StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Like a Virgin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:22 am   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

So Jeric, we finally got you to join the dark side and acquire the Moulin Rouge soundtracks.

Thank you!

The problem, however, is that you didn't post all the songs. "Like a Virgin" was left off because you didn't like it.

I can understand removing tracks that aren't soundtracks (like the Scott Bakula interview) but this was just a question of taste.

Most on here would happily say I have horrid taste, and maybe they're right since I seem to be the only one who misses this track. If anyone else would also like to see "Like a Virgin" posted, please say something.

Jeric I know this is YOUR site. You can do whatever you damn well want, and we're basically being allowed to listen in on your private collection, but come on! You posted "Eye of the Tiger" for crying out loud. Why not this one?
Pixie
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 90

Pixie is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Pixie's Favorites are Private
AIM Address ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:05 am   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

I must concur with Cocles...if you are going to have such songs as "Eye of the Tiger", then you should appease the people who want to hear "Like a Virgin" as well. There are songs on many soundtracks that some people don't like, for example, I think "Shipoopi" should definately be banned, but apparantly someone out there likes it as it gets requested.

And yes, it is YOUR site, but many of us support you, and in the past, time and time again, you've done what it takes to support us when you can. So now, we're asking for one simple task, add a song for us. Heck, it's a great deal, you don't even have to spend any money to get this song since you already own the soundtrack! And, best of all, you will be making many of your listeners happy. Just think of all of us listeners dancing around our cubicles and desks, singing along (because you know we all know the words [Smile] ) with silly grins on our faces when we hear "Like a Virgin, HEY, touched for the very first time...Like a Vir-ir-ir-ir-gin, when your heart beats next to mine..."

So please reconsider adding "Like a Virgin" to the repertoire, so those who want to hear it have the chance. And while we're at it...why not add "Lady Marmalade" too?

Thank you!
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:06 pm   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

Yes, add Lady Marmalade too.

Not a soundtrack?

Well it is more so than the Elvis songs. [Big Grin]
USA Legolas
Commander
Commander

Member#: 178

Legolas is offline View user's profile Send private message View Legolas's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 12:13 pm   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

well even though i am not a virgin, i felt like one with my new girlfriend. well that was too much info! anyways i am for the like a virgin. we need to have that song on here. thats all folks!
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:19 pm   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

Fine, I added Like A Virgin. But Lady Marmalade is rediculous.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:18 pm   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

It might be ridiculous, but Eye of the Tiger is painful.... and Shipoopi is so obnoxious it should be my theme music. [Big Grin]

Thanks Jeric.
esparvel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 116

esparvel is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website esparvel's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:27 pm   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

Well Cocles, there are people with different tastes than yours. For instance, I would call perpetrating more than singing the whole Moulin Rouge ST. I can hear the piercing horror screams of the original songs whenever I hear any song in this ST.
About EotT, there are people who actually likes it.
I have to admit that I agree in the Shipoopi part though.
I guess this is what makes great this place and it's that there's music for everybody, even for the fan of Shipoopi.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:58 pm   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

Esparvel, you should have Expat translate my posts for you before you reply. I was defending other people's taste's on this by saying "Lady Marmalade" has a place on the playlist too. Just as EOTT and Shipoopi do as well.

Sorry you misunderstood... wait, no I'm not. [Razz]
SlowMo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 29

SlowMo is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail SlowMo's Favorites are Private
ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:55 am   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

So Cocles, you like 'like a virgin' huh? Maybe as a personal anthem or something...

So let me see, you're an atheist virgin? Pathetic, at least if you were a catholic you'd have an excuse for being a virgin.

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

btw : on the topic : I like *any* track on the moulin rouge soundtrack
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:53 am   Post subject: Like a Virgin Reply with quote

Who ever said I was an atheist..... or a virgin for that matter?

Of course I like the song.. it's a rich snobby guy dancing around with all his servants singing about how he's the best his woman's ever had.

Gotta love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: