StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

V for Vendetta
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:05 am   Post subject: V for Vendetta Reply with quote

Here is some info from the website for the new WACHOWSKI BROTHERS film:

Dario Marianelli, who is up for an oscar for his work on Pride & Prejudice and did a spectacular job scoring Terry Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm, will see his Vendetta score well represented, along with Julie London, Cat Power, and Antony & the Johnsons on the March 21st release of the soundtrack. The disc is coming via Astralwerks Records.

Here's the full track list:

1. Remember Remember
2. Cry Me A River – JULIE LONDON
3. "...Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People..."
4. Evey's Story
5. Lust At The Abbey
6. The Red Diary
7. Valerie
8. Evey Reborn
9. I Found A Reason - CAT POWER
10. England Prevails
11. The Dominoes Fall
12. Bird Gerhl - ANTONY & THE JOHNSONS
13. Knives And Bullets (And Cannons Too)

Official Site http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com
Lieutenant

Member#: 13482

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to this movie. It looks like it could be cool/fun/well-done. And, of course, I'm looking forward to hearing the soundtrack, which seems like it could be pretty cool. I hope it pops up here on SST soon after it's release Wink

Thanks for the info TreeBob!
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13590

natalie_abell is offline View user's profile Send private message natalie_abell's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting for this movie to come out since November, so I can't wait till it is released... The trailer looks good, I am a big fan of Natalie Portman, and, well after seeing Hugo Weaving in drag, you can never look at him the same way again, lol.

Am looking forward to hearing the soundtrack...
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really excited to see this movie. The trailers have looked awesome and I am really excited to hear what Marianelli does for this movie. Everyone will have to give a review about how they liked the movie.

Can't wait!

Last edited by Nate on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting read on V for Vendetta (some spoilers): V for Vendetta is the most dangerous film of the year
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Auroter is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Auroter's Favorites are Private
AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that was quite a review. I'm looking forward to it even more now. Yay for confrontational/controversial films!
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Controversial enough that they had to move back the release date because they didn't know what to do with it. I remember the teasers for it. "Remember remember, the FIFTH of NOVEMBER." Might as well be releasing Christmas movies in July.

http://www.bonefire.org/guy/

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Hurr78
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Albi wrote:
Very interesting read on V for Vendetta (some spoilers): V for Vendetta is the most dangerous film of the year

Very interesting editorial. I wasn't entirely sure that I wanted to see this, but now I'm definitely game for checking it out. Thanks, Albi!
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurr78 wrote:
Albi wrote:

Very interesting editorial. I wasn't entirely sure that I wanted to see this, but now I'm definitely game for checking it out. Thanks, Albi!

No problem Hurr. I always wanted to check out the movie because of how they would present this future society and all (and because of Nat Razz), but this article definitely made me even more curios Smile
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you have all checked out the website, but they have posted 30 second clips of each track on the soundtrack. Just use the link above to go to the official site. Once there you can enter and you will be taken to the News regarding the film. If you scroll down a bit one of the news pieces is about the score and there is a link you can click that will take you to the samples of the soundtrack. I would post a link, but it appears that the link that I copy does not take you directly to the correct page. Hope this helps for all those looking to get a sneak listen to the score by Marianelli.

Here is a link to one of the first reviews that I have found on the V for Vendetta score.

Nathan
UK thejoyrider
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8986

thejoyrider is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View thejoyrider's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

v is for hugo weaving Laughing
Auroter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I want a poster that says that with him with a raised eyebrow. That would be great.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thejoyrider wrote:
v is for hugo weaving Laughing
Unfortunately, Weaving has such a distinctive way of speaking, I half expected someone to rip off V's mask and Agent Smith would be underneath - sunglasses and all. It completely took me out of the movie. Crying or Very sad *sigh*
n707jt
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 5852

n707jt is offline View user's profile Send private message n707jt's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

Do you know what is the orchastral piece that was playing in the movie when V

Spoiler:
blew up the old bailey?

(Spoiler inserted by 2pop - for those who haven't seen the comic book or film yet.) (Formatted by j2brown after twopops edit.)
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: