StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Most prized soundtrack in your possession
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Poland Albi VIP (subscribed member)
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My most prized soundtrack is the game soundtrack from Total Annihilation Cool It's the first one I had and I only realized you could play it seperately from the game until later Razz I loved the in-game music and I played that game waaaaay too much so it's also the one I heard most Razz I didn't realize until I got on here it was a 'soundtrack' Embarassed
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my most prized soundtrack I own would be my Lord of the Rings Complete recordings. I do, however, put in 2nd place my Independence Day soundtrack, just because I've had it for so many years.
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque, you indeed are lucky! I'm going to try that now with a game score composer Smile

I have two prized scores. The first score I ever purchased was Randy Edelman's Gettysburg. My all-time favorite score is CutThroat Island by John Debney.

Having loved the music to both films I wanted more. I looked for the possibility of there being an expanded score for Gettysburg and found this:

Its the Deluxe Commemorative Edition. Its not the complete score but it does come with more music and one of the most powerful action cues written!

Then came CutThroat Island, a purchased I made on blind faith. I didn't see the movie so I didn't know how much music the film contained. Then the complete score was released:

I'm in love with score now more than ever!

There you have it. My prized soundtrack albums.

Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thank you all for your responses; I had no idea I would get this many.

We do indeed love our soundtracks here at SST.

Kiddo_24, definitely try writing. I am a big proponent of fan mail. I have gotten some wonderful responses from some actors. I have also found that, when it comes to things like rare demo CDs and such, people will be amazingly generous if you take the time to ask politely.
USA MikeTheRaptor
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 10387

MikeTheRaptor is offline View user's profile Send private message MikeTheRaptor's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorites soundtracks are game inspired. Game Soundtracks are rare as it is, although I am beginning to see more and more on store shelves (Advent Rising, Halo 1,2vol1,2vol2, Kameo, Resident Evil Code Veronica X, etc.)

When I say game inspired however, I am refering generally to orchestrated arrangements and recorded concert performances of such music.

My favorite gems include:

Shenmue Orchestra - One of the most fantastically written and performed orchestral soundtracks I've ever heard. I loved this CD. Its excellence was unexpected and I consider this to be an often overlooked bundle of goodness that I was fortunate enough to get my hands on. Performed by the Kanagawa Philharmonic Orchestra.

Super Smash Bros. DX Orchestra (aka Smashing... Live) - A plethora of classic Nintendo tunes performed wonderfully by the New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra.

Resident Evil Orchestra - A very fine orchestral representation of a series which, although fine, lacks in listenable music. Once again, beautifully performed by the New Japan Philharmonic Orchestra.

Final Fantasy 20020220 - A concert in Japan which features music by (practically undeniably) the most internationally recognized game soundtrack composers around. Like his music or not, it is some of the most loved and performed game music that exists. A fantastic peformance by the orchestra

Final Fantasy More Friends - A concert in California which sold out in minutes. More music by Nobuo Uematsu, performed beautifally by an orchestra and choir, and featuring an opera piece Uematsu wrote for Final Fantasy VI performed in English for the first time. It has previously been performed in Japanese and Italian.

I'm also quite proud of the fact that I own a large collection of Giacchino and every Resident Evil soundtrack released to date. I also possess an Unreleased Jurassic Park 3 Soundtrack, and a collection of extra music extracted from Jurassic Park that was not featured in the original soundtrack. The Jurassic Park Operation Genesis soundtrack is also a decent live orchestral presentation of the well known Jurassic Park themes by Williams and Davis.

Ultimately though, after all that, my most cherished has got to be Shenmue Orchestra. What a fine piece of art that is.
HeathenMaiden
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 15008

HeathenMaiden is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website HeathenMaiden's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say my "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings" box. It's the most expensive soundtrack I ever got, by far the best cover, layout and artwork I've ever seen and of course the most incredible music I've ever heard!
USA Jade_Kadir
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12707

Jade_Kadir is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Jade_Kadir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt it would have to be my copy of "The Last Unicorn". I had to order it from Germany way back in the day and I don't let that album out of the house ... ever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: