StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Most prized soundtrack in your possession
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:55 am   Post subject: Most prized soundtrack in your possession Reply with quote

There is a thread for first soundtrack and last soundtrack. This is something in the middle. What is the most personally prized of the soundtracks you own? This is not necessarily the one that is worth the most money. It doesn't have to be the best musically. This is special to you. Maybe it was your first. Maybe it was something you despaired of ever finding and ran into at a flea market. Whatever.

I'll start. I would name the score for "She Creature" as (one of) my most prized soundtrack(s).

"She Creature" is a movie I like very much. It's a low-budget horror movie about a mermaid, which is the best mermaid I've ever seen on screen. I looked up the composer of the score in the imdb
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0274659/
and found his official website.

There was no score commercially available for this movie, but for one of his others, you could get a sampler from his agent. So I wrote to the composer via his agent, and asked if there was a sampler from "She Creature." A few weeks later, I had a CD and a note from David Reynolds, thanking me for me interest. The CD was a promo sampler from "She Creature," containing almost 40 minutes of score! (I figured a sampler would have 10.) So now I have a score for a movie I like a lot, which very few other people do.

That's my story, and why "She Creature" is one of my most prized soundtracks.
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bed of Roses by Convertino
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque, what a wonderful story! I can only imagine how thrilled you must have been.

Some years ago I was helping out JNH's orchestrator, and as a 'thank you', he gave me a tape of Flatliners, a score he knew I loved. (This was before it was officially released.) Not quite as cool as your experience, but enough that I can totally empathize.

Thur: So get busy and contact MC's agent! Wink
Miaou
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12189

Miaou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Miaou's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is "Birth" by Alexandre Desplat. He wrote on the inside booklet : "to my friend Anthony"

He knows me quite well know. I'm present at his concerts in France and I met him twice in a supermarket...

And the other one is "Sirens" by Rachel Portman, which is the first score I bought, in 1996.
USA lastdomino VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any contact with any movie composer so I will just have to envy all of you.

My most prized soundtrack is not necessarily my favorite. The very first soundtrack I ever tried to get was the original soundtrack to Battlestar Galactica back in 1978. It took me nearly 20 years but I finally found it - vinyl of course. Problem now is not owning a working turntable, but I do finally have it.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12750

Diane26 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diane26's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two, that's great! Smile

Who did you help, btw? Chris or Brad?

Oh and there is still no official release for Flatliners (pricey re-use fee). Sad

"A Puritan is a person who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having a good time."
-- H.L. Mencken
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane26 wrote:
Who did you help, btw? Chris or Brad?

Brad Dechter. Back then I noticed he had very few listings in Imdb, so I offered to help him get it updated. It was fun trading emails back & forth till we got them all.

Now he's up to 221! Shocked
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm really getting envy... Razz
Okay, I also have contact to several composers, but no one among them is a professional in Hollywood... yet! Wink

If I had to name my most beloved soundtrack-score in my possession, I couldn't really tell it.
There are so many I love!!

e.g.
-) Jerry Goldsmith: "The Final Conflict", "Rambo-First Blood", "The 13th Warrior", "The Mummy", "Total Recall", "Star Trek-First Contact"
-) Hans Zimmer: "The Thin Red Line"
-) Cliff Eidelman: "Star Trek VI-The Undiscovered Country"
-) Marco Beltrami: "Hellboy"

and so on and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on......
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'd have to go with James Horner's Willow!

OK, it's not that rare, but at the time that bought it, I knew very little about film scores. I had looked everywhere for it, and couldn't find it anywhere. (I never bothered with the Internet though.)

One day I happened across the CD at a Virgin Superstore. Shocked I was elated! It had a big "Import" sticker on the front, so I thought I had found something truly rare. I was trembling when I bought it as if I were buying something priceless. Laughing

I still love that music, and it is one of my top 3 film scores to date!
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mkay....I guess mine would be.....

The Fellowship of the Ring Special edition with red leatherette cover (which is still the best and most well made cover of the lot)

I have a Lost World (jurassic Park 2) special edition cd which folds out and has pop up dinosaurs on it!

I also like my Unearthed cd cos is too has a nice cover!

I guess all in all, my favourite cd's are the ones that don't have just regular plastic boxes...

Morph
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus wrote:
I have a Lost World (jurassic Park 2) special edition cd which folds out and has pop up dinosaurs on it!

Me too, Morph. I picked up mine in a second hand CD shop in Sydney. I was buzzing all day about that purchase. More CD's should be made that way!
Lieutenant Commander

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I aint ever seen one since Snow.....Smile
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
Morpheus wrote:

Me too, Morph. I picked up mine in a second hand CD shop in Sydney. I was buzzing all day about that purchase. More CD's should be made that way!

Well, I'll be d@mned. I also got that Lost World-Jurassic Park CD... Razz
But the music itself ain't that easy to listen as someone might think. (for "untrained" ears)
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's quite an easy listen myself! Not quite as thematic as the first Jurassic Park....but then not much WIlliams is nowasdays anyway!
Ensign

Member#: 12189

Miaou is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Miaou's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the "3Dino" CD for The Lost World is common in fact... I've never seen a regular CD case of the score.

Which is, by the way, one of the best score in Williams' long career ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: