StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Super-Large Track Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
limeychick
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 13685

limeychick is offline View user's profile Send private message limeychick's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:38 pm   Post subject: Super-Large Track Display Reply with quote

I mentioned this on the AACPlus thread, but thought I would post it here as well (where it really belongs).

Like everyone else, I love the "Now Playing" screen. I'm wondering if it would be possible to have a special page that displayed only the "Now Playing" information, but in really, really large letters. I like to listen to SST when I'm not right at my computer, and having the track info displayed in very large letters would be awesome (filling nearly the whole screen), because you could see it across the room.

You can do a quick and dirty (but ugly) version of this simply by opening the "Now Playing" frame and displaying it on your browser by bumping your text size up really large... but it's not pretty and the formatting can be weird.

How about a real SST version of this (light letters on dark screen would be great). Surely it wouldn't be technically difficult to do?
UK mellowman
Captain
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea... would you be able to make it into a screen saver? So that if you were away from you screen a certain length of time without switching it on, it would just appear?

That's me, no technical know how!
limeychick
Ensign
Ensign

limeychick is offline View user's profile Send private message limeychick's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't thinking of a screen saver - just an ordinary web page you could access. (Or rather, web pages - you could be redirected automatically to the correct page for your monitor's resolution - there are ways you can write code to do this).

Having the CD artwork also large would be nice, but that might be beyond what SST can do (their CD art is a certain size).
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A special webpage could be cool... but there are also alternatives:

The Opera browser can do that natively -- just press + and you'll zoom the page. I usually do that when I'm at home.

You can also use the Firefox browser. I know there is a Zoom extension that is equivalent to the Opera one.

I can even zoom the chat window... Cool Smile
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This shouldn't be too hard to do. I plan on reworking SST-Lite and building a HTML player so this is something I could do around the same time.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
limeychick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am zooming the page already, but it's uuuuugly.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
This shouldn't be too hard to do. I plan on reworking SST-Lite and building a HTML player so this is something I could do around the same time.

Wow, that's great news JERIC! I'm just thinking aloud, but would it be technically possible to have a flash embedded player or something?

limeychick wrote:
I am zooming the page already, but it's uuuuugly.

Ok, I won't insist then Very Happy
limeychick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're dreaming... it would be great if there were small info capsules about the composers or scores that could also be displayed in a player. (as opposed to just the CD cover)
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something could be done via RSS for the screensaver. I don't know enough about RSS to know if you could do it without generating a lot more traffic or how well it would sync with the stream. The screensaver exists

http://www.nuparadigm.com/Products/Toys/RssScreensaver/

so JERIC would have to research the RSS feed stuff (or get one of his admins or mods to do it).

jeff
sdg
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I want something like that (now playing all by itself on the screen), I just open that frame into a new window. Firefox allows for that, but IE doesn't. And for zooming... there must be a Firefox extension for that somewhere.

Awesome news, JERIC!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for a web player.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: