StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

New module for Album & Playlist/Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Grenadier wrote:
How about adding a search module to one of the sidebars on the album info page?

We thought about that but it was tight quarters over there. We also tried to add one above the album info, but rushing the release prevented completion. I still think a search block would be nice to have there.
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Caliburn wrote:
cant you shift-click in IE like in Firefox?

Shift-click opens the link in a new window here.

I think most people can open new windows in Explorer or tabs in Firefox, but I think my minor gripe is that I dislike having more big windows open since my computer moves slower, and I can't hide the big windows as easily.

Perhaps the small request pop-up could be brought back if there are enough complaints about the format. I suggest keeping the list of tracks and artists on the big request page with all the new functions like the Make Corrections, Reviews, etc., but removing the request buttons to avoid duplication.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm confused, but why can't you just use the menu, Grenadier? What are you searching for?

jeff
sdg
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you folks for displaying composer's name for every track and all new features in Request window.

SST proves to be the best radio station and the best website in the world again and again! Smile

But as
zirael wrote:
I really miss the pop-up windows for requests.

I miss them too Smile

The format (size) of request window is currently the only new thing I have mixed emotions for. Is it possible to make it smaller? (half a screen maybe?)
It was good to keep an eye on queue page while requesting.

Thank you for your work SSTeam! It's pleasure to come back here every day.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA Grenadier
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 14592

Grenadier is offline View user's profile Send private message View Grenadier's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:
Maybe I'm confused, but why can't you just use the menu, Grenadier? What are you searching for?

jeff
sdg

Once I'm already looking at an album detail, I need to go to Station-Requests to get the search form back to search for something else. The Album Detail page itself does not have a search form anywhere. It just seemed like it could be squeezed in on the sidebar, near the Amazon ad and the ratings box, to avoid having to navigate back to the search page again.
USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
The format (size) of request window is currently the only new thing I have mixed emotions for. Is it possible to make it smaller? (half a screen maybe?)

I agree that making the size of the request window smaller would be a good compromise if there isn't enough popular support to go back to the request pop-ups. Half a screen or 3/4 of its current size would be great.

To reduce the size of the request window, here are a few suggestions:

1. Maybe you could remove the Google ads at the top of the request window (since we're already seeing them on the queue page and lower right on request page). It looks more cluttered to me with the top Google ad.

2. I'd rather have a more streamlined look by removing the 'Now' from the 'Request Now' on the request button. Is there any way to cram it in on one line with a smaller font?

3. Slightly reduce the size of the request buttons - width and make the glowing dot smaller. They take my attention away from the track list, although I like the design of the button and dot.

The great thing about this site is that it's always growing and changing - a work in progress. Thanks for listening to member suggestions!
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are happening really fast here!
Request buttons have new look now. I like it.
Thank you JERIC!

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:42 pm   Post subject: Pop-up window Reply with quote

I preferred having the pop-up window when I clicked on the album title to see that album's tracks when I make requests.

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff is happening so fast, I am afraid I will log on tomorrow and I won't even recognize anything Shocked . Keep up the awesome work, great new features and I love em all Very Happy .

Nate
genericdragon
Commander
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

neat changes SSTeam Smile

it seems that everytime I come to the site something has changed. now it's a game for me to find what is new/changed. Wink

keep up the great work!

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Stuff is happening so fast, I am afraid I will log on tomorrow and I won't even recognize anything Shocked.

I agree. I like those new request buttons.
SST is always evolving, and that seemingly faster than humanity does... Razz
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhhh, don't tell the admin team that SST is already the greatest site on earth....

They might get cocky and stop improving the site.

Is it possible to improve upon perfection?
Wink

Seriously, though, these improvements are amazing.

Thanks to all!
Mr. Green
Australia TheSnowLeopard
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

molossus wrote:
It was good to keep an eye on queue page while requesting.

Would it be possible to add a vertical scroll bar to the centre section of each page so you could see all of the Album Information or Queue by scrolling down, while the Now Playing section remained visible at the top?

You already have a scroll bar for the Chat Room, so why not the Queue, Album Information and all other features accessible from the main menu bar that load up in the centre of the webpage?
Lieutenant

Member#: 10809

don0don is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website don0don's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to JERIC and Sensei for the excellent improvements in the Album/Request module. The new buttons are superb! And the new features are very useful. I do miss the pop-up album window a bit, but it's not a major issue to me.

And special thanks to Twopop for the corrections which she made at near-light-speed!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

At the rate you guys are changing things, it's only a matter of time before one can just *think* their request.

OOO-EEE-OOOOO

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: