StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Just good trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:29 am   Post subject: Really good acvice! Reply with quote

Sometimes when you are angry with someone,
it helps to sit down and think about the problem.

Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure this is trivia exactly, but close perhaps:

Quote:
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty
uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The
phaonmneal pweor of th huan mnid
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde
Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the
ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng
is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit
pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can
sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

jeff
sdg
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:06 pm   Post subject: And their point was? Reply with quote

Cute!
I taught junior high and middle school for 30 years! That was easy to read. They wrote like that and thought nothing of it!
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:12 pm   Post subject: it is all about learning Reply with quote

TIME GETS BETTER WITH AGE
Read it through to the end, it gets better as you go!

I've learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sings "Silent Night".
Age 5

I've learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either.
Age 7

I've learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back.
Age 9

I've learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.
Age 12

I've learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.
Age 14

I've learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly
glad my parents are strict with me.
Age 15

I've learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.
Age 24

I've learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.
Age 26

I've learned that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have followed me there.
Age 29

I've learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.
Age 30

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it.
Age 42

I've learned that you can make some one's day by simply sending them a little note.
Age 44

I've learned that the greater a person's sense of guilt, the greater his or her need to cast blame on others.
Age 46

I've learned that children and grandparents are natural allies.
Age 47

I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.
Age 48

I've learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours.
Age 49

I've learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone.
Age 50

I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
Age 51

I've learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills.
Age 52

I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.
Age 53

I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Age 58

I've learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, work to improve your marriage.
Age 61

I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
Age 62

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.
Age 64

I've learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.
Age 65

I've learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.
Age 66

I've learned that everyone can use a prayer.
Age 72

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.
Age 82

I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.
Age 90

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
Age 92
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:05 pm   Post subject: A good idea Reply with quote

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my yearly physical.
My blood pressure was high, my cholesterol was high,
I'd gained some weight, and I didn't feel so hot.
My doctor said eating right doesn't have to
be complicated and it would solve my physical
problems. He said just think in colors...
Fill your plate with bright colors... greens,
yellows, reds, etc.
I went right home and ate an
entire bowl of :

And sure enough, I felt better immediately.
I never knew eating right
could be so easy.
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:22 pm   Post subject: Poor youth of today Reply with quote

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things. Each year the staff at Beloit College in Wisconsin puts together a list to try to give the faculty a sense of the mindset of this year's incoming freshmen.
Here's this year's list:
The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1983.
They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.
Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
The CD was introduced the year they were born.
They have always had an answering machine.
They have always had cable.
They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
Popcorn has always been cooked in a microwave.
They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.
They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.
They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane Boss, de plane".
They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
Michael Jackson has always been white.
McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 am   Post subject: Re: Poor youth of today Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:

The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1983.

I think this is an old list. Born in 1983 would
make them 24, a little late for starting college
as a class of the same age.

Here's the official list for the class of 2011:
http://www.beloit.edu/~pubaff/mindset/2011.php

jeff
sdg
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:57 pm   Post subject: Kitchen help Reply with quote

Add a little vinegar to water when washing kitchen floor, will help remove grease.

Dropped a raw egg on the floor! Just sprinkle with salt and leave for 20 minutes. Easy to sweep up.

freeze freshly caught fish with water in suitable container - stops fillets drying out.

Take fresh plums, apricots, etc. on a picnic in egg carton lined with plastic wrap. They won't squash.

Sprinkle salt into pan first to stop fish sticking.

Remove garlic and onion odors from chopping board with a paste of baking soda and a little water. Apply liberally, leave to dry, rinse off.

A few drops of lemon juice or vinegar to water when boiling rice to prevent sticking.

When cooking fish, add a piece of apple to the pan. Dip fish in flour with a teaspoon of curry powder added - it won't smell so bad.

Clean burnt stainless steel saucepans by putting a large unpeeled onion in pan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Leave till it cools.

Put a couple of slices of lemon into the cabbage when cooking it. This will prevent the smell from going all through the house.

To peel tomatoes, place into boiling water for a few minutes, then plunge into cold. The skin removes easily.

Flouring or crumbing can be done much more efficiently using a paper or plastic bag.

Keep a plastic bag handy whilst crumbing or making pastry etc. If phone rings, slip it on your hand.

Try using wholemeal flour in sauces and gravies / they seldom go lumpy and add extra nutritional value. White sauces are not as white but taste delicious.

A tablespoon of oil or butter added to rice will help prevent boiling over.

A wooden spoon standing in a jampan prevents boiling over.

When Measuring honey or syrup dip spoon in hot water or grease spoon or cup.

To clean pastry from laminate bench invert a glass and rub gently. Will also remove candle wax from a polished table.

When you buy bath soap, remove from wrapper and store on a airy shelf, it will dry out and last longer.

To obtain onion juice; put a small piece of onion through a garlic crusher.

Green tomatoes are delicious served as a vegetable. Slice, dredge with flour, sprinkle with a little raw sugar and saute in butter.

To avoid diluting the punch too much use lemonade or fruit juice for ice blocks.

Mint is easier to chop if sprinkled with sugar.

When you see the single word "flour" it means plain.

Use a potato peeler on a chilled block of plain or milk chocolate to make chocolate curls for decorating cakes and desserts.

Source:
"Camelot Rise Primary School Recipe Book"
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject: Natural Highs Reply with quote

Natural Highs

Think about them one at a time before going on to the next one. It Does Make You Feel Good, especially the thought at the end of #44.

1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
13. Giggling.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you.
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hour s.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS.
24. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
25. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
26. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).
27.Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
28. Playing with a new puppy.
29. Having someone play with your hair.
30. Sweet dreams.
31. Hot chocolate.
32. Road trips with friends.
33. Swinging on swings.
34. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
35. Making chocolate chip cookies.
36. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
37. Holding hands with someone you care about.
38. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.
39. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.
40. Watching the sunrise.
41. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.
42. Knowing that somebody misses you.
43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
44.Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:13 pm   Post subject: Flash back..or new information Reply with quote

A JC Penney catalog from 1977. It's not often blog fodder just falls in my lap, but holy heck this was two solid inches of it, right there for the taking.

I thumbed through it quickly and found my next dining room set, which is apparently made by adding upholstery to old barrels:

Also, I am totally getting this for my bathroom:
The clothes are fantastic.

Here's how to get your back side kicked in elementary school:
Just look at that belt. It's like a boob-job for your pants. He probably needed help just to lift it into place. The belt loops have to be three inches long. And way to pull them up to your armpits, grandpa.

Here's how to get your back side kicked in high school:
This kid looks like he's pretending to be David Soul, who is pretending to be a cop who is pretending to be a pimp that everyone knows is really an undercover cop. Who is pretending to be 15.

Here's how to get snubbed at the golf course:

This "all purpose jumpsuit" is, according to the description, equally appropriate for playing golf or simply relaxing around the house. Personally, I can't see wearing this unless you happen to be relaxing around your cell in D-block. Even then, the only reason you should put this thing on is because the warden made you.

Here's how to get your body kicked pretty much anywhere:
If you look at that picture quickly, it looks like Mr. Bob "No-pants" Saget has his hand in the other guy's pocket. In this case, he doesn't, although you can tell just by looking at them that it's happened - or if it hasn't happened it will. Oh yes. It will. As soon as he puts down his matching coffee cup.

Here's how to get your back side kicked at the beach:

He looks like he's reaching for a gun, but you know it's probably just a bottle of suntan lotion in a holster.

How to get your body knocked about every day up to and including St. Patrick's Day.

see next posting.....
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:39 pm   Post subject: Flash back..or new information part 2 Reply with quote

In this next one, Your Search For VALUE Ends at Penneys.

As does your search for chest hair.

And this -- Seriously. No words.
Oh wait, it turns out that there are words after all. Those words are What The Heck? I'm guessing the snap front gives you quick access to the chest hair. The little tie must be the pull tab.

Also, judging by the sheer amount of matching his/hers outfits, I'm guessing that in 1977 it was considered pretty stylish for couples to dress alike. These couples look happy, don't they?

I am especially fond of this one, which I have entitled "Cowboy Chachi Loves You Best."

And nothing showcases your everlasting love more than the commitment of matching bathing suits. That, and a blonde girl with a look on her face that says uh er well umm?

Then, after the lovin', you can relax in your one-piece matching terry cloth jumpsuits:

I could go on, but I'm tired, and my eyes hurt from this trip back in time. I think it's the colors. That said, I will leave you with these tasteful little numbers:

Ask Twopop how she looked in this outfit!??
Or Pete and Tjoe if they had cowboy shirts!
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:44 pm   Post subject: Have to be a baby boomer to really get it. Reply with quote

Boy………….this one brings back memories of growing up!

Be sure and refill the ice cube trays.

Quit slamming the screen door!

Be sure and close the windows when you leave, it looks like rain.

Don't forget to wind the clock before you go to bed.

Wash your feet before you go to bed, they are nasty from playing outside all day bare footed.

Why can't you remember to roll up your pant legs? Getting them caught in the bicycle chain so many times is tearing them up.

You have torn the knees out of that pair of pants so many times there is nothing left to put a patch on.

Don't you go outside with your good school clothes on!

Go comb your hair. It looks like the rats have nested in it all night.

Be sure and pour the cream off the top of the milk when you open the new bottle.

Take that empty bottle to the store with you so you won't have to pay a deposit on another one.

Put a dish towel over the cake so the flies won't get on it.

Quit jumping on the floor! I have a cake in the oven and you are going to make it fall if you don't quit!

Let me know when the Fuller Brush man comes by, I need to get a few things from him.

You kids stay close by, the car may not start and I will need you to help push it.

There is a dollar in my purse, go by and get five gallons of gas when you go to town.

Open the back door and see if we can get a breeze through here, it is getting hot.

You can walk to the store, it won't hurt you to get some exercise.

Don't lose that button, I will sew it back on.

Wash your neck before you come to the table, you have beads of dirt and sweat all under there.

Get out from under that sewing machine, pumping it messes up the thread!

Be sure and fill the lamps this morning so we don't have to do that tonight in the dark.

Here, take this old magazine to the toilet with you when you go, we are almost out of paper out there.

Go out to the well and draw a bucket of water for me to wash dishes in.

Don't turn the radio on now, I want to save the battery for when the Grand Ole Opry comes on.

No! I don't have nine cents for you to go to the show, do you think money grows on trees?

Eat those vegetables, they will make you big and strong like your daddy.

That dog is NOT coming in this house! I don't care how cold it is out there, dogs just don't come in the house.

Sit still! I am trying to get your hair cut straight and you keep moving and it is all botched up.

Hush your mouth! I don't want to hear words like that, I will wash your mouth out with soap!

It is time for your system to be cleaned out, I am going to give you a dose of Castor Oil tonight.

If you get a spanking in school and I find out about it, you will get another one when you get home.

Quit crossing your eyes! They will get stuck that way!

Soak your foot in this pan of Coal Oil so that bad cut won't get infected.

When you take your driving test don't forget to signal each turn. Left arm straight out the window for a left turn, left arm bent up at the elbow for a right turn and straight down to the side of the door when you are going to stop.

It is Yes Sir! And No Sir! To me young man, and don't you forget it!

While we are at Aunt Mary's and Uncle John's, you kids can eat when the adults get though and I don't want to hear any "I don't like this stuff." Keep you mouth shut and eat everything on your plate.
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:46 am   Post subject: Huh how about that? Reply with quote

THE HUMAN BODY

You really ought to know this. The human body is a machine that is full of wonder.

This collection of human body facts will leave you wondering why in the heck we were designed the way we were.

-Scientists say the higher your I.Q. The more you dream.

-The largest cell in the human body is the female egg and the smallest is the male sperm.

-You use 200 muscles to take one step.

-The average woman is 5 inches shorter than the average man.

-Your big toes have two bones each while the rest have three.

-A pair of human feet contains 250,000 sweat glands.

-A full bladder is roughly the size of a soft ball.

-The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor blades.

-The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.

-It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

-The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds.

-Men without hair on their chests are more likely to get cirrhosis of the liver than men with hair.

-At the moment of conception, you spent about half an hour as a single cell.

-There is about one trillion bacteria on each of your feet.

-Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.

-The enamel in your teeth is the hardest substance in your body.

-Your teeth start growing 6 months before you are born.

-When you are looking at someone you love, your pupils dilate, and they do the same when you are looking at someone you hate.

-Your thumb is the same length as your nose.

At this very moment I know full well you are putting this last fact to the test...now remove your thumb from your nose and pass this on to the friends you think might be interested in comparing their thumbs to their noses as well.
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:22 pm   Post subject: I have more.... Reply with quote

I miss old Calvin and Hobbs.

Last edited by Cinder on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love Calvin & Hobbs. I'm pretty sure there are many fans around here Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: