StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:10 am   Post subject: Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes Reply with quote

Nightmares and Dreamscapes is a TNT miniseries, based on the short fiction of Stephen King. I'm a little late starting this topic, since the miniseries just broadcast it's 3rd of 4 episodes. I'm sure there will be reruns or a DVD.

What's nifty is the score, for two reasons. It was written by Jeff Beal, and if you go to his website, www.jeffbeal.com, he has plenty of clips in mp3 format for you to listen to and enjoy.

Second, the first episode of the series, "Battleground," was told entirely without dialogue. That gave the composer some opportunity and freedom he wouldn't normall have. Beal talks about this in an interview at http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=201

Is anyone out there watching the series? What do you think? So far, I think it has been hit-or-miss, with "Battleground" and "The End of the Whole Mess" being the best.
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Nightmares & Dreamscapes back in High school, but I haven't had a chance to watch the series outside of about 15 minutes of it. It would be nice to hear what people think of it. Nice thread idea Lady!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11852

sunshinegirl is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View sunshinegirl's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some have been really good, but I didn't like the one with William H Macy. That was a little off the wall.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshinegirl wrote:
Some have been really good, but I didn't like the one with William H Macy. That was a little off the wall.

"Umney's Last Case." I thought the original story was just okay, but better than the adaptation. You might check it out. It was the tone of the adaptation that threw me. Macy was WAY too gangbusters for my vision of Umney. And it was too long, for the amount of story they had to work with.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshinegirl wrote:
I didn't like the one with William H Macy.

Funny you should mention him. We saw the ad for the show last night, and it was the clip with Macy that caught my attention enough to plan to watch it Wednesday.

Thanks for bringing the series to our attention. Smile
Cathy_117
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 15503

Cathy_117 is offline View user's profile Send private message Cathy_117's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that show. I too have read the book. I loved it..and i had to keep reading it over and over again.
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an interview with the composer, Jeff Beal, at aintitcool.com. It doesn't look likely that there will be a soundtrack release for this film.

However, if you go to jeffbeal.com, the aforementioned "samples" are quite long. In fact, there is just shy of eighty minutes of music in mp3 format. Just enough to fill a CD, if you're interested.

It's a varied selection of music. I suggest checking it out. I'm always on the lookout for free, legit music, so this kind of thing suits me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: