StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Bourne Supremacy - Add Missing song?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Should the song "Extreme Ways" by Moby be added to the Bourne Supremacy album so it can be requested?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:39 pm   Post subject: Bourne Supremacy - Add Missing song? Reply with quote

I recently noticed that the Bourne Supremacy album has the last song omitted called "Extreme Ways" by Moby. I think this song is an excellent compliment to the rest of the album and I find it to be an enjoyable listen. I am posting this poll to try to get this song added to the album/playlist so that it can be requested. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this subject. Thank you for your time and consideration in this manner. Very Happy
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

its part of the movie series. it was used at the end of the bourne identity, and i bet it will be used again for the bourne ultamtum. but none score / composed music is something that needs discussing by everyone. otherwise we will have a flood of band music and it wont actually be a soundtrack station.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey joyrider,

thx for the response and I understand a good portion of your post but I was hoping that you might be able to clarify your point a little more. Once again thanks for your post and your thoughts it is much appreciated.

Nate
Caliburn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it adds nothing to the movie score. To me it is just a song used for the end credits nothing more. A song I enjoy very much though
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those who have contributed their opinions on this subject. Are there any others out there that have any comments regarding the addition of this song? It appears that several people are interested in adding this song and hope that a few more votes may be enough to get this song added. Thank you for your time in voting or contributing to this thread.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have nothing against Moby (in fact, I like a lot of his stuff), I'm also in favour of trying to keep things as orchestral as possible around here. So I vote no.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I thought I would bump this up and add a little more information for my recommendation to add the missing Moby song.

Recently I read some of the reasoning behind certain "pop" songs being added and certain "pop" songs not being added to the playlist with the main reasoning being the song must be directly associated with the movie. Some examples that were given were like "Danger Zone" of course for Top Gun or "Grease Lightning" of course for Grease etc. Well this song is definitely closely associated with this movie and I think would be a great addition to the playlist. I am hoping to get some more votes for this addition and possibly bring about some more discussion. Thx in advance for your contributions.

Nathan
jbarta VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 10794

jbarta is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View jbarta's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the song being related to the movie, I personally have never heard this song anywhere except during the movie score. I am also an orchestral person, like others I like to keep things orchestral, but this is not a heavy metal song, and is not outside the genere of music types played here. I voted for it, and I hope it is added eventually.

jlbarta
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I go back and forth on this one. No, the song was not written specifically for the movie, like "Danger Zone" was for Top Gun, for example. But neither was "Eye of the Tiger" from Rocky, and that song will forever be associated with that movie. And as joyrider noted, it has been used in both Bourne films, so there is a certain association.

No, it is not orchestral, but it is a heckuvalot closer to the overall style and tone of this site than a lot of other included tracks, especially cerain show tunes, like Grease, or STs from movies like Transformers (though those are both worthy in their own right).

I'm still not sure, but I voted 'yes'.

Last edited by Luther_III on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the Top Gun 'instrumental' theme song however which I believe was composed specifically for the movie.

In terms of Danger Zone and Eye of the Tiger however, I find that these songs are almost universally associated with the movies. People know Eye of the Tiger as "the Rocky theme." I do not know the song in question, but if it is synonymous with the movie, then you've got my vote.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps in sticking w/ the request stickied at the top of this forum you could post a SHORT sound clip?

I have no idea what you're referring to nor the time to go look it up (Don't help him JC)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 13611

OptimisprimalX is offline View user's profile Send private message OptimisprimalX's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the song should be included on the playlist. I've heard it several times. I like the musical part of it, but I'm not a fan of the voice part.

Even though I don't like it that much, I think it's important. The end credits are an important part of the soundtrack, as they can have quite an effect on the movie viewer's mood after the movie (Moulin Rouge).

If you're leaving the theatre after a sad emotional film, and they blast some hard rock at you, I think your emotional mood would quickly fade. I think credits are important.
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Thur, ask and ye shall receive. Here is the amazon.com link with the samples for all of the songs. The song I am trying to have added to the playlist is the last song called "Extreme Ways". Hope this helps and like I said the song and especially the instrumental part of it are very much associated with the Bourne movies IMO.

I hope this helps and maybe convince more people that it is a worthy addition to the playlist.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my earlier post was unclear, so I've edited it. "Danger Zone" was written for Top gun.
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
Sorry, my earlier post was unclear, so I've edited it. "Danger Zone" was written for Top gun.

Really? Wow. Didn't know that. Learn something new every post Wink Thanks Luther.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: