StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Corpse Bride Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:25 pm   Post subject: The Corpse Bride Reviews Reply with quote

As a fan of "Nightmare before Christmas," I also really enjoyed this one. Great animation of quirky and colorful dead people dancing, and the love triangle between Victor, Victoria, and the Corpse Bride had emotional depth. Only caveat is the ending which didn't feel like the logical conclusion to the tale.

Spoiler:
I was unhappy with the ending since all of the lead up seemed to show that Victor had more in common with the dead than the living. Since it's a kid-friendly film, I don't think one can advocate suicide as a way to remain with your beloved. I wish the screenwriters had found a cleverer way to resolve this or made Victoria's character more endearing.
USA dragon_Angel_05
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12015

dragon_Angel_05 is offline View user's profile Send private message View dragon_Angel_05's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best yet strangest film I've ever seen. The storyline is great, the actors in this film were excellent including Johnny Depp voicing as the timid Victor. Danny Elfman did a great job scoring the film and the songs were catchy when I first heard it. It's a must see for fans of "The Nightmare Before Chrismas". Kudos for Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, and Danny Elfman. Very Happy
noahsaly
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 11720

noahsaly is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail noahsaly's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing all the "rave reviews" and seeing other Tim Burton films I rented this movie.
I sat and wondered if the writter (if it was TB) was confused as to where the story and who was going to end up with who. I felt cheated by the way he took and found it to be a let down with a chopped off ending.

Thumbs Down
GrooveMerchant
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 2617

GrooveMerchant is offline View user's profile Send private message GrooveMerchant's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part I enjoyed this film, as I do most anything Tim Burton. The animation style worked well and most of the songs where pretty entertaining. If I had any complaint it would be that......

Spoiler:
Was it supposed to be some kind of secret that the guy who left the corpse bride in the past is the same guy whos going after Victoria? Everyone acted very suprised, when it seemed pretty obvious from the start. Or was this done intentionally? This was the only real thing that bothered me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: