StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

The Official Battlestar Galactica Fan Club Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
JeromeMorrow
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14078

JeromeMorrow is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JeromeMorrow's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:12 pm   Post subject: The Official Battlestar Galactica Fan Club Thread Reply with quote

Well, there's one for Dr. Who, so why not BSG?

Who else loves this show (the nuBSG series)? Easily the best thing on TV right now, IMHO, and one of my top shows of all time.

Season three started a little over a week ago. Feel free to discuss anything up to and including the most recent episode. If you haven't been keeping up with the show, be aware, THERE MAY BE SPOILERS DISCUSSED HERE!!!

Okay.

Last Week: Exodus, Pt. 1
Next Week: Exodus, Pt. 2
USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jerome, great idea!

I had heard so many great things about this show, that I finally decided to go rent the pilot miniseries, and despite some slow moments, it was very well done. Great story, complex characters, decent acting, ...well, everything people have been saying.

After the miniseries I kind of wanted to start watching the show, but I figured I'd be kind of lost jumping right into Season 3. I happened across "The Story So Far" which aired on SciFi on the day before the Premiere, I think, and that did a pretty good job of getting me up to speed, for the most part.

You can download "The Story So Far" for free from iTunes, if you are interested in the show and missed the first couple of seasons. I highly recommend the show, and that's saying a lot as I can hardly stand watching the majority of TV shows.

Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Good idea Jerome. I'll join, though I wont be able to contribute much as I have only seen about 4 episodes from the first season, but they were excellent.

Our stoopid free-to-air TV network decided to relegate the show to a very late nightime slot, which is typical bad treatment for a SF show. They did the same for Star Trek. And I don't trust them to show the episodes in the correct order.

So I am waiting to watch it on DVD.
Lieutenant

Member#: 11136

stefan_nl is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View stefan_nl's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I also watch the show. Although I only have seen the first season so far. Still waiting for the start of season two, which most likely will be early next year.

I think it's a great show. Otherwise I wouldn't be watching it. Wink
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm there!

I watched the last two episodes of season 2 and the first of season 3 this weekend. I forgot how much I love that series! Very Happy
JeromeMorrow
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14078

JeromeMorrow is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website JeromeMorrow's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should be careful about spoilers. If you're only into seasons 1 or 2, you've got a lot of mind blowing drama ahead of you! Feel free to discuss whatever episode you're on.

I watched seasons 1 and 2 on DVD first time through...really is the best way to watch the show; you don't have to wait till next week! Season 3 is the first time I've seen each new ep as it comes out.

I love how BSG has great replay value...after a while the eps become like a well worn, favorite book.
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. I've been watching this show since it began two years ago. One of two shows I make a priority to watch every week. I even own the first season soundtrack. I got my brother hooked, my ex-girlfriend hooked, and am working on others.
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it's not fat. It's Cylon-proof body armour.

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Luther, I also found "The Story So Far," to be a good catch-up. Because what I had pieced together from reading episode recaps on the official site made no sense. Well, very little.

So I've watched all of Season 3, and some snatches of what came before. I wanted to rent the earlier stuff, but my stupid rental places don't carry it. But what I've seen, I've liked a lot. I admit to being a little annoyed that in a future where women are fighter pilots and presidents, Sharon changed her name upon marrying Helo. (If marriage was what was meant to be implied.) Okay, so she couldn't very well have Boomer's last name, but still...
Norway Muriel VIP (subscribed member)
Admiral (Administrator)
Admiral (Administrator)

aw

Member#: 333

Muriel is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Muriel's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so in. Ever since I figured out I'd find out what all the hubbub was about and started watching the mini-series about a year ago, I've been hooked. It's such a good show, that not only gives us sci-fi freaks some good space battles, but it also questions events and issues from our own everyday life. Heck, it even makes us support the terrorist acts in the series, which is quite unusual in these days.
I can't wait until the next episode gets available Very Happy
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What is wrong with your wife changeing her name? I live in Quebec where, by law, women do not change their name when married. My wife still did, does that mean she is hurting womens equality or something?

This is BSG chat though!

I am so into this club! I am a huge fan and have no converted half of my Division at work. Every new student I hire I make sure they watch all the episodes Smile

For those looking for the old episodes most rental chains have it (blockbuster) or any of the online rental places as well (zip in canada). The miniseries was very slow at times and although needed it is not a good indicator of how the series is. I think they are pretty different IMHO.

I think season 2.5 was just released on DVD as well, so this is a good time to go and watch all of them before seeing season 3. I would also recommend seeing the resistence webisodes before watching this season. You don't have to but it does introduce some characters and set the plot for this season.

I must say I ws extra evil at work last year. I set up a shared point BSG site on the work Intranet site Smile They just told me to take it down this year. oh well we had fun for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft Starbuck is a man, with a sigar :S
USA LadyInque
Captain
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TreeBob wrote:
What is wrong with your wife changeing her name? I live in Quebec where, by law, women do not change their name when married. My wife still did, does that mean she is hurting womens equality or something?

This is BSG chat though!

There isn't a blessed thing wrong with it. My experience happens to be that many people still assume women will change their names. I didn't, and when I tell people this, sometimes they look disappointed. I just hate the assumption, either way. That's why I make it a point, when men friends tell me they are engaged, to ask if they're keeping their names. Just to keep them on their toes. And I've gotten some surprising responses.

Actually, from a character point of view, it makes sense for Sharon to change her name. She can't well be another Sharon Valerii; that name belonged to a traitor. And a new name represents her new commitment to humanity.

This is BSG chat, but I think one of the reasons BSG (indeed, all sci-fi) exists is to stimulate discussion about the world we live in. Why limit that to religion and politics? Or the benefits/risks of Cylon sex?
Canada TreeBob
Commander
Commander

Member#: 5527

TreeBob is offline View user's profile Send private message TreeBob's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Actually, from a character point of view, it makes sense for Sharon to change her name. She can't well be another Sharon Valerii; that name belonged to a traitor. And a new name represents her new commitment to humanity."

Great point
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 5692

Albi is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Albi's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

We should get some merchandise Very Happy

Also check this button (which might not be entirely suitable for kids): X-Mas button

Last edited by Albi on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: