StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

aacPlus Streaming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:28 pm   Post subject: Thank you.... Reply with quote

I will have to wait to get to work to try out suggestions to recieve SST on the Mac, but thanks for the new window arrangement! I could not use any program to remove the flashing, blinkin' ads!! the new look of telling what is playing, length of que etc. is great! Old Dragon did trip coming in but he will heal!
thanks big time!
Ensign

Member#: 14314

paulw is offline View user's profile Send private message paulw's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:
I don't know if it's at my end or something other people have found but since the changes I can't listen to SST on WMP, Real or Live365 anymore. I'll keep trying.

Yep.. I just get silence now.. Not impressed..

Paul W
Rhubarb_Runner
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10518

Rhubarb_Runner is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Rhubarb_Runner's Favorites are Private
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for progress, and I know that we're working towards improved sound...

...that said, I don't have ability to install anything on my work PC, so good ol' Live365 will have to do there.

Home PC sputters and stumbles badly with either 64k or 32K accPlus on WMP, and running Ogg through WMP works for one song, then no more stream.

Hope people don't get too frustrated while things get ironed out.
paulw
Ensign
Ensign

paulw is offline View user's profile Send private message paulw's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK download the aac plugin and rebooted. the only one that worked is the 64K aacplus Windoz media player plug in.

The sound is definatly improved over the itunes method that I was using.. though itunes was very convenient way to lsten to it..

Paul W
paulw
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

paulw wrote:
OK download the aac plugin and rebooted. the only one that worked is the 64K aacplus Windoz media player plug in.

The sound is definatly improved over the itunes method that I was using.. though itunes was very convenient way to lsten to it..

I was a bit premature with my praise for Windoz media player. It froze after about 10 minutes and ran the CPU at 100% every time. Downloaded Winamp from the link and it has been running perfectly for the past 20 minuts..

Paul W
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeric,

Just downloaded for first time, rebooted, and this is what I get.

WMP will not play sound from your stream, says there is an error downloading the codec. I do see the visual stuff, who's playing, que length, etc. WMP will play sound on the other aacplus radio stations the orban website offers, so the plugin does work on my end.

Itunes and 365 work fine.
adrianll
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 1110

adrianll is offline View user's profile Send private message adrianll's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Yesterday WMP played fine -- after I rebooted after installing Orban as you requested. Today WMP gives "Error in downloading codec" when I try to listen to SST using it. If I continue, WMP claims to be playing SST but there is no sound. I've uninstalled Orban, re-installed it, and,yes, rebooted and still the same results. I'm running the lastest version of WMP according to the Help > Check for updates option of WMP. I really prefer to use WMP to L365 -- better sound quality and no commercial interruptions to the SST stream. Any more ideas?

BTW: Orban appears to remove/override/disable all the visualization effects I'd installed in WMP. That is a serious violation of the "gentleman's agreement" that one plug-in would not interfere unnecessarily with other pre-existing plug-ins.
UK Mroche70
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12437

Mroche70 is offline View user's profile Send private message Mroche70's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:47 pm   Post subject: Streaming has been converted to aacPlus..... Reply with quote

I downloaded the Windows Media Player 10 Series and also the WMP Plugin, as soon as i started streaming i could tell the difference in the music quality straight away, it sounds amazing, i didn't think SST could get any better, well it just did.....
JJ2005
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9724

JJ2005 is offline View user's profile Send private message JJ2005's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I had been listening through Real Player, b/c the company is fine with this player. I tried using Windows Media Player with the plug-in, but it completely froze my computer after 10 minutes. I did do a reboot, but I had to remove the plug-in b/c of the problems with freezing.

I think the music sounded better, but unfortunatly I can't listen to it at work anymore. Is it possible to get Real Player or have the old verion back? I would rather listen to something than nothing at all.

Otherwise, I like how you guys have improved the site.
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
I've listened with iTunes from day 1, and I've never been bothered by the sound quality. So actually, I didn't believe Jeric when he said iTunes will have poor quality. Confused But then I checked my player, and sure enough: 22 kHz! Sad Embarassed

I guess the reason I never noticed is because I always listen at work with cruddy old multimedia speakers and the volume turned way down. Maybe I should bring my headphones from home and try WMP...... Wink

So I did just that... I downloaded the WMP plugin, grabbed some headphones, and did a one-on-one comparison with the iTunes 22 kHz stream. And...

HOLY CR@P!! Shocked Big difference. I think I'm going to switch to this method, even though iTunes is more convenient for me.
dalandis
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 11:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized that as a VIP... I could download and use Radio365 for free... and WOW... the quality of the scream is much better now (I had always been listening through iTunes Radio in the past).

But I do know that one of my friends who had to use Real Player is having a devil of a time getting something to work.

dalandis
spittbul
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 12710

spittbul is offline View user's profile Send private message spittbul's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this site, but please let me listen in real one player. The sound was great, no bufering, and i could go back and listen the tracks again. Please don't ignore this request of mine.

great respects
Zoidburg
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1448

Zoidburg is offline View user's profile Send private message Zoidburg's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently listening with foobar2000 0.9.1 and the sound is great. No problems at all so far. Worth trying out for those out there whom haven't yet. With some time and patience you can make it do anything you want pretty much, and look any way you want too. With the latest version that came out recently I've actually switched to using it as my sole audio application for everything. So not just for listening, but for stuff like tagging and converting as well which I used to use several other apps for. Windows only though. Sorry Mac and Linux folks. And Kudos to everyone that made this move to AACplus possible. I think I was one of the first people to ask for it, so if you want to throw rocks and stuff at someone, throw them at me lol. Wink
Zoidburg
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 1448

Zoidburg is offline View user's profile Send private message Zoidburg's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed the Orban aacPlus plugin (filename: setup_AAC_aacPlus_plugin_1_0_19.exe) to test out how well it works with Windows Media Player 10 on my system, since others are having troubles. After installation I rebooted my PC. Then I went into my internet options and added streamingsoundtracks.com to the trusted sites list (under the security tab), and to both the popup and cookie areas as trusted (under the privacy tab). I did this because I normally have Internet Explorer completely clamped down security-wise, since I use Firefox for all my surfing needs instead. IEXPLORE.EXE is at version 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp.060315.-1524 for what it's worth, all up to date under Windows XP Pro SP2 via auto updates from Microsoft. My installation is actually based around the update pack available from this site, including the WMP10 addon available there. My last fresh install was a little over a month ago. Experiencing zero problems so far and the aacPlus stream sounds quite good. Much better than mp3Pro IMHO. Hope this info helps.
JoltinJoe
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 770

JoltinJoe is offline View user's profile Send private message JoltinJoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

aacPlus at work gives no sound through Windows Media Player. My only choices here are WMP or Real Player. Security blocks all other options.

WMP will display the SST "Now Playing" stuff and the play timer will run, but no sound comes through. I tried making sure WMP is up to date, rebooting, uninstalling Orban, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting. No help.

I wish Orban dumped a log somewhere.

Is there no chance that the Real Player stream will return?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: