StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

I just want to hear the song.......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
still-waiting
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 11905

still-waiting is offline View user's profile Send private message still-waiting's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:28 pm   Post subject: I just want to hear the song....... Reply with quote

Okay, I just want to see if this has happened to anyone else. I hear a song on the local classical radio and think "hey, I could swear I have heard that in a movie and it is really cool." So I go search SST. Sure enough Adaggio for Strings in Platoon. Oh, but look, not requestable for another 7 days. Bummer. *waits 7 days* *not home when requestable again and it is requested right off the bat*. Thats okay, I'm patient. *waits another eight days and doesn't get up to alarm clock because got home late* Oh no! Someone on the east coast requested it and it just played 3 songs ago! grrr.(no hard feelings) Okay, I'm still patient. *Wait another 8 days.* But I'm gone on day eight. Figure it just wasn't meant to be. Check it on day 9. YES! I'm good to go. *Request song* 1:23min. to go and I will have satisfaction... T - 4min. Internet goes down. oh no! watch winAmp anxiously..."buffering 0%"... T +10min. Internet comes back up. MISSED THE SONG BY 5 MINUTES!!!!!!!!!

100% True Story.

Someone tell me that I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Still-waiting
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear about your tale of woe. Of course there is a solution....buy the CD yourself. I know, it's a crazy idea. Just make sure to use the amazon link from SST so the site gets a little $$ and can continue drive you crazy by teasing you with another track.

Wink

jeff
sdg
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, did you ever pick the right nickname!
still-waiting
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

still-waiting is offline View user's profile Send private message still-waiting's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very logical idea jeff. Problem is I am just a poor webdeveloper saving his pennies for a bigger monitor while anxiously perceiving his eyesight is degrading fast looking at a 15inch screen with 1600x1200 pixels crammed into it. Oh well, anyone know anybody that needs a fledgling Coldfusion programmer/web designer?

still-waiting
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you knew this, but Adagio for Strings is also on the Homeworld soundtrack, Platoon Soundtrack & Samual Barber/Thomas Shippers Soundtracks. Hope that helps a bit Smile

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Asri. You took the words right out of my mouth. (One of us wasn't wearing our tf hat Wink )

And soon there will be another: a 5:52 version performed by the LSO on the CD of John Morris' Elephant Man. It won't be in this next update though.
still-waiting
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Samual Barber 3 Days 2 Hours
Homeworld 5 Days 17 Hours
Elephant Man ETA unknown

Thanks for the tip Asriana. Now I don't have to wait as long. Unless of course someone beats me to it, again. Razz

Still-waiting
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Still-waiting!! Smile

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:35 pm   Post subject: Strings for many reasons. Reply with quote

Twopop wrote:
T

And soon there will be another: a 5:52 version performed by the LSO on the CD of John Morris' Elephant Man. It won't be in this next update though.

yahoooooo I did not know the Strings were in so many places... I only thought it was for the poor Elephant Man as he dies a happy fella..sad but true!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11852

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Waiting - I love you sense of humor about this!
Thanks for making me smile! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: