StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

aacPlus Streaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:40 pm   Post subject: No tunes. Reply with quote

Jeric,
My school district's firewalls are so thick iTunes cannot come through. I was using Real One and that was perfect. Now it is not one of the choices.
Any clues what to do?
Just tried 365 and no go. Also pulled up iTunes, nothing.
Thanks for the time.
Cinder
Cadet 1

Member#: 12710

spittbul is offline View user's profile Send private message spittbul's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using real player because it would record about an hour of what was listening, so i coiuld go back and listen a track again. Does this mean i can't do that anymore? And i have to download yet another player? I don't think i like this change, the sound was great already.

respects
USA tbonemain
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13483

tbonemain is offline View user's profile Send private message tbonemain's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:52 pm   Post subject: Change in Streaming..:( Reply with quote

I have to admit, the quality is better, but with that quality change, my limited player option on my office machine (which is the one I use 99% of the time for SST) only has iTunes. I used to stream directly from SST to the iTunes player, and the music aligned with the music cue online. Now, being forced to stream though live 365, I get advertisements that change the que times as well as interrupts the stream. I am very unhappy with this part of the change. I also had a link on my desktop that opened the stream, and now I have to navigate though 2 websites to get my stream.
I will continue to support and listen to the station, but just wanted share my unhappiness and to voice my two cents on the issue.

Tbonemain
SST fan and avid Listener.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and for those of you who can't make chages to work machines, check out:

http://portableapps.com/apps/audio_video/media_players/portable_vlc

I don't know how it works with SST. If you try it let us know how it works.

jeff
sdg
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Are VLC and iTunes then the only options for Mac? Because I'm not inspired by either of them, at the moment.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help you with Mac. I'm strictly Linux here. I did find this one day though:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=windowsmedia

It may me more "For entertainment purposes only" than a useful application, though.

jeff
sdg
USA tbonemain
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13483

tbonemain is offline View user's profile Send private message tbonemain's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2- None of the options you have offered will allow for compensation to the current iTunes problem, namely that it dosent work from SST.
your WMP add-on does not have a radio option, now will SSTs link connect to the player. Thanks for the help though.

tbonemain
Cadet 1

Member#: 13949

xiangmei is offline View user's profile Send private message xiangmei's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My co-worker and I are listening to SST here at work through iTunes. The information for the currently playing track doesn't show up anymore. Are we not able to view this information other than on the website?

Thanks for the help.
limeychick
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13685

limeychick is offline View user's profile Send private message limeychick's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Intel-based Mac Mini, so I'm pretty much screwed for options. Not even the OS X versions of WinAmp or Windows Media work with my computer (yet). Stuck with iTunes I guess.

Going back to my original gripe... would it ever be possible for SST to have a refreshing web page (like the "Now Playing" frame) that displayed the track name and time left in really huge-@ss letters, so you could see it across the room? That would be SO cool. (That's why I use FrontRow! But if SST did it, I wouldn't need to...)
USA sunshinegirl
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11852

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get it thru itunes and windows media is telling me there is a url error and it won't play it
I have downloaded the latest version curtesy of a link in an earlier post, but still not luck
adrianll
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1110

adrianll is offline View user's profile Send private message adrianll's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just installed the Media Player plug-in using the link on Jeric's original post and it nearly locked up my pc (after giving me about 3 seconds of sound). Sad How do I uninstall the plug-in? Any other ideas on how I can get back to my preferred listening mode (Windows Media Player)?
munehiro
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 13895

munehiro is offline View user's profile Send private message munehiro's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

remember to have the latest 0.8.5 vlc if you plan to use it.
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

adrianll wrote:
I just installed the Media Player plug-in using the link on Jeric's original post and it nearly locked up my pc (after giving me about 3 seconds of sound). Sad How do I uninstall the plug-in? Any other ideas on how I can get back to my preferred listening mode (Windows Media Player)?

Did you reboot after installing it?

You can remove the plugin looking for "Orban" in add/remove programs or in Start > Programs

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no trouble at work listening through L365, but at home I usually use WMP. I downloaded the plugin, rebooted my PC and the window will pop up and say that it is playing, but I have no sound. I've checked my volume levels and they are working just fine. Any suggestions??

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Asriana wrote:
I had no trouble at work listening through L365, but at home I usually use WMP. I downloaded the plugin, rebooted my PC and the window will pop up and say that it is playing, but I have no sound. I've checked my volume levels and they are working just fine. Any suggestions??

Only one I have now is to make sure you have the latest WMP. I didn't see that Orban mentioned compatibility of versions.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: