StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Requests: Good & Bad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA JERIC VIP (subscribed member)
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:35 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

I just wanted to get some idea on what you all have thought of some of the requests that have been added. Here is what I think. I'll add more as I think of them.

Thumbs Up:
Amelie

Thumbs Down:
Ladyhawke
Requiem For A Dream

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA BuyerQueen
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:40 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

I think most of the soundtracks are good. But there are a few I could would like to see go away:

Requiem for a Dream
Anything with Whistling in it (Ennio Morricone)
Hunchback of Notre Dame (and I am usually a Disney fan)

And the newest one that I love is the NFL soundtrack.
Lieutenant

aw

Member#: 53

Hart is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Hart's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:39 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

Ladyhawke really sucks, but you would think that movie would have a good soudtrack. Also, Charle's in Charge tv theme is as irritating as barking dogs.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 8

solkef is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail solkef's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:32 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

For the love of God.... Take the top gun sound track away!!!! Please..... I just can't stand it enny more...... "Sing" Take my love awaaaaaaayyyyyyyy... *Click click.... BANG* Haaaaaaaa.... much better....

Guy Matte
Cadet 2

Member#: 252

BohemianRhapsodyInBlue is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail BohemianRhapsodyInBlue's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:18 pm   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

I agree with taking away Requiem for a Dream. It's a little redundant. Other than that, the website is getting better and better! You guys are so awesome! Keep up the GREAT work! (I know -- I'm a suck up but I love this site)
Wolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 16

Wolf is offline View user's profile Send private message Wolf's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 2:42 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

My thumbs up

Spirit, stallion of Cimarron
The two towers
Unearthed (Superb tracks!)

Thumbs down

Requiem for a dream
Lady hawke (I hate to say this as I loved the film but the soundtrack is... boring.)
"Tango de Roxane" in Moulin Rouge vol 2 (the guy sings like a drunk jerk.)
Omen I,II,IV
The Fan
The music of the Candyman
The Adventures of The Baron Munchaus... whatever... (lame film and the music isn't better)

I'll post more if I can think of any.
Commodore

aw

Member#: 15

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:44 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

It's "Take my BREATH away"! DUH!!! <DUCKS>
Caliburn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:06 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

Genious masterpieces: 'Two Towers' and 'Unearthed'

Very bad: Requiem for a dream' and 'the fan'
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Cocles is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Cocles's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:41 pm   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

Some people find a couple of the songs repetitive. A couple also don't like the Tikal Remix.... Oh, well. There's no accounting for taste.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 298

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:46 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

I too love the unearthed album, but i was watching it closly on the top 25, it was at 4.8 when it entered with something like 13 votes .and boy did it take a nose dive, its at like 4.1 right now.. someone REALY doesnt like that album.

I just want to know WHO AND WHY!!

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:51 am   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by EyeDea:
I too love the unearthed album, but i was watching it closly on the top 25, it was at 4.8 when it entered with something like 13 votes .and boy did it take a nose dive, its at like 4.1 right now.. someone REALY doesnt like that album.

I just want to know WHO AND WHY!!

There seems to be a poor rating netiquette around here. I noticed this trend too and I don't like it at all.

What people are doing are rating albums 1 star if they don't agree with the current rating in attempt to bring the rating closer to a level they think it is- instead of just giving their actual opinion. This is especially if they don't agree with something in the top 25 list. People also rate something 5 stars if they think it doesn't have a high enough rating for their taste.

This is why there is not one 5-star album with 10+ votes. Really if you think about it, anything in the Top 25 should have 5 stars. I was letting this slide because 1. I can't do anything about it 2. I figured things would even out eventually.

Thoughts?

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USA Cocles
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:51 pm   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

Could also be human nature. In other words, people vote only for the soundtracks they feel strong about.

"UHG!! This sucks! Where's that rating function?"

or

"Wow!! This rocks! Where's that rating function?"

but rarely

"Hmm!! My opinion is indifferent with this song.. I should go vote!!"

It's probably a combination of what Jeric said and this.
EyeDea
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

EyeDea is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail EyeDea's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:33 pm   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

Yea I think Jeric hit it on the dot., as i have been guilty of doing that once or twice [Smile] But i hate seeing albums like Unearthed take such a nose dive when they dont deserve it.

And the voting for of only particular albums, yea its a factor too, but sooner or later, any album is bound to hit the 10 vote mark.
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 5:16 pm   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

Most of the not-so-regular listeners probably havent heard many full albums but still rate. In other words whole soundtracks are being rated on the basis of a few tracks. Thats not fair, is it? [Confused]
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:39 pm   Post subject: Requests: Good & Bad Reply with quote

I dunno thats kind of an assumtion, but probably true. Although i cant realy think of anything to do to make sure the entire album has been heard before voting, but other then taking away voting all together. But i would hate that.

I loved the idea of rating albums, and i loved even more the idea of a top 25 when it was added. i think with the utterly vast amount of albums on this site it should ba changed to top 50 and the votes changed to a 15 vote minimum.

I dunno, just a thought. [Smile]
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: