StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Please consider adding Drew Neumann: The REAL Aeon Flux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Who's interested in adding the real Aeon Flux to the playlist?
Me!
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Not me!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:18 am   Post subject: Please consider adding Drew Neumann: The REAL Aeon Flux Reply with quote

Cover art:

I submit that Streaming Soundtracks should consider adding to its playlist the CD “Eye Spy: Ears Only Confidential,” by Drew Neumann. You have probably never heard of it. It’s out of print. So why do we care?

Because this is the music from the MTV animated series Aeon Flux. The one and only. The original. For legal reasons, the music could not be released under that title. But it was released.

I own this CD. I know I’m biased because I am a huge, if newly-minted, fan of Aeon Flux. But I think it would make a cool addition to the SST library. The composer, Drew Neumann, has scored other projects. The Wild Thornberries movie, for one. He’s not a nobody (though he is close). None of his scores are represented at SST.

The score is electronica, made on a Mac. The e-word may offend some people who prefer symphonic scores, but electronica is represented here on SST, in game and movie soundtracks alike. And with Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Series out on DVD last year, and the (totally unrelated, but watchable) movie out now, awareness is as high as it ever will be.

I said above the CD is out of print. But it is available, if you know where to look.

The CD is available on iTunes. I know that this does not give one the best audio quality, but it is convenient. Especially since there are then easy sound samples for each track Here is the link:
iTunes

UPDATED: I forgot that you can listen to one track free here:
http://www.tonecasualties.com/mp3/dn.mp3
This link is from the record and label and is legal. But it might disappear soon, as the label is kaput.

Since it is out of print, Amazon only sells it used. At the moment, it is very reasonable. And you can read some reviews here!
Amazon.com

Tower Records has the CD, they say, in limited quantities. Here is that info:
TowerRecords.com

As the final part of my pitch: since it is nearly time for my annual donation to SST, I may be willing to pick this up, if JERIC is interested. But that is between him and me, and he knows my email address, or at least, can look it up.

Thanks for listening, citizens!

Last edited by LadyInque on Sun May 07, 2006 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aeon Flux was awesome. Funky music iirc
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet nice post!
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Smile

Peter Chung has a very strong and original style (which I personally don't like that much but that's another story) so I'd be glad to hear the music from his series!
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect the enthusiam fans of the show must have for this music, but having listened to the clips on iTunes, I find this music to be kind of corny. To me, it sounds like something someone would do at home with a MIDI keyboard and a computer. (Surprise, that's exactly what Neumann did!). Rolling Eyes

Of course, I tend to cringe whenever some MIDI-sounding video game cue comes up to be played. I have no problem with electronica in general, so long as its done well. This to me is just drivel. Sorry, Lady, and anyone else who likes it. Neutral
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Luther, don't apologise. I tend to be very enthusiastic when I'm into something. I appreciate that you took the time to listen to the samples and made an informed opinion, which you expressed elegantly and politely.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else wanna weigh in?
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was kind of split by this. I listened to the samples on iTunes and a lot of them I liked (Intro, Monican Jam, Train Cars) but I wasn't sure about the rest without hearing the full tracks. But that's one of the many reasons I listen to SST: to hear and appreciate new music - so: bring it on!

By the way, I love the way iTunes had classified the music to Eye Spy - Jazz.

Some people just don't get it.... Rolling Eyes
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's not so much that they didn't get it. Though usually the iTunes categories, aside from being pointless, often make me laugh. They put Forever Plaid - a musical about 4-part 50s harmony - with Electronica/Dance.

This was never explicitly marketed as the Aeon Flux soundtrack, because MTV wouldn't let them. That's why the drawing on the cover, while by AF-creator Peter Chung, looks nothing like Aeon. So iTunes probably doesn't know the story behind this particular music.

Personally, I think this music is best appreciated in short tracks. Unless you're a die-hard fan, and even then, the really long tracks are hard to stay interested in. So even if this were added, I wouldn't mind not adding the tracks that are longer than 3 minutes.

Actually, if you want to hear 1 full track for free, you can. There is an mp3 here:
http://www.tonecasualties.com/mp3/dn.mp3

Now, this is a direct link from the music label itself. So it should be legit and 100% legal, for those of you worried about such things. The track in question is "Ultimate AF."

Thanks for all who have voted!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: