StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Score Reviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:17 pm   Post subject: Score Reviews Reply with quote

This has most likely come up before, but I'll post it anyways.

I thought it would be nice to have small reviews along with the albums. These's could be writtin by one person, or could have many reviews by many people. I belive this would be a wonderful way to attract people to SST, increase our users, which would help generate profit, that in turn would benifit this site. That, and I'm tired of people finding bad reviews at Mr Christian Clemmensen's site. > http://www.filmtracks.com/ I mean, he's a good guy at heart, but.....God forbid I land an axe in his head.

Like I said we have choices that are very open to us. We could appoint one, two or three people to Review every ST, or we could have anyone write their own review for that ST. That way when someones on the web going thru Yahoo, or Google searching for reviews, they'll come here first. Think about it, Will it do us good in the LONG run? I think so.

USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Furyen, I think it's a good idea to attract people to the site if we have new album reviews from SST members in its own section, separate from the forum and playlist. However, there would need to be interest in this among admins and/or volunteers who would edit the reviews to ensure a certain quality since it would be a public representation of the site. Also, are there enough people who are willing to write reviews?
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that their will be enough people willing to submit Reviews to SST. Thats a sure fact. But just think of it, Having reviews with each album, and then being able to request to listion to that album. This will attract every soundtrack lover from all other sites. SST will be the dominating Soundtrack Score web-front for all other websites. And you know what that will lead to. Mass users wanting to Request, then in about a year, there will be so many people, and so many requests in the Queue, that a 2nd SST Brodcast station must be made with an all new seperate Queue to even out the Requests. And you know how much money that will cost Shocked But not to worry, SST will most likly have double the Donation, and possibley more sponsers from more than just Web-stores like Amazon, CD-universe, and best-buy. Record companys like Varese, and Repraise will want put up banners at SST to show of their new line of Soundtracks. Ive knowticed, like everyone else, that SST is growing at a very fast rate, enough to bust the floor from under itself. Old ideas that have been once putoff, have now been reconsided. Anyways, This is all a very likly future, that has been forsought by many. And I'm going to enjoy it all the way thru.

USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something that's always been in the back of my mind. I like everything you said Furyen (especially about filmtacks operator) and zirael makes a good point too. I think we have enough manpower to get this done and upkeep it. One thing that has to be done first is the web server upgrade. I can't implement many ideas until that happens. Once we can handle the load the floodgates can open.

I've also considered opening another SST channel too. Another benefit of that is if there is a song you don't like, instead of muting or switching to your personal library you can switch channels. I have to think that more through though.

For now, let's keep this topic alive by continuing discussion.

edit: *stickied*

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA PeteC VIP (subscribed member)
Commander
Commander

Member#: 3796

PeteC is offline View user's profile Send private message View PeteC's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting idea, Jeric. Ve muzt
konquer every lazt von of zem!!!
good as good. Herein lies evil.
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteC wrote:
Interesting idea, Jeric. Ve muzt
konquer every lazt von of zem!!!

Intresting Pete, it seems that SST may........be able to do just that. Now that SST has a new server, it leaves the site to open itself to new, and existing projects that SST hasn't been able to Work out.

USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea, but execution is the key. Mr. Clemmensen has not been posting new reviews for some time now, opting instead to post old reviews on the home page. Bringing in a HIGH QUALITY review page would, I think, eventually make this the SITE of SITES for soundtracks, but posting reviews week after week is a lot of work, so it would have to be done well.

There are a number of decent soundtrack review sites out there other than filmtracks, so the competition would not be a pushover, but a worthy goal, nonetheless. I like the reviews at Tracksounds.com because they rate each track, though I don't always agree with the reviews.

Something to push for in the future!
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Luther_III wrote:
I think this is a great idea, but execution is the key. Mr. Clemmensen has not been posting new reviews for some time now, opting instead to post old reviews on the home page. Bringing in a HIGH QUALITY review page would, I think, eventually make this the SITE of SITES for soundtracks, but posting reviews week after week is a lot of work, so it would have to be done well.

Yeah I have noticed that too. Merely, he's catching up on old St's. Mr. Clemmensen most likely started his site when he obtained about a hundred or so written reviews from him self or his other "writers".

We'll have to come up with a similar Execution plan, one that won't slow the progress of the site. Given the circumstances of SST's large database of ST's, we'll have to appoint several Reviewers, maybe fifteen at the most. Or like I said before hand, we could have anyone post their "reviews" or "opinions" below the selected album. Though to gain full coverage of the masses, Appoiment would be the best way of doing it.

We also can hold some sort of "Trial of Appointment". We'll post one Album, and various people can submit their Reviews. The top fifteen that rank the best, will be appointed, and will either be assigned STs, or pick the ones they want.

I figure that this will be a very time consuming project. And it will most likely take around 6 months *at the least* to complete. More so looking at about a year and a half (concerning that of writing the actual reviews) also take in mind the actual site reconfiguration, possibley incorporating new graphics for albums, the space used for the review, possibly adding the "community’s thoughts" of the review that was made, also other small variables that will come to play once this project begins.

If we do this by the book *if it is to be written in it* than we'll have no problem overcoming any obstacles. One major key that we have, one definite weapon we posses, our ability to broadcast this vast database of soundtracks. You'll notice that many *if not all* review sites do not have this capability. And because of that, Their all going to fall behind. And the only way we can achieve this goal is for maximum co-op from all the community that stands here. I'm sure for those of us who have given so much to this site, will agree to this.
All we need now, is a well keyed execution plan, as brought up by our good friend Luther_III. The question is.....How do we go about it? We'll need someone to head the project (once it's approved by our Jeric here) And this person must be very dedicated towards it.

Smile Volunteer's anyone? Smile

USA zirael
Commander
Commander

Member#: 4924

zirael is offline View user's profile Send private message View zirael's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fury, I think it's a good idea to find a team of dedicated reviewers (10-15). Maybe we could get a few more volunteers (both admins and regular members) to decide on the 1 CD to review and select the reviewers. Or the admin team can select the reviewers by internal poll (I smell a contest!)

It would be great if we could find some volunteers willing to edit and proofread the reviews before they are posted. I am willing to help with minor editing on future reviews. Where are the English majors when you need 'em?

These volunteers could also work together to come up with submission/formatting guidelines, then the admins could post the announcement (or contest!) to ask for reviewers.

Anyone else want to volunteer to help? Also if you have suggestions for review submission guidelines or the CD to review, please post.
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe this is an excellent Idea. I am not a great writer but I would enjoy reading these.. I also think it would further establish SST as the premier site on the the internet for ST information/ reviews/ and samples when it comes down to it.. They can read the review.. sample it on the station and then decide to buy it.. The other sites are more commerical and while informational you can tell they almost are trying to sell something. One Stop ST information!

I have read many SST member/user Blogs and there are many great writers.. Many of them already are doing ST reviews!
Morpheus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10545

Morpheus is offline View user's profile Send private message Morpheus's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 5:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

JERIC wrote:

I've also considered opening another SST channel too. Another benefit of that is if there is a song you don't like, instead of muting or switching to your personal library you can switch channels. I have to think that more through though.

I thought about that!! At some point the muber of people that are part of SST will be too much for just one stream. The Q times will be continously astronomical!!!

I reckon it would be a great idea!!!

Morph
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the new Album Module is up and running, we are All Systems Go for score reviews! Very Happy

I think the current approach should work well: members submit their reviews, which are approved by the admins and then posted with the album. This approach will be slow, Neutral but eventually we should be able to compile quite a list of reviews. Cool Now, the key to this working is for members to SUBMIT THEIR REVIEWS. So, get to it! Exclamation

In time, it would be fun to be able to search the reviews, for example in order to see all the reviews submitted by a certain member. (Natedogg suggested this in another forum.)

For now, maybe we could link to our reviews from here. Idea (Hmmmm, that just might warrant a new forum topic!)
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: