StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Man, I HATE this track!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dufresne wrote:
Cool, thanks for explaining, I get it I think ,and I see the value in having a thread like this now.

That having been said *cracks knuckles*
man, I HATE;
"Overture-And All That Jazz" from Chicago, everytime I think it's about to end it winds up for another refrain and the beating continues. uggh.

~Dufresne~

That's the spirit, Dufresne! I think the overture is a little long, plus it connects right into the next song. It's shorter in the stage version, but there it's just an overture, not filler music for a long scene.

I personally am a little tired of "Cell Block Tango," but that's because a) I don't care for the film version and b) the joke got old for me years ago. At least it doesn't get requested much, and I can psych myself up for it.
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of people say they hate Hisaishi or atleast particular tracks. It doesn't bother me though. In fact it makes me want to request it more!

Wink I only request Totoro to keep Cal happy.
Cadet 2

Member#: 15521

Deus_Ex_Machina is offline View user's profile Send private message Deus_Ex_Machina's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything from Autumn Thunder. I don't even have to look to see what it is...it has that horrible campy marching band sound that drives me nuts. It's not that I don't like football. I just don't like that sort of music underscoring it.

Smile
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
I only request Totoro to keep Cal happy.

Unfortunatly, Esparvel doesn't log in these days so no one complains when Kikujiro is playing...
Kiddo_24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate anything from BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN because it brings back the aweful memories of a simplistic score being pick for an Oscar win for politcal reasons over the craftmanship of Maestro John Williams. I know Williams wasn't going to win so I rooted for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE but a simple guitar piece repeated to death won the OSCAR!!! AH!

Also, I think I heard "Machine Gun Lullaby" muliple times in a week! Or so it seemed.

Most Pirates of the Caribbean annoys me because of the repetative noise it is that passes as "art/music" over the swashbuckling, grandiose tradition of The Sea Hawk and CutThroat Island.

[I best keep this short and restrained]

I don't like it when non-score songs appear but then again, its part of the soundtrack.
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiddo_24 wrote:
I hate anything from BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN because it brings back the aweful memories of a simplistic score being pick for an Oscar win for politcal reasons over the craftmanship of Maestro John Williams. I know Williams wasn't going to win so I rooted for PRIDE AND PREJUDICE but a simple guitar piece repeated to death won the OSCAR!!! AH!

Absolutely right. The academy doesn't seem to know the difference between a real composed SCORE with every inbound quality and a simple SONG very often... Confused
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
Absolutely right. The academy doesn't seem to know the difference between a real composed SCORE with every inbound quality and a simple SONG very often... Confused

Hey, academy members have it rough... after all, It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp. Do you realize how they struggle to vote on something that sounds so commercial, and at the same time try too hard to give off the impression that they have a sense of humour by voting on the first R&B song that they hear in its entirety?

I dedicate this post to all the hard working academy members\pimps out there. My props, aiggght?

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Kiddo_24
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the_lake_effect wrote:

Hey, academy members have it rough... after all, It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp.

Laughing
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiddo_24 wrote:
the_lake_effect wrote:

Hey, academy members have it rough... after all, It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp.

Laughing

I'll second that... Razz Laughing Razz Laughing Razz
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:03 pm   Post subject: Take off, to the Great White North. Reply with quote

*sings* It's hard out here for Kiddo and bpewien...

Hey, anything to keep using the word "pimp" in the context of "It's Hard Out Here For a Pimp." Academy Award for Best Song... *scoffs* If only they gave some more thought to "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

On another note that might be related to this thread...

Forbidden Zone. Sure it may sound awful, but it's subject to the "Plan 9 From Outer Space" effect. It's so bad and weird that you have no choice but to laugh at how ridiculous it is. It always puts a smile on my face when it comes on, and in the end, isn't that what music is all about? In the words of Geddy Lee, frontman of the supergroup Rush, "music is the great healer." Isn't laughter the best medicine? Forbidden Zone is like a Plan 9 injection in one of your bottom cheeks administed by Patch Adams himself. Admit it, if it doesn't make you cringe, it will make you laugh. Maybe even both.

I don't know about you, but I feel better already.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't about a specific track, but man, I HATE it when people request long tracks, especially on a Friday, and then apologise for the length in the comment section. They're not sorry! They know that a 10-minute track at peak time during the work day ticks people off, and they don't care! And today, the track that made me see stars was a particularly boring one from March of the Emperor (Emperors? Whatever).

I know it's mostly newbies who do this, but it's annoying. All we can hope for is that somewhere they read the request netiquette and restrain themselves.

Okay, ranting done.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
...I HATE it when people request long tracks, especially on a Friday, and then apologise for the length in the comment section. They're not sorry! They know that a 10-minute track at peak time during the work day ticks people off, and they don't care!

Always remember, your work day might be another's evening... Smile
Requesting a long track during peak hours might not be particularly polite, but I think it's understandanble if the request wait for a non-VIP is 12 hours.

Now to the stuff I hate:
...............JAZZ!!!!!!!!

I can't name a specific track because I can't be bothered to remember them. They all sound alike anyway. *ducks* Wink
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14735

Ruka is offline View user's profile Send private message Ruka's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply to the Fantasia tracks, I have the cd as well, and I do agree, it was made to go with what is on the screen but by itself, its a kooky stereo recording. I plan to encode it to monophonic sound one day...its a lot better that way IMO, but we can't fix that on SST. Plus its 7+ minutes on most cues.

I don't like the remake of the Willy Wonka film and will not listen to anything from that. The original is ok, but I do tend to skip the Oompa Loompa tracks on that as well. Maybe its just the film.

As for the chat, I once requested the Bambi track with the gunshot near the end and I saw people writing times about deer hunting and how good deer meat tasted. :p Very Happy
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words: Buffy vocals
Ensign

Member#: 7499

Geomancer is offline View user's profile Send private message View Geomancer's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I have one I'd like to add. I never have posted anything in the chat because like you guys have said already, it's too personal.
Anything from any of the Cirque du Soleil albums really makes me want to slam my head into something hard.
I don't know why. I like watching the show on Bravo because of the cool visuals. But without the acrobatics and whatnot the music just sounds annoying to me.
Maybe it's that I find it too 'artsy'. I dunno, maybe someone more eloquent at critiquing music can come up with a better word...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: