StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

How about a pause button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic 
mnlarcher
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12806

mnlarcher is offline View user's profile Send private message mnlarcher's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:35 pm   Post subject: How about a pause button Reply with quote

Maybe it's a pipe dream but a one to two song pause capability would be really helpful, particularly on those when the boss is in the office.
Netherlands stefan_nl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't your music player have a pause button?

And if so, I don't know if that actually will pause the stream for you
(i.e. keeps downloading data into your computer memory so you can listen to it later).
But there's only one way to find out. Wink
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does, but once you unpause it you only hear the next few seconds before it catches up.
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I also dream of having a pause function for the stream, but it may be a pipe dream mnlarcher. Trying to pause a stream would be like putting gauze in from of a semi truck to act as a net, imo.

Although, I have heard rumors that Real Player has a pause function or, at least, a rewind function. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)

Last edited by genericdragon on Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few issues with having a pause button. However, they're not relevant because that is something that would be handled on the client end not on the server end.

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not a pause button for the boss? I find that it would be much more productive Wink
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.donsbosspage.com/

jeff
sdg
Tjoe
Commander
Commander

Member#: 6471

Tjoe is offline View user's profile Send private message Tjoe's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

J2 - ah hahaha... that reminds me of a PC game I had ages ago. Alt-B (Boss Hide) popped up a fake Lotus 1-2-3 page (spreadsheet for those that don't know).

Funniest part, for me, was that my boss was the one that showed me the game and helped me install it Razz
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tjoe wrote:
that reminds me of a PC game I had ages ago. Alt-B (Boss Hide) popped up a fake Lotus 1-2-3 page (spreadsheet for those that don't know).

I had a Mac Plus game (waaay back in '89) named Othello that had that function. I was too young then to have a boss then (I was 14), so I used it for my parents. Wink

it never worked on them.

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tjoe wrote:
J2 - ah hahaha... that reminds me of a PC game I had ages ago. Alt-B (Boss Hide) popped up a fake Lotus 1-2-3 page (spreadsheet for those that don't know).

Funniest part, for me, was that my boss was the one that showed me the game and helped me install it Razz

I saw that same Lotus page after pressing the boss button too! It was in a PC version of Tetris. Ah Tetris, I remember when you would rob us of our life precious...

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: