StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What did you just watch? with mini review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

Member#: 22196

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up :
VAN HELSING

on TV somewhere this week.
Mainly to listen to the score. I knew it was a ridiculed mixture of Frankenstein, Vampiremovies and Dracula. Funny and entertaining to watch sometimes as the special effect people really had a good day in making up funny things. Jackman portrays Van Helsing, a man(?) sent out by the Vatican with some modern tools to catch weird creatures (even Quasimodo is being killed by him)
Over the top, but entertaining. 6.0/10

take a look at my collection: My album list
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dutch, I agree on everything (except that wasn't Quasimodo, it was Mr. Hyde. Wrong era!). But how did you like the score?
Captain
Captain

Dutchbat is offline View user's profile Send private message View Dutchbat's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was kind of crossover figurine, He had a Hunchback and lived in Notre Dame but then again he was called Jekyll/Hyde in turns.
I loved the score, still looking for a bargain buy.
Probably will pick it up in Rotterdam next visit.

One of Silvestri's better scores IMHO.

USA SportsFan800
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 23771

SportsFan800 is offline View user's profile Send private message View SportsFan800's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

John Carter

Having not read any of the books, I came in not knowing what to expect but from the first teaser trailer that premiered last year, I was intrigued. This is Director Andrew Staton's first live action film, and did not disappoint. There was plenty of action to go around plus add in superb special effects and lavish costumes, this film was fun to watch. The strongest performance in my opinion was from Lynn Collins as Dejah who I have not been fimiliar with her other work, but in John Carter she is stunningly beautiful and invokes strong emotion as the Princess of Mars as well as her warrior aspects which I enjoyed.

Overall I was very pleased with the outcome and would surely pay admission for a second time. I think people are missing out on a great story in this sci-fi epic. Its really a shame that it didn't perform at the box office as I would have liked it to, but the blame can fall squarely on Disney for poor marketing management. They could have something special with this story if done properly. No doubt a sequel is in the works and I am definitely looking forward to seeing it as a continuation of which I hope will be a handful of follow-ups to this first film adaptation.
France anya
Commander
Commander

Member#: 13601

anya is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View anya's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
she is stunningly beautiful and invokes strong emotion as the Princess of Mars as well as her warrior aspects which I enjoyed.

So maybe I'll have to go watch JCM in the end !

LES INFIDELES
Jean Dujardin and Gilles Lelouche (and all the other actors) are having a lot of fun in those fun or sad short stories. Men infedility is portrayed in a realistic way as it protrays different kinds of infedility. And the ending..... just YAY LOL !!!! Laughing
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As part of my excursion to New York this weekend, I saw War Horse. The story, about a boy who follows his beloved horse into WWI and eventually finds him, is pure corn. But who's going for that? I went for the horses.

If you'd like to see what I mean, there are videos on the official website, but I recommend the embed below. The video is long, but worth it, I think. If you just want the horse, skip to about 9:00.

We had excellent seats, close enough to get farted on by one of the horses and be grateful they're puppets. I had such a great time. I'd probably go again, given the chance. But mostly for the horses.
France anya
Commander
Commander

Member#: 13601

anya is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View anya's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

HUNGER GAMES
I didn't hear of the books before the announce of the movie.
I loved the movie! Great acting and interesting universe, I really like the characters. I hope the sequel will be as good (it won't be the same director).
I've bought the trilogy books to learn more ^_^
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In the plane back to Europe I picked up:

MY WEEK WITH MARILYN:
The true story of a determined young man who persists in getting a job in the filmindustry.
He then comes to work with Marilyn Monroe and discovers the person behind the image.
Williams has some splendid scenes with a very resembling Monroe-portraying.
Monroe's theme written by Desplat, rest of the score by my FB-friend, Conrad Pope.

Germany ARny
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 32156

ARny is offline View user's profile Send private message View ARny's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Sky:
That was awesome. I almost died laughing. We even watched the credits roll. Go see it, seriously, it's great.
11/10
Btw, the soundtrack is epic Very Happy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A DANGEROUS METHOD

This is a movie about Freud (Viggo Mortenson), Jung (Michael Fassbender), and a former patient of Jung's, who became an analyst herself, Sabina Spielrein (Keira Knightley). I can see why some people found it boring. It's less a story than a bunch of stuff that happened. There are scenes that are so short, and not clearly relevant, especially in the beginning. I'm glad I saw it, I guess, but I have no need to see it again.
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 32214

SilverRaindrops is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SilverRaindrops's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
A DANGEROUS METHOD

This is a movie about Freud (Viggo Mortenson), Jung (Michael Fassbender), and a former patient of Jung's, who became an analyst herself, Sabina Spielrein (Keira Knightley). I can see why some people found it boring. It's less a story than a bunch of stuff that happened. There are scenes that are so short, and not clearly relevant, especially in the beginning. I'm glad I saw it, I guess, but I have no need to see it again.

LadyI, I watched it with my mum who is really interested in philosophy and psychology.
I thought it was interesting but felt - like you - that I don't really need to watch it again. She liked it a lot and apparently got a lot of references that I had no idea about. She kept pointing them out to me, but I haven't read as much as her on those subjects so I never knew.
I'm not sorry I don't like it as much though - if I didn't get it, it just wasn't for me Smile.
Germany SilverRaindrops
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 32214

SilverRaindrops is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View SilverRaindrops's Favorites
Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL

A movie about a group of elderly Brits who have decided to spend the "afternoon of their life" in a care home in India. The Hotel is in really bad shape, the young manager played by Dev Patel overenthusiastic, and the combination of the likes of Bill Nighy, Dame Maggie Smith, Dame Judi Dench and others in that kind of setting just leads to hilarious situations. It is funny and also a bit melancholic at times, but most of all it is hopeful and a real feel-good-movie if there ever was one Smile.
If you couldn't tell it from that, I'm in love with this movie Smile.
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

KUNG FU PANDA 2

A year ago, my husband and I made plans to see this movie as part of a staycation. Then the sitter sort of forgot she was supposed to show up, so we wound up eating take-out Chinese food and doing something else. Since I had a free rental at Redbox, we checked this out. I liked it. My husband liked it more. It's a sequel that didn't just do the original plot again, though I'm a little disappointed that Spoiler:
Po's father survived, but his mother seems to be wolf food. So many dead mothers in these stories; it's not fair.

ELIZABETH
I didn't mean to watch this again, but it was on last night and I just got sorta sucked in. Cate Blanchett plays the titular queen, surrounded by a cast of hey-it's-that-guy actors. You know it's a classy British production, because it contains guys who played Shakespeare, James Bond, and The Doctor. Kind of depressing, all the same. Lots of unpleasant death, and I just don't have the taste for that sort of thing anymore, if ever I did.
Netherlands Dutchbat
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a film on TV since long time:

LA NOCHE DE LOS GIRASOLES
A village in the outback of Spain hopes that the discovery of a cave will atract tourists. Two cave-explorers are called in but their girlfriend gets assaulted and raped. Then some parallel storylines are getting shook up.
Nice spanish movie which set you thinking and only then the underlaying political statement is getting clear. Original score is nice too, composed by Krishna Levy.

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LEGEND OF KORRA

This is a television show on Nickelodeon. It's a sorta sequel to their Avatar: The Last Airbender, set in the same universe but 70 or so years later. The basic conceit is that in this society, some people have the magical ability to control one of the 4 elements: earth, air, fire, and water. Only one person, the Slayer the Avatar, can control all 4. The avatar in this case is the titular teen girl.

I really, really like this show. It's got a little of everything. There are really great fight sequences, mystery, a little romance, professional sports, steampunk cities, female characters with interesting things to do, and a central plot about terrorism. The last two I wasn't expecting in a cartoon on Nickelodeon. The score is by The Track Team, and it's a little epic, a little playful, with a dose of 1920s jazz.

Seriously, this is a good show, and I really recommend it. As of this writing, you can watch all the episodes but the most recent at the Nickelodeon site. (People outside the US, this may not be true for you).
http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 47 of 66

Jump to: