StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Favorite song from the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 

What is your favorite song from the LOTR Trilogy?
"May It Be" - Enya - Fellowship Of The Ring
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
"Gollum's Song" - Emiliana Torrini - The Two Towers
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
"Into The West" - Annie Lennox - Return Of The King
30%
 30%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 36

Pauldrescool
Cadet 3
Cadet 3

Member#: 16749

Pauldrescool is offline View user's profile Send private message Pauldrescool's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My Fav - May it be
Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice for me, but I would say that I enjoy most of Enya's work and found the "May It Be" song to be absolutely beautiful. So, my vote would be for Enya's wonderful song!
Ensign

Member#: 12481

derler is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View derler's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gollum's Song"!
Fantastic music, and it is sung wonderfully and very charismatic - and in January I heard a splendid performance in "The Lord of the Rings Symphony" here in Leipzig! Very Happy

By the way:
2. May it be
3. Into the West
alcaeru
Cadet 1
Cadet 1

Member#: 17585

alcaeru is offline View user's profile Send private message alcaeru's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:40 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't particularly like Annie Lennox's voice I really enjoy listening to the orchestration on "into the west" and for me that made it slightly better than "may it be" and "gollum's song"
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Into the West gets my vote, one of my favorite songs ever! It definitely deserved the Oscar that it won. May It Be is definitely a close second for my vote. Gollum's Song on the other hand is one of only two tracks on the LOTR soundtracks that I DON'T like Neutral

-LOTRKing
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but, unless you agree with me, you're all wrong....Into The West is the Best!
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm right then. Wink

Now about that Star Wars vs. Star Trek thing...
Commodore
Commodore

Member#: 10213

Cinder is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Cinder's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 pm   Post subject: Interesting report Reply with quote

'Rings' score tops film music poll
(Monday May 07, 2007 02:18 PM)

The soundtrack to the first instalment of the epic Lord of the Rings trilogy has been voted the nation's favourite film music.

Canadian Howard Shore's score for the Fellowship of the Ring came ahead of compositions by movie masters such as John Williams, John Barry and Ennio Morricone.

Actor Richard E Grant, who is counting down the top 50 soundtracks chosen by more than 21,000 Classic FM listeners, said: "Music has the power to transport you into different worlds - no more so than in the movie theatre. Howard Shore's score for The Lord of the Rings is a magical work that brings Tolkien's fantasy world to life."

Before scoring director Peter Jackson's epic trilogy, Shore was best known for his work with the controversial film director David Cronenberg.

He has since become an in-demand Hollywood composer, working on films like Gangs of New York, The Aviator and the big-budget remake of King Kong.

Williams is the most popular composer with 10 entries in the poll, including four in the top 10 - Schindler's List, Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - with the next highest placed film ET at number 17.

The top 50 spans eight decades of movie-making, from the 1939 classic Gone With The Wind to more recent releases like this year's sequel to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Other highlights include Elmer Bernstein's iconic soundtrack to The Magnificent Seven, voted 13th, Ennio Morricone's inimitable music for Once Upon A Time in the West (25th) and Jerome Moross' score for The Big Country (41th).

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/07052007/344/rings-score-tops-film-music-poll.html&e=l_news_dm
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: