StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BQ is not sharing my opinion! *cries*

How could you love this movie... HOW COULD YOU?!?!?! Laughing Wink
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 9996

Ormsby is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Ormsby's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:50 pm   Post subject: Midnight in Paris Reply with quote

I can, and did, love this movie because a) . . . I actually saw it, unlike those who are criticizing it, but haven't seen it . . . b) . . . I am a writer and I loved the way this screenplay was written . . . c) . . . I have no room to judge anyone about anything, including how much older Woody Allen was than his girlfriend . . . and d) . . . I try not to boycott people because of what their morals are. If I like their body of work, I patronize them.

Thomas O.
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think alien was talking about you liking the Woody Allen movie, orms. I think it was in response to BQ's positive review of Transformers.

I find myself sick of action movies which are allowed to be stupid, or treat women as objects, because they're action movies, and it's summer. I saw X-Men, and it was okay, but I think I've lost my taste for this kind of thing. I don't see myself hitching my wagon to the Woody Allen train any time soon, though I kinda am curious about his latest.
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormsby, I wasn't "crying" about your Woody Allen review. Shocked ,
I was responding to BuyerQueen's review.
To be honest, I care way too little about Woody Allen's movies to write any kind of critique about them, either poritive or negative.
I'm sorry if I offend you somehow.

++++

*edit even though it won't display an edit*

For some reason I didn't see what LadyInque wrote. So... what she said. Nvm... Laughing
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Orms, I just read the two reviews on "Midnight in Paris' and 'Water for elephants' and although I already felt of going to watch those, your review really propelled that feeling.
By the way, the James Newton Howard score for 'Water for elephants' is very good too.

take a look at my collection: My album list
France masked_platypus VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 18358

masked_platypus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View masked_platypus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried to Gondry movies recently:

Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind which is imo a very intelligent movie. I like the way he describes how two people can live together with what they say and what they don't say, and how you the dream can differ from reality. A very good surprise

Spoiler:
I really appreciate how the beginning let you suggest that you see the end, but it isn't the case.

Be kind rewind In order to appreciate this movie, you have to forget the story. Totally unbelievable, too much in a lot of ways, even for a weird mind like mine. The great part of it is to see how they try to recreate good movies without special effects, or even actors. I laugh very often. This describe the cinema I like : entusiasm even if the result is, well....
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the latest DC Animated DTV offering, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights. It's a bunch of linked short stories about various characters in the Green Lantern corps. I was really tired and kept falling asleep, so I'm still fuzzy on what happened. Subsequent re-viewing convinced me that I didn't care in the first place. I've never been a fan of Green Lantern, and I'm not sure why anyone is. But that's me. I'm old and cranky.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 19134

JadedTitan is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View JadedTitan's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put my 2 cents in for Water for Elephants. I saw it in the theater and though yes the visuals are neat and seeing that circus really does make the movie, I found it really hard to like Rob Pattinson's acting...I think this was his first 'serious' role (i dont really count cedric as that was a minor part). He did not mesh with Reese at all in my opinion and it took a lot away from the story. I thought the book was only just ok as well, so maybe I had bias from that. I suppose though that he did try to be serious and to be this character but he didnt sell it for me. Rosie (the elephant) is worth the viewing as is JNH's score with the visuals, it is wonderful.
Ensign

Ormsby is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Ormsby's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have been told that the Water for Elephants book is really worth the read, so I will look for it, and hope I have the time to read it.

As for Robert Pattinson, I found he was up to the part of Jacob and showed enough moxie to overcome the vampire image (which was fine, mind you, as I enjoyed the Twilight series).
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night my husband and I watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. God, what a pointless exercise. I found the movie almost as boring as Mirrormask, though the latter is far, far uglier, and feel justified that I had no interest in it when it was in theaters. There was no coherent story. This is true of the source material, yes, but at least the book isn't pretending to have a plot. I enjoyed seeing Marton Csokas (hot Hungarian!) and hearing the late Micheal Gough. Otherwise, waste of time.
Ensign
Ensign

Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree about Alice in Wonderland . . . an elaborate bore. Even Helena Bonham Carter's swelled head couldn't save this one, and I also agree about the source material. Lewis Carroll may have been visiting the opium den regularly, but his story never made sense, satire or not.
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This week Gf and I were doing some catching up on movies we wanted to see (mainly because of the score, not the movie)

* PIRATES OF THE CARIBEAN 4
Shocked the shot in the end (after the end credits) promises even a part 5,
After #4 you're not waiting for that. Even Cruz was acting terribly, was it c/o the director of whom I've never heard. Anyway not capable of doing such a monsterproduction. So sat it out mostly with eyes closed.

*BALADA TRISTE DE TROMPETA:
Weird movie about revenge and lonely souls based on post-WWII Spain
political motifs.Weirdness sometimes created beautiful cinema.
Director Alex de la Iglesia. Score by Roque Baños fitted the movie excellent.

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband and I watched Spaceballs recently. We both have a fondness for this movie and most of the dialogue memorized. It is not, however, very good. Some of the jokes are just not funny. I do, however, continue to love Bill Pullman. I liked all the scenes with him and John Candy. Makes me wish I could see that new Torchwood series he's in, though I'm a little afraid of Torchwood in general.

Continuing my Mel Brooks theme, I saw my sister's theater's production of The Producers yesterday. A small theater, an ambitious production, largely a success.
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

just awake after a nioghtshift but in time for two movies on TV:

American Gangster
Murder at the Presidio

Both based on a true story; both handling about corruption in the police forces (one civil, one military).
First movie had giants Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe, while "Murder" had to do it with Lou Diamond Philips.
And that difference in quality was noticable.
Latter movie had a score by Roger Bellon that wasn't that bad.

Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A day without SST resulted in some videos to watch:

IN THE CUT An erotic thriller by Jane Campion (the Piano) with Meg Ryan and Mark Ruffalo. Was never released in the Netherlands but i've picked up the DVD in England.

A SERIOUS MAN: A dark comedy by the Coen Brothers about a jewish physics teacher who tries to be taken serious in his life for once. As his world falls in pieces around him his son has to do his bar mitswa.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN: The Oscar winning opus magnum of the Coen Brothers. A complaint against the ever increasing violence put in a roadmovie with starcast. Javier Bardem doing the mysterious killer, Tommy Lee Jones sheriff Bell.

RESTORATION: a beautifully designed production with Robert Downey jr. playing a doctor in 17th century London during the days of the plague and the Big Fire. His frivolous lifestyle attracts the King's attention who misuses his foolishness. When his wealth is taken away form him he finds his purpose in life again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 40 of 66

Jump to: