StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Useless information / Trivia / Whadayaknow's....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 10227

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:41 pm   Post subject: Useless information / Trivia / Whadayaknow's.... Reply with quote

So I was browsing for que's with "Death" in the title - (only because it's PeteC's favorite word...Wink) (i.e. Deathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Anywhooo, I made an interesting observation. Perhaps you all already knew this, but the soundtracks for Article 99, Edward Scissorhands, A Simple Plan and Sommersby all have a track entitled "Death." As you've no doubt guessed by now, the interesting part of that is that they were all composed by Danny Elfman. There you have it, my contribution of useless knowledge...

Maybe it's a silly topic, but I thought it may be kinda fun to have a topic where we post useless info or trivia that ya'll know about soundtracks / composers, etc.
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe Danny has too many

(for those that don't know, Danny Elfman was the front man for Oingo Boingo)

as for trivia... most of the Oingo Boingo album covers deal with death or, at least, has a skeleton or two depicted.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

vader_76 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View vader_76's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're on to something gd! Laughing
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some pretty cool information directly from Christopher Young's website:

The History of "The Name Game"
More often than not, record releases of film music scores have cue titles that simply describe the scenes that they were written for. Dating back to my very first record release for the film "Pranks" aka "The Dorm That Dripped Blood," I realized that this necessarily didn't have to be the case. As it turned out "The Name Game" became the first deviation from this traditional titling of cues. I only wish I could take credit for this idea, but unfortunately I can't. When it came time to naming the cues for the "Pranks" album, it was decided that the directors, producer, editors, writers and myself were all going to have a hand in it. As I recall, it was John Penny (one of the writers on the film) who suggested that we try hiding a film composer's last name within a title, much in the same way that Alfred Hitchcock made hidden cameo appearances in most of his American movies. We all thought that it was "cool," and from that moment on the idea stuck. My second movie "The Power" was with the same group, and again another film composer's last name was hidden. As I moved on to work with other directors, I decided to keep up this tradition and have continued to do so whenever possible. The rules of inclusion are:

a) The composer has to be someone from a previous generation that I've admired.
b) He has to have written music for at least one movie, or for a television show.

Occasionally on the early record releases I also tried deviating from functional titles for the remaining cues. It wasn't until "Hellbound" that "all hell broke loose." From then on I have tried to come up with titles that are more about the music than the movie it was written for. Following in Henry Mancini's footsteps, they are often entertaining, colorful, sometimes witty or just plain weird. If you look hard enough, you might also find names of family, friends, or other heroes sprinkled in titles as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is pretty cool, cause when you look at some of his scores especially the Intrada Promos (Hush, Head Above Water etc) and even some of the regular and LE releases (Rounders and Shade) there are always unique and fun track titles instead of the standard titles. Just another reason that Christopher Young is THE MAN!!!!
USA vader_76
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

AIM Address
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool info nate!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: