StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Man, I HATE this track!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's OK to express yourself through picking tracks, but not OK to express your opinion about those tracks? I think you can't have one without the other.

jeff
sdg
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is should be totally acceptable to dump on something in the chat within limits. I myself have muted and wrote it. I guess I never concerned myself with the fact it might have offended someone. But the again I am pretty thick skinned. The great thing is after I dump my opinion in the chat I got lots of info from others about why its good and what parts I should pay attention to in order to 1 understand it and 2 appreciate it. I was a complete novice to music when I found this site and though the give and take of criticism in the chat have learned tons. AND learned to appriciate alot more. I have tolerance for buffy now. I understand the buffy now. I am one with the buffy now *Im trying at least* Smile I am a better person.

on a side note the akira I have tried and tried and just dont get.

I hope we always have the welcomed ability to express our likes and dislikes in the chat.
USA Angela12
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16588

Angela12 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Angela12's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright - I see the value in this thread. More of as a learning tool and discussion of the pros and cons of different traks. I agree it's much better to do it here, so that both people can fully discuss the reasons for their opinion than in the chat, which is too personal for me - call me sensitive. It's still an eye opener when I find out people's opinion about something when it's not in harmony with my own. As long as it's done in a positive way - no personal attacks or put-downs of the individuals - I can see how this is a learning tool (from workervr's comments).

Thanks guys as always - I love this community and no hard feelings - I'm over it (my initial hurt feelings!!) I look forward to making more requests - for your listening pleasure and my own of course!!

Angela12
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that everything worked out nicely in the end. Another victory for the strong community at SST.

Now, back to bashing tracks! Wink

jeff
sdg
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime. I hate the stuff, there is a very limited number of anime tracks that I find to be "OK" and one or two tracks that I actually enjoy, but they are extremely rare. In most cases I would rather hear vocals than anime.

I also have yet to hear a Hisaishi track that I like.

Also, the Hoodwinked ST (which isn't anime) is my least favorite ST in the SST playlist. If I could pick any ST to be removed from SST it would be Hoodwinked.

-LOTRKing
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
Anime. I hate the stuff, there is a very limited number of anime tracks that I find to be "OK" and one or two tracks that I actually enjoy, but they are extremely rare. In most cases I would rather hear vocals than anime.

I also have yet to hear a Hisaishi track that I like.

No one is perfect, LOTRKing Wink
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
No one is perfect, LOTRKing Wink

Razz Laughing

-LOTRKing
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I leave the forums for a few weeks and miss all the excitement. I'm glad that the conversation seems to have wrapped up in a harmonious way.

I created this thread, and I will defend it if necessary, because I believe hating some tracks is natural, and we should be allowed to discuss it. So knock yourselves out. Just remember the rules at the beginning; I think they help maintain the peace. And by the way, picking on a track is not, in and of itself, an ad hominem attack. Ad hominem means attacking a person, and no one here should stand for that.

I, too, have heard tracks I like bashed. And it hurts a little(especially in chat). But it's okay, and it won't stop me requesting. Whenever I get around to requesting again.
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady I cannot remember the last time I requested. I just listen now as I dont want to fill up the que Smile Should be another topic when was the last time you requested???
hhe hhe
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand those two tracks from the Hoodwinked ST, "Be Prepared" and "The Schnitzel Song." The first just drives me crazy, because I think it's cute squeaky drivel. The second is just as stupid. When are we going to get tired of bad German accents being funny? They're not. Maybe I feel this way because half my family is German. Maybe I just think it was never that funny in the first place.

Given that those two tracks are the most often requested on that ST, someone clearly likes them. I hate 'em.

No, I haven't seen the movie. Don't plan to. Can't make me.

And that's all I wanted to say.
Germany alien_avatar
Captain
Captain

Member#: 16007

alien_avatar is offline View user's profile Send private message View alien_avatar's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
When are we going to get tired of bad German accents being funny?

I have issues with "The Schnitzel Song" as well. (Surprise!!! Very Happy)
Once, for the record:

Schnitzel on a stick are not being sold in Germany (or anyplace else I can think of Wink).

I generally dislike songs that rely on "funny accents" to make them funny... and it's not just German. There's a ton of songs that have French accents in them as well...
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 6652

Istagi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Istagi's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm Interesting thread.

If I select a track that all of you do not like, howl all you want. it is your right to dislike something just as much as it is my right to like something. I select tracks because I like them or I know some others like them and want to dedicate a selection to them.

This whole.. "I am hurt because someone does not like my music selection????" WTF is that all about, grow up. I know it is harsh but get a grip.

I know I will get in trouble for writing the above but that is how I feel.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 16588

Angela12 is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Angela12's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:
Hmmm Interesting thread.

This whole.. "I am hurt because someone does not like my music selection????" WTF is that all about, grow up. I know it is harsh but get a grip.

I know I will get in trouble for writing the above but that is how I feel.

You completely missed my point! I never said that I was hurt because they did not LIKE my music selection! It is how it is CONVEYED that hurts - I would prefer NOT to know about it if someone dislikes it but that is just me - I am grown-up enough - realistic & mature enough to know that there are some people who just HAVE to voice their opinion even if it is offensive and negative AND that we don't ALL have the same taste in music.

Just wanted to make sure my previous post is not misunderstood or misinterpreted!

You will never see me telling people in chat or even here that I hate a certain song and yes, of course, there are songs that I do hate and hit the mute button, but I keep it to myself.

I do take offense to you telling me to grow-up why don't you take sensitivity training?

Angela aka the sensitive one
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Istagi wrote:

Angela12 wrote:

I am grown-up enough - realistic & mature enough to know that there are some people who just HAVE to voice their opinion even if it is offensive and negative ....

FWEEET! Break it up, both of you. This was my thread originally, so I feel like being a ref here. Istagi, I think you're making ad hominem attacks, and with a certain lack of manners. I send you back three squares, and you shall have no pie.

Angela, I know how you feel, but it sounds to me like you think anyone who doesn't like a track, and says so, is being "offensive and negative." This is not fair, and comes across a little mean. Back two squares. Pie negotiable.

I feel the need to reiterate: I created this thread to pick on tracks, not people. And certainly not to pick on people for picking on tracks. If you can't restrain yourself, don't post here. And if the rules I set out on page one are too much to hope for, then I'll just have an admin lock this topic and say the heck with it.
Dufresne
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 5408

Dufresne is offline View user's profile Send private message Dufresne's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Creepshow. I don't know the names of any of the tracks becuase I'm out quickly, quickly, when that stuff comes on.

~D

look what you started LadyI Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: