StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

American Idol Season 5 (2006)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
zirael wrote:
Taylor Hicks (grey haired guy) and Chris Daughtry (bald rocker) aren't too bad.

So which one are you rooting for now, Zir?

I'm rooting for Taylor because he's a fun performer and has the personality to sell records even though his voice is weaker than Elliott's.

I think Katherine has improved a lot over the course of the season vs. Chris who's been rather consistent. The momentum might be with Katherine if she continues to pick pop songs she can belt out.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to listen to this terrific "insider" conversation with Michael Orland, just click on KPAM a little after 7AM (Pacific) on Wednesday mornings.

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
I'm pulling for Elliot since he's a fellow Richmonder

zirael wrote:
I'm rooting for Taylor because he's a fun performer and has the personality to sell records even though his voice is weaker than Elliott's.

Congrats for picking the Top 2!

Wow, last night's show was really a shocker for a lot of people. Chris looked stunned. There's no doubt he'll go on to have a very successful career on his own, but I'll bet he is really heartbroken not to be able to perform in these final shows.

Michael Orland was on KPAM again this morning (Thurs) to answer questions since everyone's in disbelief. Bob Miller asked about the votes and Orland said he would try to find out the actual count and let us know. That would be cool.

Tonight Chris will be taping an appearance for Ellen's show, (which airs Monday, 5/15 I believe) and he'll be playing guitar. Smile

Song selections for next week's Idol (each contestant will sing 3) will be chosen by the judges, Clive Davis, and the contestant.
arlingirl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 10439

arlingirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website arlingirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Chris is the only one who really had "pop" selling appeal. I didn't vote this week because I was busy doing something else and I thought he was "safe".

I'm not sure how I feel about the three that are left. I love Taylor, but I just don't see him having mass-appeal in record sales and to a younger generation. Sad His Joe Cocker impersonation is awesome, though. Cool

http://www.bellereveportraitdesign.com

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

arlingirl wrote:
I didn't vote this week because I was busy doing something else and I thought he was "safe".

Well you're not the only one, Arlin.

Chris lost because of complacency by his fans. They did an analysis of the voting. Phone records can show how many times people got a busy signal. Statistically there was a lower percentage of busy signals recorded for the number assigned to Chris. That means people didn't try as hard to call in as in past weeks.

Also, they feel that the Kellie voters have now switched over to Katharine. So the "male" vote is split 3 ways. Chris might have lost by a very, very narrow margin.

Many of American Idol's fans and staff think the vote tally should be revealed. But it's not going to happen because the producers know that as long as people are debating the issue, it's publicity for the show.

There has also been some talk about the ratings dropping. While it is true that they have dropped off somewhat in recent weeks, the overall viewership is up, and that's what they really care about.

Arly, I agree with you, too, about the singing styles and marketability of each of the contestants. I'm still hoping Chris will go out on his own and not get tied into a band (like Fuel).
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Elliot, the best vocalist in the competition has been eliminated. Sad

I'm sure he'll go on to do something that will make his family and his fellow Richmonders proud.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
pixelpusher
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 11958

pixelpusher is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website pixelpusher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this is last minute and all but I think that Taylor Hicks will win. The results show is tonight so we will see. I think that it would be a lot closer if Elliot wasn't eliminated last week.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Results are in, anyone disappointed??

Spoiler:
Taylor Hicks Won!!!!

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointed Elliot wasn't in the top 2 but not disappointed at the overall winner. This was the best season by far!

USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also think it was the best finale show so far based on the number of stars that showed up, although there wasn't as much suspense regarding the winner. I really enjoyed seeing Mary J. Blige, Dionne Warwick, and the past contestants perform medleys. I think Chris did the best job performing with Live out of the contestants paired up with a star for duets.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - What a fabulous finale!! A little something for everyone. I especially enjoyed the Bacharach/Warwick medley. The contestants did a fantastic job on that number - on all of them, in fact.

My jaw just dropped when Prince came out on stage. Shocked Who will they have next year - Madonna, Elton John, Paul McCartney? Wouldn't it be cool to see McCartney working one-on-one with the contestants on a Beatles night?

American Idol is like the elephant in the living room. The networks and musical stars just can't ignore it. They all want on the bandwagon - and Prince was a good start.

Re Elliott - I cried when we watched the video of his trip to Richmond. He seemed so genuinely touched by the outpouring of love. I hope he's successful beyond his wildest dreams.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
Re Elliott - I cried when we watched the video of his trip to Richmond. He seemed so genuinely touched by the outpouring of love. I hope he's successful beyond his wildest dreams.
I hope so too! They play his AI performances on a local radio station here which is just terrific to hear every time.

graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is American Idol Websites get lots and lots of traffic Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: