StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New Costume For Spiderman 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:23 pm   Post subject: New Costume For Spiderman 3 Reply with quote

Spoiler:
For those spiderman fans out there, the images of his new costume aren't really a black and white shot but Venom.

Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
So would that be his new cosutme, or just the new character?

Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:33 pm   Post subject: Re: New Costume For Spiderman 3 Reply with quote

graywolf wrote:
Spoiler:
For those spiderman fans out there, the images of his new costume aren't really a black and white shot but Venom.

Spoiler:
I disagree about it being Venom. Venom should be much larger in bodystyle. Remember that Eddie Brock was a bodybuilder as well as an amatuer photographer. Even the offical Spidey site says it's Spiderman.

Although it's not the same style as the one he got from the Secret Wars, it's still a cool costume.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
graywolf
Commander
Commander

Member#: 2693

graywolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website graywolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
My spidey history is a little rusty, but didn't Peter Parker wear the costume for a while and then get rid of it and that's how Eddie Brock got it? Really digging deep with this but didn't Jonah Jameson's son bring it back from space or something?

Commander

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:
The story of the black costume comes from the *Secret Wars series of the mid 80's. During one of the many skirmishes on "Battleworld" Spidey's costume was mangled beyond the ability to hide his identity. For awhile he ran around with a bag over his head, if I remember right. lol. After awhile though he found a machine that dispensed clothes and ordered a new costume. This new costume spun it's own web (like Spidey in the movies) and could change into street clothes or disguise Peter to look like someone else!

After Secret Wars, Parker came to find that the black costume was actually a symbiotic entity and was trying to take over Parker's body and do crime fighting on it's own because it liked the feeling. There was a mental battle for control that Parker eventually won by ringing a church bell causing the entity severe pain. With the help of the Fantastic Four, Spidey was able to ditch the entity/costume.

Enter Eddie Brock. Eddie Brock was an amatuer photographer trying to scoop Peter on Spiderman photos. He was thwarted many times by Peter and came to hate him with a passion. He started bodybuilding at that time and became possesed with killing Peter Parker. When the sybiotic costume was discharged by Reed Richard of the Fantastic Four, it sought revenge on Parker and stumbled upon a kindred spirit in it's hate for Parker and Spiderman. Thus Venom was created.

Jameson's son was not involved in finding the costume. However, it might be introduced that way in the new movie. If Venom is introduced in this movie, it should be interesting to see how they explain his origin and how much they change.

Edit: 2 times to clean up typos Wink

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)

Last edited by genericdragon on Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up for us GD. I certainly didn't know where to look for that backhistory and didn't know who to ask. Yay for freakish comic knowledge! Smile
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Spidey is my hero! Very Happy

And I have to admit that these 21st century movies are waaaaay better than the 70's live action stuff. I'm talking storyline not SFX.

Caliburn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not into comics and all, but watched all the cartoon series :-)

Spidey still is me fav.

Spoiler:
Saw the picture and thougth "Sweet, Venom is coming"
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have secret wars one. I love that series!
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys have set a new record for spoiler posts! This is the "blackest" thread ever - LOL! Good job.
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Laughing

TreeBob wrote:
I still have secret wars one. I love that series!

me too tree, and Secret Wars II. Wink Spoiler:
*offtopic* my favorite scene from Secret Wars is when the heroes are trapped under a mountain and the Hulk is the only thing keeping the mountain from crushing them. The heroes have to keep Hulk mad to keep his strength, so they tell Spidey to insult him as much as possible! LOL */offtopic*

Denmark Armand
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 7352

Armand is offline View user's profile Send private message Armand's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a really nice suit!!

Spoiler:
I really like the black/white/silver thingy, very stylish and a bit goth RazzRazz
Don't really know how it's suposed to look, only seen a few drawings of Venom, but indeed I remember him being a lot bigger than our dear Spidey.

- Ninomiya Kazunari
(from the song Niji/Rainbow)
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AIM Address
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a hilarious scene, GD. And Spidey is so darn good at that, isn't he? heh heh.

Speaking of Spiderman 3, does anyone know why Danny Elfman isn't listed under music for this upcomming movie? (according to imdb) Did they cut him out for some reason, or am I just being paranoid.
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Auroter, Christopher Young is doing Spiderman 3. I think Elfman had a difficult time working with Sam Raimi on Spiderman 2, so they aren't working together on the 3rd installment.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got SW II as well but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first series.

Venom and Spidey's old costume rule!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: