StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

What was your first soundtrack? (continued)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nephilim
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 14738

Nephilim is offline View user's profile Send private message Nephilim's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SST ! well, i guess my first soundtrack was a gift : the Big Blue by Eric Serra
Canada lmarrese VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6193

lmarrese is offline View user's profile Send private message View lmarrese's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack(s) I believe was a set of LP's for Disney movies when I was a kid. I think it contained LP for 6-7 movies. Loved it! Played it over and over again.
getinthegate
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 14411

getinthegate is offline View user's profile Send private message getinthegate's Favorites are Private
AIM Address MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack was the Star Wars Anthology four cd set. I played it over and over. I eventually vowed to only buy soundtracks. Now it is over a decade later and I still do not own a cd that is not a soundtrack.
HeathenMaiden
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 15008

HeathenMaiden is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website HeathenMaiden's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first soundtrack I ever bought was "The Secret Garden" (1993) back in 1996. In fact, the movie itself got me into scores in the first place (that's the first time I really started paying attention to the score). Nowadays, the score is usually the first thing I pay attention to when watching a new film, hehe.
elefant
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 11682

elefant is offline View user's profile Send private message elefant's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack I bought was Gladiator. With this Score I realized that there is another type of music which is better than rock, metal or pop.
Since then nearly all CDs I bought has been Scores...
Cyrano
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 15086

Cyrano is offline View user's profile Send private message Cyrano's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's my first post, and maybe the best way to begin is by saying what was my first soundtrack.

And actually I would say that the first soundtrack I bought and owned was Edward Scissorhands. A nice beggining, isn't it?

But before that, I already knew another soundracks like Braveheart or The Lost of the Mohicans, very popular scores.
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I recently just discovered that a music box I loved to play with at my grandmothers house when I was very young was Lara's Theme from Dr. Zhivago (Maurice Jarre). This is pretty cool for me cause my grandmother just recently passed away and I was very close to her. So it would appear that I was a fan of film scores much sooner than even I was aware of.
Cadet 2

Member#: 9054

ulysse31 is offline View user's profile Send private message ulysse31's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack was ET by John Williams on a cassette. I was 10 or something like that and I loved it!
Chris
USA supercarol
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all three original Star Wars scores at the same time. It was one of those "get 12 free cds right now, buy 6 within two years" type of things. I mostly just got them because I needed more cds, but they got me hooked. Very Happy I bought Superman soon after. Wink
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11329

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message dr_schizo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

John williams'"Close Encounter of the third kind" on LP, when i was a kid. I liked the music very much so my dad recorded on audio tape (do you remember what is it?!) that way i can listening it at any time on my huge 80's walkman. I remembered how i like to be scared with one of the track of the album including weird dissonant choirs... Smile

Last edited by dr_schizo on Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Well I recently just discovered that a music box I loved to play with at my grandmothers house when I was very young was Lara's Theme from Dr. Zhivago (Maurice Jarre). This is pretty cool for me cause my grandmother just recently passed away and I was very close to her. So it would appear that I was a fan of film scores much sooner than even I was aware of.

That's awesome Bro, thanks for sharing that story. It's funny how music can be so closley interwoven with other parts of our lives, and how we sometimes don't realize it. You've been a soundtrack fan for a long time then! greatness
USA Jade_Kadir
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12707

Jade_Kadir is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Jade_Kadir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first one I remeber buying was for "The Little Mermaid" on cassette tape. Like so many of us I think Disney was a logical first purchase.
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 15371

naught_but_wyn is offline View user's profile Send private message naught_but_wyn's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first I remember listening to is my brother's X-Files collection, and up till a couple years ago everything was my bro's. =p

The first I actually "bought" was Braveheart, but that was for my brother. Subsequent soundtracks, for reasons unknown never seem to be for my own use. The first that I bought and continually owned is Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. My bro bought the first one.

~ Mark Twain on "honesty"
whyobay
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 16166

whyobay is offline View user's profile Send private message whyobay's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:10 am   Post subject: soundtrack of youth Reply with quote

Outside of the inevitable Walt Disney albums of various classics, the ones that stand out are Born Free and also John Barry's Greatest Hits album, on Columbia....my father played them for my siblings and me when we visited him on Sundays, and those sounds will always evoke ancient emotions for me, and I daresay for my brothers and sister.
BYUTenderHeart
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 15772

BYUTenderHeart is offline View user's profile Send private message View BYUTenderHeart's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My first soundtrack was Disney's "Beauty and the Beast." Incidentally it was also my first CD to coincide with my first CD player for Christmas many years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: