StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Introduction of a Marketplace?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:35 pm   Post subject: Introduction of a Marketplace? Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this for some time now and thought I would finally present my idea in the forums. This idea is more directly aimed at Jeric, but it might be good to get everyones input also.

I thought that the introduction of a "Marketplace" into the forums might be a good idea.

I think this would make some rarer scores and import scores potentially more accessible for people in this community. I hate to speak for everyone, but I would imagine that in general a majority of the participants at this site are interested in the music, not the money making business involving film scores (for example many sellers on ebay or amazon). That being said, there are many scores out there that are rare and fetch some crazy sums of money which have some wonderful music. I personally would be more willing to part with a CD that I do not particularly care for if I knew it was going to someone who would be enjoying the music and not the money making potential.

Now, I am not trying to suggest that you should not get fair value, but I think that some of the stuff that sells at ebay are exorbitant and to an extent cost prohibitive for those mostly concerned with hearing the music. Therefore, I think a 'Marketplace' would be helpful in facilitating all things associated with the buying, selling and exchanging of music (for example the 'Trading Post' over at Film Score Monthly). They have rules in place and it appears to function well to its purpose.

I know that there would need to be certain rules and it would take more time from the moderators, but I think this is a community that could handle this type of thing. Obviously this is just an idea I had and I thought it would be advantageous for such a community, but of course Jeric has the last say and I am curious to hear his comments. Thank you in advance for any contribution to this idea and Jeric thank you for your consideration.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, nate.

I've always thought that SST was a great example of what the internet does really well: catering to a niche market and turning it into a community forged by a common ideal. In the case of SST, that ideal is to share the music we love, and I think nate's idea will further facilitate this.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12608

Darth-bobba is offline View user's profile Send private message View Darth-bobba's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Shocked Cool I like this Idea allot. Maybe it could cater to VIPs only. Thus encouraging people to purchase a membership to participate in the online swap meet. The possibilities with this idea could be huge for the site. Very Happy
Germany payableondeath
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12372

payableondeath is offline View user's profile Send private message View payableondeath's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it an great idea nate....

but

Darth-bobba wrote:
Surprised Shocked Cool I like this Idea allot. Maybe it could cater to VIPs only. Thus encouraging people to purchase a membership to participate in the online swap meet. The possibilities with this idea could be huge for the site. Very Happy

darth and what is with the SST-lovers they don´t want to get an membership because they are not so often here or its to much money..???

PS: hope you understand it now... thats the words i have search Razz Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: