StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$254.46

1 Donations:
$245.54

Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

L O S T discussion thread (Season 3 spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the_lake_effect wrote:
Spoiler:
It's rare for them to kill off characters that have made themselves deserving of it. There's something poetic about being buried alive like that! lol

Wow went all the way back to the first show to see someone yelling her head off! hahah she needed a good slap then. but who knew?

Spoiler:
You know full good and well no one dies forever on this show! The movie star and her killer boyfriend will be back. Just how is the question. This show would be so good to teach foreshadowing. Pay attention!!!
Even when it is not about the event of the moment, there is foreshadowing.
What next??

Cadet 4

Member#: 10387

MikeTheRaptor is offline View user's profile Send private message MikeTheRaptor's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just that I'm a non-conformist, but I don't see the big deal about Nikki & Paulo. I think rather than attacking them, people should embrace the opportunity to expand upon the show and its mythology.

There is a decent amount of 'background survivors' whose lives may be just as useful or interesting to the storyline. We're probably less likely to get to know them now, after audience reaction to N&P, but I rather enjoyed having a chance to learn about some of the other survivors.

Spoiler:
Also gave us the opportunity to relive some exciting moments (Pilot episode) and see some familiar places (Kate & Sawyer's waterfall) and faces (Shannon, Boone, Arzt). Furthermore, I think perhaps their horrific *alleged* death is kind of a harsh answer to everyone's requesting that they die. As if, "you want them dead? Fine, but it'll be in the most disturbing way possible." Finally, who noticed that the monster appeared to be present when the spiders began showing up? Wonder what the significance of that is.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, last night's episode was a lot better than I thought it would be. The commercials about the "fight scene" made it look like it was going to be a rather cheesy episode. But it was actually quite good. Now, for the spoiler necessary stuff:

Spoiler:
So, we saw the monster/security system/whatever again. What were those flashes of light? Was it taking pictures? Was this the "bright light" that Locke referred to seeing waaaay back in season one? Why did Juliette lie about know about the monster? Why doesn't it "like" their sonic fence? And perhaps most importantly: If the Others/Hostiles don't control that thing, then who does??? Does anyone control it? For a different topic: Where have the Others/Hostiles gone? Why did they take Locke? Was Locke forced, or did he choose to go?

One last question, completely off topic: Are we ever gonna hear from Michael and Walt again?

Well, that was a lot of questions, just wanna know what you guys think/theories. So many questions is why I love this show!

And now, another obligatory Claire pic:

Very Happy

-LOSTRKing
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

answer is hmmmmmmmmm very interesting.
Lieutenant Commander

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Which answer? Confused
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 2207

maddy is offline View user's profile Send private message View maddy's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Michael and Walt...the answer is probably not. Michael took Walt to the coordinates and they were rescued. At least that's the belief at present. Harold Perrineau (Michael) is on another show right now from what I understand.

http://tinyurl.com/ltrodr
http://www.mostphotos.com/maddys713/portfolio
http://www.cutcaster.com/studio/pub/784218913

USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Walt and Michael will reappear sometime, presumably close to the series finale. That is (in my opinion) too big of a loose thread to leave hanging.

-LOSTRKing
Commodore
Commodore

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
I think Walt and Michael will reappear sometime, presumably close to the series finale. That is (in my opinion) too big of a loose thread to leave hanging.

-LOSTRKing

Come come.. by now you now no one is off this show forever!!!
I agree Michael and son will be back..after all they left the dog!
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just you wait. The DOG will have a story episode. And it will invariably involve Jack's dad.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lake - Laughing

Concernin last night's ep:

Spoiler:
Boy, that Juliette is a tricky one! Wink She had me convinced up to the end of the episode. Now I just hope that "next week" won't take until the end of the season. Rolling Eyes

And now, another Claire pic:

Very Happy

-LOSTRKing
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LOTRKing"]lake - Laughing

Concernin last night's ep:

Spoiler:
Boy, that Juliette is a tricky one! Wink She had me convinced up to the end of the episode. Now I just hope that "next week" won't take until the end of the season. Rolling Eyes

Stomping feet... hitting desk!!! arggggggggg (good thing I can yell like a Pirate!)

Just when ya watch a good episode, I had a tear for a moment... bam! you know what hits a fan!

Gotta agree with ya there LOTR, but you know they will make such a cliff hanger for end of season we will go off the deep end into the surf waiting!!!

Did see an interview with "Charlie" and "Kate". I think Kate said folks were letting the series know they were upset they had not seen many of the regulars. So perhaps now we will see more of "Us". That Juliette has one fine memory bank to know all about the folks!

ok.. better now.

She is evil and lovely.

Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Every week I can’t wait to listen to the Official Lost Podcast hosted by Executive Producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof on ABC’s LOST web page. (The link is on the top left column.) They tell so many juicy tidbits about the show, answer questions, and give tantalizing hints of things to come.

It originates from Hawaii so they always have actors from the show – Josh Holloway (Sawyer) and Jorge Garcia (Hurley) are frequent guests and are always hilarious to hear. Last week Elizabeth Mitchell gave some great insight into how she interprets her character Juliet.

This week be sure not to miss the 8-minute long video podcast with composer Michael Giacchino.

Giacchino gives a tour of the soundstage, introduces us to some of the musicians, shows us how some of the weird sounds are made, talks about how he goes about composing and recording each show, etc.

In 2 weeks they’ll have a video podcast featuring Bryan Burk in a mixing session. That should be very cool!
USA Cinder VIP (subscribed member)
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:51 pm   Post subject: Thanks Two! Reply with quote

I have watched more missed episodes thanks the ABC site. But never looked at anything more.. duhhhh!
Wonder how many of the cast have purchased land and home there in Hawaii? they could be there awhile.
thanks again
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Thanks Two! Reply with quote

Cinder wrote:
Wonder how many of the cast have purchased land and home there in Hawaii?

Don't know, but often when a listener asks if or when a certain character will show up again, the answer often includes something like "Well ___ hasn't been here for months" or "___ sold his/her home here so we won't be seeing them on the show any time soon.."
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, it occurs to me, a reason why all the children were abducted and Walt has gone bye-bye. I think practicality speaks louder than plot here.

On the island, only, what, three months have elapsed? Meanwhile, in our world, the show has been on for almost three years. Kids can age a lot during three years, and I think the Others kidnapped all the kids because (script-speaking) it would be inconvenient to have these child actors aging so quickly that they out-paced the story. I mean, if you think the Harry Potter kids are growing too fast, at least there's a whole year between the stories in the books and films.

Now Claire can have a baby, of course. It's easy to switch baby actors out when they get too old. One baby looks very like another, unless he's yours.

Otherwise, I liked the most recent episode. I just don't have anything more relevant to say about it. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: