StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Dragon Hunters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
The_Babe_Leaped
Cadet 4
Cadet 4

Member#: 15695

The_Babe_Leaped is offline View user's profile Send private message The_Babe_Leaped's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:02 pm   Post subject: Dragon Hunters Reply with quote

Hello to all,

Well, since this is my first post here at SST, thought I would start off with a small review of an animated show released by Geneon that is just not getting the attention it deserves.

Dragon Hunters

This cute little tale revolves around two self described dragon hunters, Lian-Chu and Gwizdo, whom reside in a mystical world where land masses float high in the sky like tiny islands. Orphaned before they knew their parents, the two unlikely friends had somehow found each other and came to rely on each others unique abilities for survival. Lian-Chu, though quite large, was poorly educated and cannot read or write. Gwizdo, though street smart and able to read, lacks the ability to defend himself. The combination of Gwizdo's greedy and almost endless scheming for gold and Lian-Chu's kind heart make for an interesting team. Gwizdo’s and Lian-Chu’s past adventures apparently landed them at where this wild story begins, an inn far removed from the general populations. A large, somewhat overbearing woman and her little girl run the inn and have taken in the two perpetually broke misfits. This group of characters is where the Dragon Hunters stories really shine, as these completely mismatched batch of lonely people have come together and formed a more than slightly odd family. I must confess that I am a sucker for this type of storytelling.

I have only seen the first four episodes, but by the time I finished the fourth episode (my favorite of disc 1) I was completely in love with this tale-tale.

I think it is obvious from my description that I recommend this title. However, I would like to offer a small warning for parents regarding some of the more mature moments in this show. Because the main characters are dragon hunters, there are some frightening moments that might be too intense for very small viewers, such as the death of a horse in episode 3. Also, the inn keeper has a bit of a crush on one of the two main characters and wishes to add him to the already long list of husbands she has had. But this is played fairly innocently and I found nothing objectionable.

Overall, I would rate Dragon Hunters a gentle PG.

With a strong sense of family and it's heart very much in the right place, I give Dragon Hunters a very high recommendation.

As I have only given a slight overview of the show, you can learn more about the stories and characters by heading on over to http://www.dragonhuntersdvd.com/ and watching the trailer.

Hopefully, this title will get a bit more attention as more volumes are released.

Babe

Last edited by The_Babe_Leaped on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to the Entertainment forum.

Welcome to SST, The_Babe_Leaped.

jeff
sdg
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great (first) post The_Babe_Leaped, and welcome to SST!

Thank you for pointing out this show! Sounds good! As the series is coming from France, there is another website here: Chasseurs de Dragons

For those interested in animated films, check also the author's website: http://arthurqwak.com/

Very Happy
Cadet 4

The_Babe_Leaped is offline View user's profile Send private message The_Babe_Leaped's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.

Sounds like you know quite a bit about this show, AL. Is it pretty big for an animated show in France?

Babe

Last edited by The_Babe_Leaped on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
France Alchemist VIP (subscribed member)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)
Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm an animated film addict Smile

To be honest, I didn't know much about the show before you mentioned it, but I found the pictures interesting and I recognized the style. That's why I took a deeper look Smile

This show is airing on france 2 and france 3 which are the national TV channels -- so it's quite popular here Wink
Cadet 4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm an animation nut as well. Let me know when you've seen this show, I would love to hear your review.

Babe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: