StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Themes for everyday
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Sweden phireangel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13973

phireangel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View phireangel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe I did my own themeday nearly every day so far.. lol. and mostly there are others that join in too, and even do their themes.. sometimes they even ask me "whats the theme for today Phire?" ..LOL
I think its just fun, but I hope noone feel they have to do the same, because thats NOT the porpuse at all...
so far so good I hope, and its really fun to use the searchengine for diffrent topics.. the other day we found chickensongs for arsi as she had a crave for chicken haha.. you find new ST's u had no idea they existed.... well Im sure I type too much here now.. and also with my "perfect" english..haha Im sure someone will have to comment that...(there are so many nice teachers around here Wink )
/Phire
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You write good English, angel, a darn sight better than my Swedish, or any other language for that matter.

In fact the use of English on SST always astounds me and makes me feel very ashamed that I don't speak a jot of any other language apart from 1 to 10 and "I would like a beer, please" in French.

One letter changed by j2brown
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that, Mellow. My daughter is learning some Spanish, but without parents that speak it it's a slow process. My wife knows American Sign Language, so may daughter is learning that too. I, on the other hand, can count to 10 in Spanish and say "Keys" and "Fire", plus your basic "Thank you" and "You're welcome." I have enough trouble with English (which is why I often tell folks that I speak American, which is very similar to poorly spoken English).

jeff
sdg
Sweden phireangel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

phireangel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View phireangel's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm guyes maybe we should start a language-school then. .I will speak with obi about it..lol

here is a start fo you who wants!

Swedish
hej = hello
vad heter du? = whats your name?
jag älskar dig! = I love you!
en stor stark, tack! = One big beer please!

Well thats about the most importent things to know, right..
just tell me what u want to know...
/phire
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well, then... en stor stark, tack!

(several beers later)

hej. jag älskar dig!

(slap)

vad heter du?

Wait... I may have gotten the order mixed up. Wink
Sweden phireangel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 I must say u are a fast learner..lol.. and I guess the order how you use the words are all up to you! Razz
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why thank you, phire. Smile
Sweden phireangel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let me know what words else you need later on in your dating Hurr! Wink
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with impromptu theme days is their, well, impromptu nature. Unless you monitor the chat, you don't know there is one. And when two or more people try to set up different theme days, well, it gets interesting.

Though I do like the idea of theme days. Makes people look up tracks they wouldn't normall look for.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only think I could forsee happening is an official "suggested theme of the day" posted somewhere on SST. There would be no enforcement link in the Old Days(tm). However, given the amount of work JERIC and the admins are putting in on other things, I'd suspect that is very unlikely to happen.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
The only problem with impromptu theme days is their, well, impromptu nature. Unless you monitor the chat, you don't know there is one. And when two or more people try to set up different theme days, well, it gets interesting.

I have run into that as well, Lady. Additionally, you can sometimes tell there is a Theme going on from the queue as well. But like the other day, I knew there was some kind of "brass" theme going, but without seeing the chat I had no idea why.

Still, impromptu themes are fun. Months ago, I logged onto the chat and suggested we play space- or flight-related tracks to honor a space shuttle launch. Lots of people joined in. It was great! Very Happy Then, the shuttle launch was delayed indefinitely due to technical complications. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: