StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Remove: 32 min track from Fire Water Paper: A Vietnam Orator
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic 

cut or delete Fire Water Paper: A Vietnam Oratorio - Part I: Offertorium
cut it for all fans of the track
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
delete the track
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
let it be 32 min
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
don´t know
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 26

Germany payableondeath
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12372

payableondeath is offline View user's profile Send private message View payableondeath's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:32 am   Post subject: Remove: 32 min track from Fire Water Paper: A Vietnam Orator Reply with quote

so we all have an tracks we dont like...
and we all have a tracks we think they to long for queue...

so today is an day i will start this topic because it is an long and boring track in queue and many of the listeners dont like him also...
(and the sh** is when the guy/girl is not there to listen his/her chosen 32 min track, like today...)

so i start with this 32 min track from Fire Water Paper: A Vietnam Oratorio - Part I: Offertorium

please take this track out....
who has the same position like me or is not for my position, or you have an other long/boring track you dont want to hear... please write your position in this topic...

but please not like this: "dont like spirit because its bryan adams..."
i dont like this also Razz but 4 min mute are better than leave SST for an half hour

cya P.O.D.

Last edited by payableondeath on Wed May 03, 2006 8:07 am; edited 2 times in total
WYSIWYG
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 62

WYSIWYG is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website WYSIWYG's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto that

I adore goldenthals alien 3, final fantasy spirits and interview W A V scores but Fire Water Paper: A Vietnam Oratorio - Part I: Offertorium is a terribly long and tedious score Sad
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to agree. However, there are long pieces I like that might also fall into this category. I would prefer to see such songs limited in their frequency of availablility than removed completely.

Being a listener of SST I have to expect that to be able to request songs I like, I have to and must be able to accept the tastes of others as well. In fact, I would prefer it that way. I have been introduced to some great music through this wonderful station.

However, I agree that it is completely inappropriate for someone to request a long bit and then not be here to listen to it. The Request Netique is not being paid attention to if there are no consequences.

(Before action or reaction should take place, my sister, Deejer, is a work listener to SST. She makes requests, but when she has to go to her company network, she is signed out of SST website. She listens the whole time on iTunes. Perhaps we are pre-judging the requester.)

Last edited by lastdomino on Tue May 02, 2006 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
UK Montybank
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 5290

Montybank is offline View user's profile Send private message Montybank's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

POD has it in one here...

While I'd love to trash several Bryan Adams tracks, I think that enough people enjoy them for the 3-5 mins they're on for me to just mute and get on with it.

But 32 minutes... now that's taking the mick. While it might not be my favourite track, it's mostly the fact that it's 32 minutes, and since I have such a short attention span as it is--ooooo look, shiny shiny....

M
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

* Moved from Soundtracks to Playlist*
* Renamed topic with appropriate title*

I will see if this track can be split into several tracks. Please continue to discuss.

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that these longer selections need to be limited to play only when the que is below a certain time limit. Is this possible? There are lots of longer selections I dont like but again you hit the mute. But if it is a long time I am apt to put a cd in and then not switch back. *bows humblely to the sst gods. it is very rare hardly ever happens Smile*

rebecca
Captain

Member#: 2939

mellowman is offline View user's profile Send private message View mellowman's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hard. As with all the longer tracks if it's something that you love and it's there in the playlist then it should be played. But the sheer length of a selection like that could literally cause offence!

If it can be split somehow then I guess that would be better in terms of listening time - but doesn't that mean the track isn't heard the way it was meant? It's a bit like breaking up the Battle of Yavin sequence into three at the end of Star Wars - it would lose meaning and momentum, in my opinion.

I guess my gut reaction is I'd rather not hear the whole track - if I'm here for 45 minutes at lunch I'd rather hear 7 or 8 tracks than just 1.

Also, I kind of get the feeling POD wanted this thread to bring up other tracks that are "too long" for the playlist (correct me if I'm mistaken, POD).
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember which album it is, but there is a soundtrack that has only 2 songs. Both are long (23 - 32 min long). Unless they can be broken up into smaller bits, it would mean the loss of an entire soundtrack that someone might like.

There are valid points to elimination but also to trying to be respectful of others when making a selection.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12750

Diane26 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diane26's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was first given this cd as a present I hated it, but then I realized it has many many virtues, it's heartfelt, with a virtuoso performance but admittedly difficult. Now I regard it as completely magnificent.

I still don't get why this cd is here, though, other than the fact that it's a Goldenthal, and the same goes for many other cds that aren't soundtracks, but it's not like Im complaining.

I do understand the fact that it doesnt work in a site that tries to enqueue many different styles of music, but now that its here, well the more the better. I find it a wonderful work, deserving of being listened to. it IS a demanding work, and of course not meant to work in an easy-listening jukebox. So what if its 30 min. long? I dont think breaking it into pieces is a solution either, in my eyes thats just disrespectful to a composer. Cant you just listen to the piece and appreciate how many wonderful moments it has?

im not even going to discuss the "its long & boring" thing, thats just puerile and dumb.

I say, keep it and try to find its virtues; if you dont like it, then hit the mute button and let the rest of us enjoy this wonderful, complex work.
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Wow, I'm gone for two weeks and my favorite work of Goldenthal is being cut from the playlist. Well done people!!! Well done indeed. It is true, that this is not a soundtrack, rather only Goldenthal's finest work presented here. Yes I can see that it could become a bit...tedious. But we do not need to go back to our muddle-headed ways of removing tracks from the playlist.

It can be broken down. The first track of Offertorium Part one will play though the first Eleven minutes and twenty-nine seconds 11:29. The second track, which starts Yo-Yo Ma's Cello solo will last the next Four minutes and Twenty-Five seconds 4:25. And the third track shall last the rest of Part one, which should be around Seventeen minutes (third track starting at exactly Sixteen minutes into Part one.) You may want to check the math, I did it all from...thought. Anyways, there are focal splits where these listed times end. Well, there it is.

France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I also vote: let's keep it!

However, I understand POD (and other morning listeners) point of view. It's a pity that such tracks can be played with only provocation in mind!
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to actually hear this particular piece, but the length of it does seem to be a bit much. I would hate to see someone who doesn't observe the Request Netiquette put a 32 minute song into a 3 hour queue. JERIC, if you can section it up that would be awesome! Very Happy
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lastdomino wrote:
I don't remember which album it is, but there is a soundtrack that has only 2 songs. Both are long (23 - 32 min long).

The Wild Duck & Frog Dreaming

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Belgium Irulan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 13572

Irulan is offline View user's profile Send private message View Irulan's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is an stupid idea but if there would be some form to annul requests if the one that has requested leaves, this would not solve the problem of the long tracks, but it would avoid the bad intentions at least.

For example, if I request a song and I leave, my request automatically would be eliminated.At least, when somebody requests long tracks or "little popular", that is because wants to listen to it.

I dunno if it´s tecnically possible or not, it´s only an idea (and probably not very well expressed, but... Smile )
Lieutenant

Member#: 12372

payableondeath is offline View user's profile Send private message View payableondeath's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mellowman wrote:

Also, I kind of get the feeling POD wanted this thread to bring up other tracks that are "too long" for the playlist (correct me if I'm mistaken, POD).

yes right mellow (discuss we like it? maybe cut it?) and that this goldenthal track, cut in several tracks or cleared from the playlist...
but jeric renamed the topic with appropriate title.... Mad Evil or Very Mad

but nice to see that this go with cut we should make this with "alabama - crimson tide" Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: