StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Ennio Morricone Links & CDs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:39 pm   Post subject: Where The Wild West in Europe’s only desert Reply with quote

The Wild West in Europe’s only desert
(the link if you don't want to read it here.
http://www.langleytimes.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=47&cat=46&id=997384&more=0)

Peter Neville-Hadley/Meridian Writers’ Group

In Tabernas, Europe’s only desert, visitors can have a drink and interact with Hollywood-style cowboys in the Wild West towns built as movie sets.

By PETER NEVILLE-HADLEY
Meridian Writers Group

Jun 03 2007

A short drive inland from the beaches of Spain’s Andalucian coast lies Europe’s only desert, the Tabernas, an area of arid beauty whose hills rear up around dessicated gulches spiked with giant cactuses.

It’s here that Europe’s most reliable sunshine can be found: 3,000 hours a year.

And it’s here that Sergio Leone, director of “spaghetti” Westerns such as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, found sparklingly transparent air, a body of extras with just the right looks and accents, and the perfect backgrounds for his movies.

To play at being Clint Eastwood’s cheroot-chewing gun-slinger you need to go not to the U.S.A. or Italy, but to Spain.

Other directors soon followed and left the dry hills dotted with Wild West film-set ghost towns.

The best-known is Mini Hollywood, the original site of Eastwood’s three Man With No Name movies, on the A370 highway just west of the town of Tabernas.

Subsequently bought by local extras and opened to the public, it was eventually purchased by a hotel group and has now acquired the aura of a fully fledged theme park, with additional attractions such as a wildlife park.

The small maze of streets containing a surprising variety of entirely 3-D buildings: bank, wells, dentist’s office, horse troughs, saddlery, gold mine and public notary, inauthentically prosperous in freshly painted blues, browns, reds, pinks and yellows.

Coke machines carefully inset into walls, shops offer souvenirs and dress-up photo opportunities, and the Yellow Rose Saloon offers amplified country and western music.

It’s hard not to whistle Ennio Morricone’s haunting themes, although to catch the original atmosphere of the films, better still to head five minutes further west.

Here, at the more authentically battered Western Leone site, the key buildings from the director’s epic Once Upon a Time in the West, starring Charles Bronson, are easily identifable. The site, its isolation compromised by a nearby highway, is relatively little-visited.

There’s the chance to sit in a frame and be photographed for a wanted poster, but customers of any kind are wanted here.

Back past Mini Hollywood the turning to Cinema Studios Fort Bravo, also known as Texas Hollywood, looks unpromising.

The dusty, unsurfaced track winds back under the main road and into the hills for several kilometres, but eventually there’s a battered gateway and a cowboy selling tickets.

The two-street town is still in use for movies and commercials, and has appeared in everything from The Magnificent Seven to Zorro. Jackie Chan shot one of his kung-fu films here in 2004.

In between such excitements a local cast of grizzled but good-humoured actors puts on a crowd-pleasing, 45-minute gunfight drama for an audience seated at tables in the saloon.

They occasionally incorporate onlookers in the plot or freeze the action in the middle of a struggle to smile for the camera. In the end the floor is littered with spilled cards from a poker game and with bodies, including the sheriff’s.

But the bad guy gets it in the final scene, and everyone goes home happy.

IF YOU GO:

For more information on Mini Hollywood visit its website at www.hvsl.es/lei/hojas/leio0002.htm.

For more information on Cinema Studios Fort Bravo visit its website at www.texashollywood.topactive.com.

For information on travel in Spain visit the Tourist Office of Spain website at www.okspain.org.
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:25 pm   Post subject: Still getting Ennio news Reply with quote

This is a piece from the Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/features/columns/music_reporter/e3ib3612174b29ebb3292f63df969e7c2c5

It is about Quincy Jones doing Podcasts. The first one he does is about Celine Dion to record "I Knew I Loved You" for the tribute album "We All Love Ennio Morricone."

Then go to http://www.quincyjones.com/
and see him discuss this podcast.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 pm   Post subject: Ennio conducts yet again.... Reply with quote

RE: Conducting

9/11 is an unforgettable day in the history of mankind. After the tragic facts of New York in 2001, M° Ennio Morricone has composed "Voci dal Silenzio", in memory of all the tragedies unknown to the public opinion. The world boasts a long list of cruel facts. Ever since the beginning of mankind, somewhere in the world there is a person, a community or a people that suffers from injustice.
On September 11 2004 there was a concert at the Arena of Verona, dedicated to all the massacres of man's history, an extraordinary event that had to be documented. A CD was released after that concert, and it is a double golden record.

It was an extraordinary and unique experience. But I thought it would have been necessary and great to repeat it. Time has given us a great opportunity and we have decided to take it.
The occasion was given by the enthusiasm that the audience showed for the concert to be held in Piazza San Marco in Venice next September 10, which is already sold out, and this led us to remember that the coincidence must not be ignored.
On September 11 2007 M° Ennio Morricone will conduct the new "Concert against all the massacres of the history of mankind" in this great square which guarantees a strong and unique emotional impact.

OH to be in Venice in the fall.. sighhhhh

Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this article this morning:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/22/ennio.morricone/index.html
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:45 pm   Post subject: If you went to New York.... Reply with quote

How about this one for our next trip?

"Ennio Morricone in Seoul": The legendary Italian composer will take the podium to revive some of the most memorable cinematic moments for local moviegoers through his own music, as he gives concerts at Seoul Olympic Gymnastic Hall on Oct. 2 and 3. Born in Rome in 1928, Morricone began studying music at Rome's Conservatory of Santa Cecilia at the age of 12. He garnered an Oscar nomination for "The Mission" in 1986. Tickets are from 60,000 won to 180,000 won. Exit No. 3, Olympic Park Station on Subway Line No. 5. For more information, call 02)3444-9969.

60,000 won which is about 45 to 50 dollars
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:00 am   Post subject: Olympic Park Gymnastic Stadium in southern Seoul Reply with quote

By Chung Ah-young
Staff Reporter

One cannot imagine films without decent music scores, key elements in heightening dramatic moments.

At the Olympic Park Gymnastic Stadium, Ennio Morricone, legendary Italian composer and conductor, created cinematic images through beautiful film scores with his orchestra at his first concert in Seoul.

The 79-year-old virtuoso, who wrote more than 400 film scores, led more than 8,000 Korean audience members into cinematic nostalgia with memorable pieces such as ``A Fistful of Dollars'' (1964), ``For a Few Dollars More'' (1965), ``The Good the Bad and the Ugly (1966)'' and ``Once Upon a Time in the West'' (1968).

He performed with more than 80 members of the Rome Symphony Orchestra and 100 chorus members under the five themes _ Life and Legend, Social Cinema, Scattered Sheets, The Modernity of Myth in Sergio Leone Cinema and Tragic, Lyric and Epic Cinema _ during the concert.

The maestro flexed his still-vigorous prowess, undaunted by age.

The audience erupted when he opened the stage with ``The Untouchables (from the film).''

Korean fans gave a thunderous applause at their favorite scores from the ``Mission,'' ``The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'' and ``Once Upon A Time in America.''

At the peak of the show, soprano Susanna Rigacci joined the orchestra and immediately raised the atmosphere of the concert with her wonderful voice.

After conducting the masterful pieces, the veteran maestro received a standing a ovation from the audience and responded with encore performances with ``Nuovo Cinema Paradiso'' and ``Malena.''

He did not forget to respond with respectful bows to endless applauses from the audiences after the two-and-half-hour show.

The concert was also graced with strong colorful back lighting and flown - hung on rigging - audio equipment.

But the concert revealed limits of unorganized management of big-name concerts yet again, infuriating the audience.

There was confusion among the audience because there was no staff and no signs to guide them into the stadium. So many had to wait in the wrong lines at the wrong entrances around several stadium gates. Some arrived late after being led to the wrong gates and were not allowed to enter until the interval began between each section.

Also during the concert, there was a technical sound glitch, which created a short noise. But the orchestra and the maestro were never disturbed and calmly finished the performances.

The most beloved Italian composer, especially noted for his film scores, has composed and arranged scores for more than 400 film and television productions.

His pieces as such have been frequently cited by many in the film industry as some of the greatest film scores ever composed.

After the two-day concert, Morricone will participate in the Pusan International Film Festival, which will kick off on Oct. 4.

chungay@koreatimes.co.kr

Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:32 pm   Post subject: Navajo Joe Reply with quote

"na na vo jo, navajo joe! na na vo jo, navajo joe..."

It is coming! Film Score Monthly is releasing Morricone's crazy/goofy western score Navajo Joe

USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:09 pm   Post subject: Ennio is up for Grammies Again! Reply with quote

New York, NY - November 7, 2007
It's that time of year again to cast your votes for the year's best recordings. And our very own, Ennio Morricone, whose latest record, We All Love Ennio Morricone, is up for consideration in several categories. The album features performances from Bruce Springsteen, Renée Fleming, Herbie Hancock and Metallica, among others.

Please take a moment to cast your vote for one or all of the following categories
General Field
Category 3 - Song of the Year
#244 - I Knew I Loved You - Celine Dion

Field 1 - Pop
Category 5 - Best Female Pop Vocal Performance
#035 - I Knew I Loved You - Celine Dion
Field 4 - Rock
Category 19 - Best Rock Instrumental Performance
#028 - The Ecstacy of Gold - Metallica
Field 4 - Rock
Category 19 - Best Rock Instrumental Performance
#041 - Once Upon A Time In The West -
Bruce Springsteen
Field 30 - Classical
Category 108 - Best Classical Crossover Album
#050 - We All Love - Ennio Morricone
Gabriel’s Oboe - Ennio Morricone
Conradiana - Andrea Bocelli
Malena - Yo-Yo Ma
Addio Monti - Taro Hakase
Come Sail Away - Renée Fleming
IF YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE ACADEMY OR KNOW ONE PLEASE VOTE -
(SE SEI MEMBRO DELL’ACADEMY O NE CONOSCI QUALCUNO, VOTA E FAI VOTARE)

il sito dell'academy è: www.grammy.com

ENTRA: www.enniomorricone.it -- www.sonymusicstore.com --www.enniomorriconelive.com

Lieutenant

Member#: 18198

ld80061 is offline View user's profile Send private message View ld80061's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

*wanders in*
Just signing up for the Ennio Morricone Fan Club - I hope I got the right place!
*wanders out*
03 Feb 10 - 18:21:14 > taryn: LD Yes mooooood music Cool
Czech Republic pingu
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7856

pingu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail pingu's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to share few informations and pics from Ennio's concert in Vienna (Dec 12) in Wiener Stadthalle - http://www.stadthalle.com/section/home

Orchestra: Roma Sinfonietta
Choir: Nuovo Coro Lirico Sinfonico Romano
Soprano: Susanna Rigacci
Piano: Gilda Buttà

PROGRAM
Part 1
The Untouchables
Deborah's theme
Poverty
Once Upon a Time in America
The Legend of 1900

The Legend of Algiers
Investigation on a Citizen Above Suspicion
Sostiene pereira
La Classe Operaia in Paradiso
Casualties of War
Abolisson

Part 2
H2S
Il Clan dei Siciliani
Metti Una Sera a Cena
Uno Che Grida Amore
Come Maddalena

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Titles
Once Upon a Time in the West
A Fistful of Dynamite
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - Ecstasy of Gold

Il Deserto Dei Tartari
Richard III
Il Deserto Dei Tartari - reprise
Gabriel's Oboe
Falls
On Earth as It Is In Heaven
-------------------
STANDING OVATIONS!
3 encores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SmileSmile
STANDING OVATIONS again and again and again

You all know how much I love Ennio. I didn't think it's possible but I love him even more now. He is a genius.

It was fabulous!

pictures:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/EnnioandSusanna.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio2.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio3.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio4.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio5.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio6.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio7.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/EnnioaSusanna.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/pinguinka/Viden/Ennio8.jpg

Smile

I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pingu, thanks for sharing the pics! Seems like you got a similar Ennio program to the NYC one we saw, but you got even closer to him!
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all this pictures, pingu!

I'm sure you have had a fabulous concert. I'm so sad I wasn't able to be here... Crying or Very sad
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pingu, thanks for sharing the program and photos.
It must have been a thrill to be near the stage. Love the great close-ups of Ennio, especially #5.
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video showing the maestro conducting "Il Clan dei Siciliani".

Enjoy it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzX2VuL2JnI
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:56 pm   Post subject: Ennio is International again Reply with quote

Found this piece... interesting. Just goes to show you how international the man is at heart.

Ennio Morricone to compose “The Morning Son” music
TEHRAN, Feb. 2 (MNA) -- Behruz Afkhami, director of the TV series “The Morning Son” has announced that the Italian composer Ennio Morricone will be writing the scores for the series.

“We have carried out preliminary negotiations with Morricone. He is to compose the music with the help of his son with whom we are in direct contact,” Afkhami told Mehr News Agency.

He went on to say, “The editing of the series must be completed soon so that Morricone can view it before embarking on his work. He needs to finish the process of composition before the summer as the western orchestras he intends to use to perform the works have a break in June and July.”

Afkhami has previously said that he undertook the rough cut of the series himself and reached an agreement with Seifollah Daad to make the final cut on which he is currently working.

Produced by Mohammadreza Sharafoddin, the docudrama is about the life of Imam Khomeini, founder of the Islamic Republic.

Arman Iranpur, Hadi Heidari and Abdorreza Akbari play the role of Imam Khomeini in different periods of his life.

Hedyeh Tehrani, Atila Pesyani, Mohammadreza Sharifinia and Elika Abdorrazzaqi have been cast in other key roles.

Ennio Morricone (born 1928) is an Italian composer especially noted for his film scores. He has composed and arranged scores for more than 500 films and television productions.

He is best known for the memorable soundtracks of Sergio Leone’s westerns “A Fistful of Dollars” (1964), “For a Few Dollars More” (1965), “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly” (1966) and “Once Upon a Time in the West” (1968) which have been frequently cited by many in the film industry as some of the greatest film scores ever composed.

Morricone received the Honorary Academy Award (Lifetime Achievement Award) in 2007.

http://www.mehrnews.ir/en/image/header.gif
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: