Across the Stars" is my favorite. It draws you in and you know it's a love song, but at the same time it has a tragic tone to it, you know things won't end well. I've loved it since the first time I heard it.
Ruka
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14735

Ruka is offline View user's profile Send private message Ruka's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Leia's theme. Very recognizable...played it once during my lunch break in an internship and another one of the teachers picked up on it right away.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is Duel of the Fates. Why? You guessed it... it's the most EPIC track! Wink

-LOTRKing
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 17385

Lambo175 is offline View user's profile Send private message Lambo175's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorites is Across the Stars. Because It's tells about true love, and this love can't be agreed by society. But it’s exists! And no matter what others think.
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

while i put my vote in for the imperial march - my second fave is dual of the fates and thirdly - battle of the heros
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Okay, this is tangentially related to Star Wars, more just to John Williams.

Have you ever heard of a music group called moosebutter? Of course you haven't. But they do an acapella song about Star Wars that is actually pretty funny. It uses various Williams score and the arrangements are actually very good, especially since they are just a few guys acapella. And best of all, you can listen to it for free. Go here:
http://nongnong.moosebutter.com/orders/index.php

Scroll down to the bottom. It's on their first CD, called "see dee." The track is called "Star Wars," and if you click on the blue triangle next to the track, you can hear the whole song. I highly recommend it for fans of Williams.

had to purchase this - afterall it is an honorarium to John Williams - bought it about two years ago after hearing it on Dr. Demento - - what is the best about it is that it tells the entire star wars story using music from several of JW's film scores - all except Star Wars - all in honor of John Williams
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think of it, I really like the suite of tracks from the end of the soundtrack to "Revenge of the Sith." I think "Immolation Scene" is beautiful. "Padme's Destiny" lays it on a little thick, maybe, and then there's the finale. Not my all-time favorites, but they help make the Ep 3 soundtrack one fo my favorties.
USA supercarol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've actually heard that song! I think I did a random search for Star Wars songs a few years ago and it popped up... Plus, I'm a huge Dr. Demento fan, so it appeals to me on that basis as well. Very Happy
Cadet 2

Member#: 17268

Jedi_General is offline View user's profile Send private message Jedi_General's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
Now that I think of it, I really like the suite of tracks from the end of the soundtrack to "Revenge of the Sith." I think "Immolation Scene" is beautiful. "Padme's Destiny" lays it on a little thick, maybe, and then there's the finale. Not my all-time favorites, but they help make the Ep 3 soundtrack one fo my favorties.

I really enjoy the ROTS soundtrack as well, but my all-time favorite SW soundtrack is TESB, with my favorite cue being The Asteroid Field.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: