StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Official Doctor Who Fan Club Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Who is the best Doctor?
William Hartnell (1963-1966)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Patrick Troughton (1966-1969)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jon Pertwee (1970-1974)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Tom Baker (1974-1981)
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Peter Davison (1981-1984)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Colin Baker (1984-1986)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Sylvester McCoy (1987-1989)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Paul McGann (1996)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Christopher Eccleston (2005)
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
David Tennant (2005-2010)
39%
 39%  [ 18 ]
Matt Smith (2010-2013)
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Peter Capaldi (2013-?)*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 46

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
Nate will be doubly happy. Serenity won the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form. Congrats to Joss Whedon!

This is great news Snow! I am so glad to hear that Serenity continues to get recognition just so that it can be rubbed in and FOX can continue to feel like idiots for cancelling the show.

Maybe this award will help garner even more recognition so that more people can discover the greatness of Firefly and Serenity.

It is also great to hear that Dr. Who won some awards. I LOVE the resonating concrete episode, great lines and just a lot of fun to watch. This is another show I really got hooked on and I am not one to follow too many shows.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched The Impossible Planet episode. I loved it. Mr. Green Can't wait for Part 2 next week.
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 6272

Nenya18 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Nenya18's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Snow thanks for the update! Did you notice that Gabriel Woolf did the voice of "the beast"? He also was Sutekh in the old Tom Baker episode "Pyramids of Mars".
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nenya18 wrote:
Did you notice that Gabriel Woolf did the voice of "the beast"? He also was Sutekh in the old Tom Baker episode "Pyramids of Mars".

No, I didn't. Thanks for the info, Nen. That is so cool.
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched The Satan Pit yesterday. Awesome! Dark and exciting and scary and the most visually impressive Doctor Who episode I think I have ever seen. It was almost cinematic. The appearance of the Beast was staggeringly good. The best episode (so far) of Season 2 IMO.
Lieutenant

aw

Nenya18 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Nenya18's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys seen this?
I don’t know about any of you but spin offs just don’t work for me. They already tried this! Remember K-9 and Company with Sarah Jane Smith? As much as I love Sarah I have my doubts about this show. …. Oh I’ll still watch it Razz but I’m very skeptical of it. What do you guys think?
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nenya18 wrote:
What do you guys think?

Not much. The Sarah Jane Adventures may work as a children's series, but I always think taking a supporting character and giving it a show of it's own is risky. Her appeal came from being the second banana to the Doctor. I'm not sure that Sarah Jane was that interesting a character to have a new show built around her.

Just saw Love & Monsters. Or as one witty reviewer called it, Doctor Where. I fully expected to hate this episode but by the end I felt quite the opposite. It was certainly different, but also well-structured and funny. It has some similarities to the Girl In The Fireplace plot, except it is told from the human (Elton's) point of view. Another bonus is the inclusion of music by ELO, my favourite band. Love the songs Mr. Blue Sky and Turn To Stone. This was the sugar that made the episode so sweet.
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Love and Monsters was excellent as well.

I am fine with spin-offs as long as they are good Smile

I will be watching as long as someone broadcasts it. I wonder if the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. (CBC) will be helping it financialy like Torchwood.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
I will be watching as long as someone broadcasts it. I wonder if the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. (CBC) will be helping it financialy like Torchwood.

CBC is co-producer of Torchwood, as with Doctor Who. This includes exclusive airing rights to a North American premiere, likely to be in early 2007 sometime after the first Tenth Doctor season and The Runaway Bride, or when hockey dies down.

Torchwood at Wikipedia

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The second season of Doctor Who came to an end last night on Aussie TV. Sad A pretty good finale, though they really milked the emotions at the end. Everyone was crying and crying....

So here is my recap on the season that was:

The Christmas Invasion B
New Earth B
Tooth And Claw B-
School Reunion B+
The Girl In The Fireplace A
Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel C/C
The Idiot's Lantern B
The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit A/A+
Love & Monsters B+
Fear Her C
Army Of Ghosts/Doomsday B+/B

I like David Tennant as the Doctor and look forward to Season 3, but...

...Tom still rules.... Razz

Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom does rule.
Impossible Planet and Satan Pit were my favs as well.
Lieutenant

aw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey glad you enjoyed the 2nd season! Can't wait for the Christmas one this year.

My favorites from season 2 were, Christmas Invasion, School Reunion, Girl in the Fireplace, the cybermen ones, and the last ones.

TheSnowLeopard wrote:

...Tom still rules.... Razz

TreeBob wrote:
Tom does rule.

Wahoooooo for Tom Baker!!!
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading through this thread. I am not a Who fan, probably because I've only seen 1.5 episodes of it ever. I realise that you are all fans. As such, I may be blundering to ask the following question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Why has there never been a female doctor?

Is there a specific reason? I get that the doctors aren't even human, so I was wondering if there was more to the picture, something I obviously don't know, or if it was just, as Tevye said, "Tradition!"
arlingirl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 10439

arlingirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website arlingirl's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the whole David T. season yet as it's just coming on here in the States, but so far it's like, "Eccleston who?" But I do agree with some of Snow's points about Rose & The Dr. seeming ambivalent towards the disruptions they are making in time while traveling. I do miss Eccleston's serious side already. But Tennant is just so darn cute!

Thanks Nen for introducing me to this show! However, YOU missy, did NOT keep your side of the bargain! I have Season One of the show you're supposed to watch on DVD that I will mail to you.

EXTERMINATE!!!!!!

Oh and I had to pass-by a lot of stuff because I don't want to know about the rest of season 2 yet. Sooo sad. Sad

http://www.bellereveportraitdesign.com
USA Nenya18
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

aw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

arlingirl wrote:
I do miss Eccleston's serious side already. But Tennant is just so darn cute!

Eccleston sooo should have stayed for another season. He was awesome, but (heh heh) I have to agree with you about Tennant!

arlingirl wrote:
Thanks Nen for introducing me to this show! However, YOU missy, did NOT keep your side of the bargain! I have Season One of the show you're supposed to watch on DVD that I will mail to you.

You're welcome! I'm so glad you like it! LOL are you serious ? You're going to mail that to me?? I'll watch it while I exercise I guess then Razz OH and I don't actually remember this bargain you speak of .... Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: