StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Add: Legend: by Tangerine Dream
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

Add this to SST play list?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

USA Jade_Kadir
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 12707

Jade_Kadir is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Jade_Kadir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:03 pm   Post subject: Add: Legend: by Tangerine Dream Reply with quote

Purchase link is here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000014XE/sr=1-4/qid=1155149043/ref=sr_1_4/103-4792040-4117467?ie=UTF8&s=music

You can also listen to samples on that page.

What I love the best about this is that this is the music I heard when I first saw the movie and fell in love with it. My favorite piece is Track #9 (The Dance) because it's a pivotal turning point for the character of Lily ... literally. She is seemingly possessed by evil influences and turns away from the light. But like Pandora's box, there is in her a little seed of hope burried far beneath the surface waiting to sprout. The album also contains two beautiful lyrical songs that evoke the essence of the film for me because when I sing along, I feel just like I did the first time I saw the film. This is, I believe, the heart of any good score. It makes you remember the film and why you loved it.

Here are two covers to the album so you can decide which one you like better.

This is the more popular one and is the one used when I bought the album.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Jade_Kadir/Legend1.jpg

This is an alternate one that I found on the internet but haven't seen in person.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Jade_Kadir/Legend2.jpg

This is another alternate one that I found on the internet but haven't seen in person.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Jade_Kadir/LegendTangerineDream1.jpg

Last edited by Jade_Kadir on Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Belgium dr_schizo
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 11329

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message dr_schizo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, me too, i like this CD!!!
I think it's a great use of electronic sounds for rendering a score. This album is a must-add!
This is kindly bizare but this is the US score version by Tangerine Dream, the Jerry Goldsmith score as the European version.
Weird but it's how it is... (source: imdb.com)
strange because this is the Tangerine Dream version that i have
If I could, I said "Yes!" (add a poll to your thread via edit button Shocked ) Very Happy
ps: this is well the first cover that you show on my cd version
Ensign

Member#: 12707

Jade_Kadir is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Jade_Kadir's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a poll then once I figured out how to do it. Cool
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in favor of adding this. Its the music I was introduced to when I first saw the film. In fact, I don't think I've seen it with Goldsmith's score attached. (Hmmm, I'll have to rent the DVD!).

At the time, the producers thought Americans were too unsophisticated or something for the orchestral soundtrack. I'm glad times have changed.....

Smile
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

dr_schizo is offline View user's profile Send private message dr_schizo's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:

At the time, the producers thought Americans were too unsophisticated or something for the orchestral soundtrack. I'm glad times have changed.....Smile

LOL Very Happy Really, you heard that?! LOL I am not sure if it was like that... but, another strange "detail": Tangerine Dream (US version) is a German band and Jerry Goldsmith (European version) was an american composer...
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any clips for the Goldsmith version? Personally I don't care for the Tangerine Dream one. On the clips I played seemed as everyone sounded just alike. The first vocal track was good, the second one brought thoughts of 'buffy' to my mind.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

we have the Goldsmith version..
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well then that should suffice - i don't like this one. And i just woke up so I didn't check to see Razz
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing OK, so I guess the Universal Studio executives thought a pop score would attract more moviegoers from the coveted teenage demographic. Rolling Eyes

See a host of articles here.

Many critics and Goldsmith himself would later admit that Legend was arguably his greatest work. Shocked

Ah, the decisions of the wise and insightful studio executives...
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the Legend-Score by Jerry Goldsmith.
In the inside booklet there's a very accurate explanation what happened with the original score and the other circumstances around it.
I've seen the movie only in fragments (Goldsmith score included), but I love the score and after listening the cues from Tangerine,
I am more than convinced that there's absolutely no need for adding this synthie nonsense.

I don't want to insult anybody, but everytime I'm watching good movies that
have a synthie score (especially from the 80's), I'm getting the creeps.
Worst Example: Maurice Jarre's musical crime "Witness"!

So I'm saying NO to this.

PS: And the people who were responsible for rejecting the Goldsmith-score should burn in... Evil or Very Mad
Belgium dr_schizo
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, maybe the goldsmith score fits better to the movie than the Tangerine Dream version... Nevertheless, out of the movie context (not an extraodinary movie, in my opinion), it's realy a great album. I can say some tracks are really good and deserve to be more famous. For those that scare to death about pop-song, there is only 2 songs (very good songs though). And this is not a "pop" soundntrack, it's an awesome electronic score, there is people here that can understand electronic music... So for the people so anger about an album they never listened, cheers!

PS: It's how it is, and I understand why, then i don't complaining; but everyone knows thats impossible to judge an entire album work with just audio samples
Captain

aw

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

dr_schizo, your opinion is completeley understandable.
There always are pro & cons, but in this case I've heard other pieces by Tangerine (can't remember which, but I wasn't very enthusiastic about it), and those samples didn't seem to overpower this impression. Sorry, but that's the way I see it!

Talking about "electronic music", there's always the controversion "black & white". Just look at Stockhausen, Boulez etc.
I'm studying composition, so I also know a little bit about it. Wink
Belgium dr_schizo
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
dr_schizo, your opinion is completeley understandable.
There always are pro & cons, but in this case I've heard other pieces by Tangerine (can't remember which, but I wasn't very enthusiastic about it), and those samples didn't seem to overpower this impression. Sorry, but that's the way I see it!

Talking about "electronic music", there's always the controversion "black & white". Just look at Stockhausen, Boulez etc.
I'm studying composition, so I also know a little bit about it. Wink

ok the point is you don't like Tangerine Dream... it's your right, i can understand that, it can't be helped. But some Tangerine Dream albums contain realy good compositions. Tangerine work is more comparable to Vangelis than Maurice Jarre. Indeed, as a musician myself, i agree that talking about Stockhausen and Boulez it's like "black and white", here . But some synthetic scores are great and people like them. Me I know this disc and i like it. Razz

ps: what do you meant by "pro & cons", here?
Captain

aw

MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro & Cons in relation to being or not being in favour for this band...
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Speaking of pro or contra: It has been added! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: