StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Listening Party
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA liesse00
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 12879

liesse00 is offline View user's profile Send private message View liesse00's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:31 pm   Post subject: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Listening Party Reply with quote

http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for posting this liesse, been listening to it some today. Personally I got to say that I like Badelt's version better, but that may just be me. I still think that for a pirate score Cutthroat Island beats both of them.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just gave it a listen. I think that track 12 will become a Friday favorite.

jeff
sdg
Caliburn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiesto did a good job on that one. Already hitting the charts here
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would agree with the comments regarding Tiesto's song. Out of all the songs on the album I would have to say that is one of my favorites. Other than that there were only a few other songs that I can honestly say I enjoyed. I am a huge Zimmer fan and I gotta say I think he kinda missed the boat on this one. Too bad, I was really looking forward to a good follow up score to the first one.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I think that last track on the album is cr@p! It's so europop trash! As for the album, there are a few nice moments, the first track is great! But I wish they had just given the score to badelt to do! I aint heard the score in the film yet...but as a cd....not one I am gonna be getting (except track1) Shame, cos I LOVE the first one!

Morph Razz
Commander

Member#: 9964

Johnny_Cage is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Johnny_Cage's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with nate. I bought the CD yesterday and I think it's better than the first "Pirates" score in just about every way.

Don't get me wrong. The first score credited to Klaus Badelt was awesome fun, but since it was rushed and slapped together to meet a deadline, the sound quality was lacking almost to the point where it hurts the ears. And since there was little material to use, some of themes became repetitive.

For this second installment, Hans Zimmer was given more time to work with and it shows. The sound quality has vastly improved and the overall music is a perfect blend of old and new material, which was exactly what I was hoping for.

As for the Tiesto remix. I'm also a big trance/techno fan and was very excited when I read that it will be included on the album. I can't explain why, but I was slightly disappointed with it. Probably because the Pirate theme is difficult to recognize and I almost missed it on the first listen. Maybe I need to give it time to grow on me.

So, yeah. Zimmer still rules. I hope the album recieves at least a 4.5 rating at SST.
"You have been chosen to represent Earth in Mortal Kombat. Be warned. Although your souls are protected from Shao Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I cannot interfere any longer as your Earth is now ruled by the Outworld gods."
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well like I said Johnny_Cage, it was just my first impression. I have no doubt I will pick this score up at some point in the near future and maybe after a few more listens I will change my mind. After the first listen though I still stand by my first comment that I was not all too impressed with the score. I thought the Tiesto remix was pretty cool and could pick out the Pirate theme, I think that is one song I that will be an excellent addition to the Friday playlist. Sound quality aside, I currently enjoy the Badelt score more and feel like it is a more enjoyable listen. I am glad to hear that you enjoy it though. At this point though I would say that Zimmer's Da Vinci Code is the stronger effort so far this year.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 12750

Diane26 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Diane26's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny enough, Badelt only wrote two cues for the first Pirates.

All the major themes there are Zimmer's with Badelt, Don Harper, Ramin Djawadi, Jim Dooley, Nick Glennie-Smith, Liz Finch, Jim McKee, Goeff Zanelli, Mel Wesson and Blake Neely handling the reconstruction of those themes and adapting them to fit the time coding.

Hans was contractually forced to withhold his name in the composer credit, thus taking the 'music producer' one.

"A Puritan is a person who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having a good time."
-- H.L. Mencken
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus wrote:
Sorry, I think that last track on the album is cr@p! It's so europop trash!

I'm sure, being the clever pirate you are, you noticed that I never said whether or not I liked the track, and that I won't mention it in this post either. I just mentioned that I believe it will become a Friday favorite.

jeff
sdg

Last edited by j2brown on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Morpheus wrote:
Sorry, I think that last track on the album is cr@p! It's so europop trash!

I'm sure, being the clever pirate you are, you noticed that I never said whether or not I liked the track, and that I won't mention it in this post either. I just mentioned that I believe it will become a Friday favorite.

jeff
sdg

Well J2...you sneaky little beast! Smile
USA liesse00
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 12879

liesse00 is offline View user's profile Send private message View liesse00's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the soundtrack it' great. The Kraken is my favorite track.
Cadet 3

Member#: 929

Anim8 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Anim8's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the CD have any digital rights management stuff on it? I had problems with the Narnia score and this is from the same label.

Thanks Smile
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anim8, I got my CD from Best Buy and to the best of my knowledge it does not have any software on it not allowing you to rip it to your computer. I have iTunes and it seemed to rip fine to my computer, but I also had no problems with the Narnia CD so take that information for what it is worth.
Lieutenant

Member#: 14393

supercarol is offline View user's profile Send private message supercarol's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I only play the last track of this score when I'm driving on the freeway. Wink That, or I'm driving with someone who hasn't heard it before. Then I do it just to look at the expression on their face. Very Happy
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: