StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The 5th ANNUAL SST AWARDS ~ Best Soundtrack of 2005
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My nominations go to:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Chronicles of Narnia
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13122

Pendrillion is offline View user's profile Send private message Pendrillion's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Gate Atlantis, Joel Goldsmith
Crash, Mark Isham
Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith, John Williams
Battlestar Galactica, Season One - Bear McCreary
Batman Begins, Hans Zimmer

Thats my choice...

Have fun!
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

March of the Penguins - Alex Wurman
Final Fantasy: Advent Children - Nobuo Uematsu
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith - Wohn Williams
Howl's Moving Castle - Joe Hisaishi
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory- Danny Elfman
Pride & Prejudice - Dario Marianelli
King Kong- James Newton Howard
Wallace & Gromit - Julian Nott
Sorstalansag (Fateless)- Ennio Morricone
Cadet 4

Member#: 11856

utepfootball05 is offline View user's profile Send private message utepfootball05's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine Nominations are:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Batman Begins
Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire
Chronicles of Naria
King Kong
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright here are my nominations finally. Took some time to think this over and in general I choose my favorites based on me being able to listen to every track on the CD and enjoy it. With this being the case I came up with my top ten and five honorable mentions to basically have my top 15 of 2005:

Top 10 of 2005 (in no particular order):

1. The Promise by Klaus Badelt: I thouroughly enjoyed this music. This is probably one many have not heard yet since it came out on the December 29th, 2005 but I really think this is one of Badlet's best since Time Machine.

2. Ladies in Lavender by Nigel Hess featuring Joshua Bell: I really love the violin work by Joshua Bell on this score. I did enjoy Dreamer also by Debney but felt this was overall a better score and much more enjoyable. Those who like violin or Joshua Bell I think would like this CD.

3. Firefly by Greg Edmundson: BROWNCOATS UNITE! I just discovered this tv show this year on DVD and after watching it was very disappointed they cancelled the show. This was a great show with some wonderful music. If you do not have this CD yet, you must get it. Well at least in my opinion you should Razz .

4. Four Brothers by David Arnold: I enjoyed this score even more than I expected. I thought Arnold did a really good job providing beautiful action music. A very delightful surprise.

5. Greatest Game Ever Played by Brian Tyler: I think this is Tyler's best score since Children of Dune. Yes, I know the criticism is that some of it sounds very similar to Legends of the Fall, but I still love the score and found it to be a wonderful listen.

6. Memoirs of a Geisha by John Williams: What a beautifully intimate score by the master Williams. I cannot listen to this enough, just a wonderful score that I highly recommend.

7. Spanglish by Hanz Zimmer: The lighter side of Zimmer. I am a big Zimmer fan and love his action music no matter what others think of him Razz , but this score shows Zimmer's versatility in my opinion.

8. Star Wars III by John Williams: It is Star Wars, nuff said Razz .

9. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Patrick Doyle: Seems to be a heated debate over this score and it people either like it or not. It was different having someone other than Williams do the music, but with so much to live up to I think Doyle did a wonderful job. Of course the pop songs on this album are terrible but other than that a delightful listen.

10. King Kong by James Newton Howard: Wow, what a wonderful score in such a short period of time. I have been a fan of a lot of Newton Howard's stuff and he impressed me once again with this score. I think the music was great in the movie and wonderful to listen to away from the movie.

Honorable Mentions of 2005

1. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by Harry Gregson Williams: Would have made my top ten, but there are a few songs that I do not particularly like not including the pop songs. But it made my honorable mention list because there are some truly amazing tracks on this album that I could listen to over and over again.

2. March of the Penguins by Alex Wurman: This is an exquisite score by Wurman for a beautiful documentary. Just wonderful to listen to and imagine the scenes of the movie.

3. Robots by John Powell: This is just a flat out fun score to listen to. If you are not having a good day just listen to this score and it should cheer you right up.

4. Kingdom of Heaven by Harry Gregson Williams: Wonderful score by Gregson Williams. Only wish the director would have put more faith in this composer cause he created some wonderful music for this movie, but including some of Goldsmith's 13th Warrior in the movie was very disappointing and shame on the director.

5. Valiant by George Fenton: This is almost like a sequel to Chicken Run in my mind. Just flat out fun and exciting music. A wonderful listen and another score that can cheer you right up just by listening to it.

Well those are all my nominations for 2005. I am sure I might have left some out, but put some thought into these and really feel like these are some great scores. I really enjoyed several scores from 2005 and look forward to wonderous scores of 2006. Until next years nominations, keep enjoying all the wonderful music.
Estel_MM
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 9059

Estel_MM is offline View user's profile Send private message Estel_MM's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Revenge of the sith - John Williams
Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard
Kingdom Of Heaven - Harry Gregson-Williams
Legend of Zorro - James Horner
Chronicles Of Narnia - Harry Gregson-Williams
Lord of the Rings: Complete Collection
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 10439

arlingirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website arlingirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Chronicles of Narnia- Gregson-Williams
Batman Begins -Zimmer
Kingdom of Heaven -Gregson-Williams

http://www.bellereveportraitdesign.com
Czech Republic pingu
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 7856

pingu is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail pingu's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Patrick Doyle
Pride & Prejudice - Dario Marianelli
Memoirs of Geisha - John Williams
Munich - John Williams
Sorstalanság - Ennio Morricone
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my list:

Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
Crash - Mark Isham
Spanglish - Hans Zimmer
Kingdom Of Heaven - Harry Gregson-Williams
Lord of the Rings: Complete Collection - Howard Shore
The Island - Steve Jablonsky

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
.. those are all my nominations for 2005. I ... put some thought into these and really feel like these are some great scores.
Outstanding, Nate! You really ought to consider starting your own blog with CD reviews. Smile

To EVERYONE who has taken the time so far to list your favorites for 2005, thank you! It's been a real eye-opener for me, and I'm sure for others as well.

Keep 'em coming! Nominations open until Feb.14, 23:59 SST Time.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like natedogg, these nominations took some brain power. I think I also developed a tick down my left side from the sheer intensity of the smashing neurons. *ahem* At any rate...

The nominations:

~ Batman Begins - Hans Zimmer/James Newton Howard
Lot of power and emotion in the score. As a standalone work it holds together and gives me a vision of Batman protecting Gotham. And this was before I watched the movie! Very nice.

~ Firefly - Greg Edmunson
I started to get into this series when it aired, but could only view it in other people's homes... part of the price of not having cable. But I did see the whole series on DVD. Not only do I love each episode, but fully feel in love with the music. The music brought together the concept of a space-western. An excellent job by Edmunson.

~ Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Danny Elfman
Danny Elfman is my favorite composer, but this is not why I chose this. It's been a while since Elfman has written a score that really went "out of the box". And it reminded me of his days with Oingo Boingo (and a bit of Forbidden Zone Wink). It's nice to see that he hasn't lost his creative edge.

~ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (h2g2) - Joby Talbot
I'm a huge Douglas Adams fan and a lover of the h2g2 series. When I heard the movie was being made one hope I had was for a decent score that would compliment the quirkiness of the story. Talbot certainly did that and more. "Arthur Wakes Up" is a good example of this quirky compliment. Talbot is definately a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is.

~ Skyward - Justin R. Durban
This isn't from a movie and may be exclusive to SST, but I can't pass up a nomination for a SST member composer. If it's good enough to use part of this album (Fort of Flight) for SST's bumper music... it's good enough for a nomination in my opinion.

~ Stripes - Elmer Bernstein
I'm really happy that this score was (finally!) released onto CD! Even though the movie isn't from 2005, far from it in fact, it's a fabulous score from a very talented composer and deserves a nomination.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Kemo
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13157

Kemo is offline View user's profile Send private message Kemo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for...

SHENMUE
STEP INTO LIQUID!!!
chubbachubb
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 12642

chubbachubb is offline View user's profile Send private message chubbachubb's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

John Williams - Munich, Geisha, Star Wars 3
Joe Hisaishi - Howl's Moving Castle
Hans Zimmer/ James Newton Howard - Batman Begins
Antonio PInto - Lord of War
Howard Shore - Fellowship Of The Ring (Complete Recordings)
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

genericdragon wrote:
I think I also developed a tick down my left side from the sheer intensity of the smashing neurons.
ROTFL, Dragon!!

genericdragon wrote:
Skyward - Justin R. Durban
This isn't from a movie and may be exclusive to SST, but I can't pass up a nomination for a SST member composer.
Kudos, GD, for pointing this out. Thanks! Very Happy
Germany Leina
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10786

Leina is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Leina's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Okidoki,

Star Wars Episode III - John Williams
King Kong - James Newton Howard
Howl's Moving Castle - Joe Hisaishi
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: