StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What do you do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the Sales & Marketing Manager for a powder/material handling company in South Jersey.

http://www.iedco.com

Can you say "Boring!".

I do graphic design, web design and illustration on the side and am trying to get into pencilling comic books. I love art and that is where my passion is.

My "real" job just pays the bills. Rolling Eyes
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11852

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an accountant at an advertising agency and I like listening to SST while trying to balance out job costs, very soothing Smile
Feyd_Baron
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 8098

Feyd_Baron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Feyd_Baron's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently an Architect-In-Training. Another year or so, and I can just start saying Architect... Ahh, that'll be the day. The day 9 years after all this started.

Also working a smallish firm in Phoenix that seems to be taking on larger and larger projects.
"They named the city 'Phoenix' after the mythical bird which rises from its own ashes, and so ushered in an unbroken history of area dwellers disturbingly comfortable with the concept of self-immolation."
Canada Arya
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently a 2nd year student studying Biology at McMaster University in Hamilton, although I seem to spend most of the night here instead! Don't worry though, my grades are doing well Very Happy
Ensign

Member#: 11545

TwilightSoul is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View TwilightSoul's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pretty much the same job description as AK-Mal_Owner: Senior Propellorhead. I'm currently a consultant, but looking to return to the non-exempt paid-employee world.

Basically, I write all kinds and sizes of enterprise software on all Microsoft platforms and languages for the biggest companies I can find. I will spare you the technical details, for which you may repay me in chocolate (minimum 8 oz / 225g bars, please, preferably dark chocolate, no nuts)

->A
USA goober
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 990

goober is offline View user's profile Send private message goober's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I work at a university during the day, am finishing my MA thesis nights and weekends, and somehow manage to fit in being involved with my local community theatre, a wife, and a mom. Sleep? Who needs sleep? Shocked Very Happy
Lieutenant

Member#: 10227

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a director of marketing/business development for a healthcare company in Phoenix, AZ. I'm sort of like a mini-internal ad agency as I provide creative design/writing, marketing consulting and media relations services for my company, and for several of our clients. My background prior to this position was mostly advertising agency / freelance consulting work. Advertising and marketing is my passion. Can't wait for the Super Bowl -- for the commercials of course.
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

by day I'm a data wrangler/mailroom manager for a all-inclusive tour company.

by night and on weekends I'm... Super Book Dealer!!, with the help of my wife Peaches of course.

I also do basic web design for both places and for a youth rugby team, although my time is mostly spent on moving boxes of books from point A to point B. I'm still learning web coding in my spare (HA!!) time.

My hobbies include drawing/painting/sculpting in several media, computer repair, and reading. I also have the (unrealistic) goal of reading every book in our store!

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enjoyed this almost as much as the pictures of people. It is so interesting to see what everyone does.!

Thanks!
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10704

SpaceC06 is offline View user's profile Send private message SpaceC06's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with Rockets!!! Very Happy

Actually I am a full time student studying Space Science (concentration in Space Systems) along with Applied Math and Physics.

I also work part time as an intern at NASA Kennedy Space Center, where I a part of the Mechanical Propulsion team of the Launch Services Program Smile i.e. I help launch most of the unmanned rockets from KSC...

I will update you on "what I do" in May when I have to find a real life, I mean real job Very Happy
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am surely a little odd in this long list of salesmen/women, pilots, austronauts and other heroes. Razz

I am a music student in Vienna, Austria (Europe) studying composition at the university for music and Arts in Vienna.
I play piano, organ and since last fall the clarinet (had to start that instrument because going-to-be-composers and conductors have to learn an orchestral instrument at the university).

When I'm not busy with musical matters (or listening soundtracks), I like to go dance (standards, latin and so on).
I do that for over 5 years now. (One of the few hobbies I usually can find some time for)

So if anyone ever likes to do a samba, cha cha cha, slow waltz (or the classical viennese waltz of course), don't hesitate to ask me for help... or go to a dance course Laughing
Kcfsu49
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 13357

Kcfsu49 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kcfsu49's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a product design engineer, I work with alot of the auto companies around the Detroit Area.. and I help design plastic injection systems for all sorts of companies. All sorts of automobile makers, consumer products, along with the medical industry.
UK Montybank
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5290

Montybank is offline View user's profile Send private message Montybank's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in child protection/trafficking identification in the UK, which essentially means I get to see the best and the worst of humanity in the space of a day. Part of the best is certainly SST.
Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a fascinating topic! This community certainly has some interesting and diverse professions. So, I’m posting for the first time in the almost 2 years that I’ve listened to SST. What do I do? For a living, I am a civil designer-which basically means that I don’t have a civil engineering degree, but I have hung around long enough that they trust me with some decisions. Nobody notices the streets, sidewalks, utilities that I work on unless there is some type of problem with them. For fun I spend time with my wife and 2 little kids, play music for the kids at church and surf. Take care.
USA AtticusFinch
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 8153

AtticusFinch is offline View user's profile Send private message View AtticusFinch's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a lawyer in a sleepy, southern town. I have two children, Jem and Scout, and a mysterious neighbor named Boo.

Naw, just kidding...

Actually, I've been a professional clown in the Pickle Family Circus for the past 12 years.

Hmmm, let's try this again...

I'm an overworked workaholic who doesn't know how to say no to a new challenge. I have way too many interests and just about everything interests me. I do have two children, though, but they are not named Jem and Scout. And I have been called a clown from time to time.

My primary professional involvment is as a design manager at a small engineering firm: http://www.bylinusa.com. My secondary professional involvment is running my own video production company,

Trumping these activities is my role as Daddy to two lovely little girls and as husband to an equally lovely big girl. We live in the 'berbs and go to church.

Yes, life is firing on all cylinders!

Respectfully,
Atticus Finch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: