StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Would it be possible to remove Moonsoon wedding...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Do you want to remove Moonsoon wedding from the track list?
Yes, I can´t stand it!!!!
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
No, I really enjoy this s...
72%
 72%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 22

Necros
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 12287

Necros is offline View user's profile Send private message Necros's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:11 am   Post subject: Would it be possible to remove Moonsoon wedding... Reply with quote

...from the world??? or at least from the track list? It´s horrible...
USA Goblinmoon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm not that I specifically recall the music, but how could you ask to remove a score that someone might like? and you base part of your decision just on the names of the track list?

We all have different tastes. I will say I've found some neat pieces that I otherwise might well have missed by listening to others' choices.
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Necros this cannot be your first post? to remove something?
Cadet 1

Necros is offline View user's profile Send private message Necros's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Goblinmoon: "To base part of my decision on the names of the track list"? Uncorrect. I base my decision in my onw tastes and in the use of the forum: I´ve see a removal can be asked, so I did... And I´m not too wrong: people is voting for booth the options. "We all have different tastes" Yeah, that´s right, that´s because this is a POLL...

WORKERVR: Why not? Is as a good reason as any other to post.
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you could call it a poll. Polls have two choices both should be non offensive. Your last choice.. No I enjoy this s... (I can only think this would be a form of excrement) really doesn't make it open to inviting honest opinion. Welcome to SST. I am new here as well. But try and catch the vibe of the place.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the term s..., though crude, isn't always used in a negative sense. When one is listening to something new, they could say to another, "this is good s...." We really can't say how far Necros wanted to take his critique of Monsoon Wedding. On the other hand...

You are right WORK, Necros should have put down a third choice, like "Some of the tracks on the album should be taken from the list." Relax folks. It's highly unlikely JERIC will remove an album without a majority vote.

Necros, perhaps you should just consider turning down the volume when it gets to some track that irritates you, and turn it up when something interests you. I tend to turn it up a little when Forbidden Zone comes up (to figure out exactly why most people here don't care for it). With that all in mind, welcome to SST!

(P.S. If you look around a few sites, you might someone's first post about some controversial ideas about animal euthanasia. Chin up Necros, and Happy Hunting to all! Twisted Evil)

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

someone might like it, but if its garbage, its garbage. if its really bad then take it down.
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two-pronged question, joyrider: Have you heard any Moonsoon Wedding tracks and do you think they're bad? (Feel free to listen to it if you haven't already and come back to this question when you have. Smile )

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This goes along with all the other soundtracks that people may not like...Spirit comes to mind. Most enjoy only the instrumental tracks, but then when Bryan Adams starts singing, a lot of people hit their *mute* buttons. However, just because a majority does that, doesn't mean it should be taken off SST, because there are some that enjoy listening to Bryan.

God gaves us *Mute* buttons. If you don't like what you hear, just push it Wink
Lieutenant

Member#: 1999

Goblinmoon is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Goblinmoon's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard Monsoon Wedding, that I know of, so I'm not coming from an informed opinion. My comments were based on Necros' own, and the fact that we have wide range of tracks on SST. A few I mute, or turn my speakers down, but more often its only 2-4 mins of my life to hear something that might change my mind.

Yea I won't deny that some stuff on here is crap... And Jeric has gotten rid of stuff.

I think the question is WHY don't you like it? the composer? the style of music? Necros? Anyone?
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bad wedding issues maybe? Wink
Cadet 1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

´Cause the few parts I´ve heard from it sound me like reggaeton with an exotic touch.... puajjj!!

In the other hand I can understand perfectly that the spirit of a music community is having a wide variety of music. In that way I´m afraid Moonsoon wedding will remais.

For the mute button fans: I´m at work, and the speakers are not connected to my PC, so that I´m not free of muting anything that annoy me. I just can listen and request, but I can´t "not listen".
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Most music players should have a stop button. That's what I use when something plays that I don't care to hear.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5034

BhelPuri is offline View user's profile Send private message View BhelPuri's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Necros, perhaps the track(s) you heard was one of the songs (I presume you're talking about the Punjabi pop song- #17). I personally don't mind it but I think its really Jeric's call when it comes to retaining/deleting song cues.

That aside, the album has some very pretty score cues composed by Danna so perhaps you might not want to judge it based on the songs you've heard thus far.
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

there are some nice tracks on this ST. But if yeah don't like it that is why they made a mute button Wink
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: