StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Donations Lately
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Sister! Thanks to everyone who donated!

BQ
Captain

Member#: 16241

GalFin is offline View user's profile Send private message View GalFin's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I know it's officially a recession now and it's getting deeper every day, but if we want to keep this station streaming, we need to keep donating.

It's already the 21st of the month and the donations are missing $385....
USA BuyerQueen

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Galfin. We know times get tight, and the holidays are coming. As JERIC mentioned before we just bought the new server and it's up and running. I don't know if you guys can tell or not, but we've seen great improvement on the way the stations run. But now our bandwith costs are even more and we didn't up the donation meter. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks!

BQ
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BuyerQueen wrote:
Thanks Galfin. We know times get tight, and the holidays are coming. As JERIC mentioned before we just bought the new server and it's up and running. I don't know if you guys can tell or not, but we've seen great improvement on the way the stations run. But now our bandwith costs are even more and we didn't up the donation meter. Any help is always appreciated. Thanks!

BQ

I totally have noticed the difference on the site with the new server. It's running MUCH better! Please donate! JERIC and BQ as well as the mods/admins really work hard for this site and everyone on it!! Smile
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 18704

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In another thread GalFin wrote:
And, as a side note: The donations meter isn't looking too good at the moment. JERIC invested in a new server in October without increasing the donations goal. I think the new server really has improved the SST's technical performance.
So please, if you can, if you have any steady income and enjoy SST, please donate! I'm sure even a few dollars will help.

Thanks I could not say it better GalFin
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I haven't noticed the effect of the new server. That has only to do with the fact that I don't listen every day, and I don't always pay attention. I believe it's doing something, but I don't feel it. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Personally, I think the carrot has been tried, and it's time for the stick. Or at least, it's time for the absence of carrot. If donations are piddling and it's hurting the ability of this station to function, I say stop talking about the server and skip the next playlist update. That might get some people thinking.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand Lady's reasons and feelings, but skipping the next playlist update is not the best idea in my honest opinion.
Updates are important part of SST. Updates are something that people wait for (also these people who payed SST for example for VIP membership). Updates include also stuff that people donate and I don't see a reason for not uploading donated albums, for example.

I understand times are changing, but just wanted to remind that some time ago donation meter was removed because VIP payments were redirected straight to SST. After some period donation meter came back but only as additional way of raising money for the website.
That's why I think there is no real reason to go that far as using a "stick" because of low income via donations. They are not obligatory, by the way.

What I understand of course is that we can lose something from very high standard of SST if income will be not enough to keep all running the way it is set now. That's why I try to support SST myself.

It would be sad to lose some of the streams and it would be not that much fun to see playlist updates shrink smaller (and I'm aware that some day it could happen just because the times can get tough), but let us not use such "stick" intentionally, please.
My opinion is it will not help with voluntary donations for SST and can bring some harm to SST community.

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A month after molossus writes his response, I say, "Fair enough." You're probably right. I'm still confused about how necessary the donations are, or if the VIPs are enough to keep SST afloat. I doubt the latter is the case.

Anyway, the good news is, we made December. Mazels all around. See you in the new year.
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Member#: 11167

molossus is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View molossus's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyInque wrote:
I'm still confused about how necessary the donations are, or if the VIPs are enough to keep SST afloat. I doubt the latter is the case.

Looks like you might be right on this one LadyInque. Especially when some development for the site is neccessary.

Quote:
Anyway, the good news is, we made December. Mazels all around.

Yeah! We had very good end of the month (and a year). Thank you folks!
And I'm especially happy to see people like sevastian0017 who donated on his first day after signing up for SST membership. Thanks sevastian! *bows*

Avatar is from work of art by Drew Struzan
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, donations are still essential to the survival of SST and the rest of the 24seven.FM stations. I eventually want to remove the donation meter. We have been making several steps toward this goal by optimizing google ads and other revenue links. So far it has helped a lot.

I thank everyone for stepping up yet again and contributing to SST. It is because of you, the 24seven.FM family of internet radio stations are the best in the world!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

SiriusCreations is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View SiriusCreations's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I only can repeat: Thank you very much, thanks to you I can listen my favs and new tracks and chat/meet new friends.
Netherlands SiriusCreations VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm 25% in the meter now and only 7 days left.

So if you have some dollars left and want to donate them, thank you and click here
USA workervr
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 10921

workervr is offline View user's profile Send private message View workervr's Favorites
Visit MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well the stay at home bum is returning to work next week (you know the economy sucks if..........worker is working) so I should have some extra change again soon!
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it won't show up on the donation meter, but I just renewed my yearly VIP. Hope it helps.
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it helps, Lady, and we thank you for your support.

jeff
sdg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14

Jump to: