StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Streaming Soundtracks - a Wikipedia article
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 

You've seen the article. Should people be adding to it?
The Wikipedia article on Streaming Soundtracks should be longer and more informative.
78%
 78%  [ 26 ]
It's fine. Leave it be.
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
What's a "com-pew-tor?"
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 33

USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - just for my own personal benefit, fun, and to explain it right properly to any other southerners that may wander on here:

Darlings, I've just got to tell you about this great little radio station, StreamingSoundtracks.com. You listen to it on the internet, you know on your computer. It has all your movie and TV favorites and even some from video games, you know that little box always laying in the floor your kids play with?

You have to listen to it through a special player such as Winamp that you can download for free. Well, that's just better then the latest sale at Wal-Mart. Better yet, there are no ads and you don't have to pay a membership fee. I hate how those health clubs always make you pay a membership fee and you go for a little while and never go back. Oh, off on a rabbit chase. Sorry 'bout that. You will go back here though.

It was created by this sweet boy, Jeric. Now you know he comes from good people, he made his mama proud by serving in the military. He first made it so he could listen to his favorite music at work. Then, being raised all proper and all, he wanted to share it with everyone. Now don't y'all just know how proud his mama is of him.

The official date of the station being open for all us to listen is August 19, 2001. It was around way before this, but this is the day he decided to share it with the whole world.

Right now he has over 2500 CD's to choose from. (Bet that was a fight w/ BQ for closet space, don't ya know) And, guess what, you can even choose songs you want to listen to yourself. There are over 15,000 wonderful people signed up on the site. Y'all get over there soon, ya hear?

EDIT: As a side note, this is merely for fun, don't add it to the site.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a Simple English Wikipedia. This one is intended for those with learning disabilities or have problems with English as a second language.

Truthfully, writing in simple terms can be harder than conventional English. aiggght? (I wonder if someone will come through with an Ebonics wikipedia.)

Well, I guess I'll see what I can do with the Simple English article. Stay cool, ya hear.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thuringwethil wrote:
Ok - just for my own personal benefit, fun, and to explain it right properly to any other southerners that may wander on here...

LOL
If they open a wikipedia for southeners I will post it immediately. Wink

*edit*
Oh wait... I can't. You should because you have copyright. Wink
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan_nl wrote:
thuringwethil wrote:
Ok - just for my own personal benefit, fun, and to explain it right properly to any other southerners that may wander on here...
LOL
If they open a wikipedia for southeners I will post it immediately. Wink
*edit*
Oh wait... I can't. You should because you have copyright. Wink

I agree!
Nice text, thur! Very Happy
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what we have so far:

German - currently being marked for deletion
English
Dutch
Simple English

bpewien, from my limited understanding of German, some deletionists at the German Wikipedia are charging that the article is unencyclopedic, that a great percentage is focused on JERIC, etc. Personally, I think most deletionists are soulless, joyless spoilsports that are enforcing their own brand of elitism, but that's just me. Just edit a bit more, and try to defend the article, as these jokers (and it seems they work really fast on de.wikipedia) might actually succeed.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly you seem to be right, lake!

I'll try what I can, but I'm not an experienced Wikipedia-user.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written a contra-deleting message at the german wikipedia-forum. (In german of course...)
If somebody else has a good idea how to prevent the deletion of this article or how to make it better, please feel free to do so.
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I added the french version and a nice wikipedia user helped me with the layout.

I tried to follow the wikipedia rules and guidelines, which made me remove the reference to the webmaster (sorry Jeric, don't know if it's a french rule?).

Good luck with the deletion problem, BP. Tell us if we can help/do something about it!
Commander

Member#: 5061

Hurr78 is offline View user's profile Send private message Hurr78's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool - I didn't even know that SST had a Wikipedia entry... although, of course, it definitely deserves to have one.

Thur: Great southern version. lol. Smile
Poland molossus VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Alchemist wrote:
Hi there,

I added the french version

Very good news Alch! Smile

BTW: Could you edit your post Alchemist and give us a link to the french version of the article, please?

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to omit me from any article. It feels a bit weird anyway. I don't see why they would have a problem with mentioning me as the creator though. Any other JERIC details can be omitted though.

Ya'll (I live below the Mason-Dixon line too) are doing a fine job!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:
don't see why they would have a problem with mentioning me as the creator though.

Well, I don't see either but it's one of the arguments someone used against the german version so I decided to omit this part for now. When I feel confident I can add it, be sure I'll Smile

The french version is here:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_Soundtracks

A link was already added to the english and german versions, but I didn't update the others yet.

*EDIT: I just edited the articles so they're all in sync, each pointing the 5 other versions. As a side note, Molossus, you're using a different alias (StreamingSoundtracks.com instead of Streaming_Soundtracks). Maybe you could change that and add a redirect, but that's nothing important!*
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be flying to Shanghai tomorrow, so I won't be able to watch after the german article for some time.

I tried anything possible to promote the article, but now it's up to every german speaking STT-member to promote/defend it.
(Hopefully some will be found...)
Thanks to all who already helped me out.

See you at Shanghai, mates! Wink

PS: Maybe I'll pop in once in while...
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news.
Today the german wikipedia article has been deleted.
The reason for it was 'lack of relevance'.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 299

Saffron is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Saffron's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Excellent work people. Very Happy

When I created the entry last year, I laid it out as generally and sparsely as possible just so that the editors would know that it was for informational not promotional purposes. I figured that if people wanted to know more they could then link to the site. However, the changes you have all made are great! We always need to be updating and moving forward.

It means so much to me that you are all so excited and dedicated to this site. Thanks so much!
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music. - George Elliot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: