StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Nintendo Wii, PS3, XBox 360?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA RobW720
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:00 am   Post subject: Nintendo Wii, PS3, XBox 360? Reply with quote

hiyuh. Being that two of the systems in the title just launched and the other has had a few nice games come out, I was just wondering what (if any) you guys had played and what you are looking forward too. not enough video game threads even though there are many many video game sound tracks on SST.

so... BEGIN!
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like it should be a poll to me, Rob.

jeff
sdg
USA Obi-son
Captain
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

my ps2 and xbox work just fine. no need for me to go out drop 400 to 600 bucks for just the system and then drop another 60 bucks for a game. With as much as they are pushing the prices on the systems now i'm just going to upgrade my PC and continue to play WoW . Why do i have to go and by a new platform just to play halo 3 on and or for Mercenaries 2 on the ps3. WTF? sorry sony and bill gate. you both suck for screw us like that.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

Member#: 3098

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm mostly looking forward to the next verstion of DDR (dance Dance Revolution) for PS2 right now. Guitar Hero on PS2 prettymuch rocks my socks off. Color me addicted.

Me getting into DDR a bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNvEv4jk0E0

I have some great Guitar Hero pictures, too, but I can't post them without the heros' permission.
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-son wrote:
my ps2 and xbox work just fine. no need for me to go out drop 400 to 600 bucks for just the system and then drop another 60 bucks for a game. With as much as they are pushing the prices on the systems now i'm just going to upgrade my PC and continue to play WoW . Why do i have to go and by a new platform just to play halo 3 on and or for Mercenaries 2 on the ps3. WTF? sorry sony and bill gate. you both suck for screw us like that.

I agree Obi. I was little when the first systems started to come out, and I was just barely old enough to enjoy my Sega Genesis when it was around. I still play it too, because I'm not a serious gamer. My sisters and I realized pretty quickly that as soon as we had games for one system, a new one would come along. So we just picked up junked systems for like $10 and usually got a slew of games for FREE. I can get new controllers and games for a couple bucks, and when you only play games for a distraction and for amusement, that's all you need. So while I sit and laugh at my Genesis, SNES, and N64 games, my friends complain that they are broke and don't enjoy the couple games they could get their new system. Cool
Lieutenant

Member#: 12946

RobW720 is offline View user's profile Send private message View RobW720's Favorites
AIM Address
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, polls are too uptight. I did weigh the idea of a poll for the topic at hand, but i thought a free form no holds barred discussion would be a better venue for something as wonderful as video games Very Happy but if you insist, is there a way to edit in a poll?

I also enjoy my old systems and didn't really feel the need for an upgrade, that is until I played Wii sports and the new Zelda game on Wii.

and now I am in love.

Agreed, 400-600 is way too much to drop on a new toy, but 250 bucks is just about right Very Happy

and guitar hero rocks my socks

My views do not reflect that of my employers.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can re-edit it to make it a poll, but if you're happy with the non-poll format then please don't change it for me.

FYI: If I had the time/money, I'd be Wii shopping.

jeff
sdg
Asriana
Commander
Commander

Member#: 11184

Asriana is offline View user's profile Send private message Asriana's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As much trouble as I've heard people have so far with the PS3, I think I'll wait a year or two before we upgrade. Like Obi, my PS2 works just fine and plays all the games perfectly. Plus I still can pull out my old NES, Game Cube or X-box if I need some variety. I would like to eventually purchase a Wii for the family games. I think it would be a lot of fun.
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that Wii can also play older games from other systems as well, via the Virtual-thingamabobber-download-somethingorother.

jeff
sdg
USA rebeccabutterfly
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

aw

rebeccabutterfly is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website rebeccabutterfly's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

like duck hunt?!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/duckhunt.html
(ps. try Game D I ensure it will help make your life complete)
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 8715

Arya is offline View user's profile Send private message View Arya's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I *loved* duck hunt...but I always wanted to shoot the dog. I also loved Lethal Enforcers, if anyone remembers that one...the old man asleep on a sunway bench in the middle of a gun fight, and all he goes is grunt and roll over!

*Edit: the screen finally loaded just as I posted that. Thank you Rebecca, you just made my childhood dreams come true XD
Captain

Member#: 211

Obi-son is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View Obi-son's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i still even play my N64 also. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

goldeneye!
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I DO prefer a computer for gameing. In fact, the only console I own is an old Sega 8 bit system that's buried deep in some box in the attic. However I actually own the Goldeneye game for N64, but a friend of mine has the machine itself. Laughing We used to play that game all night during weekends. Speaking of duck hunt, I really hope these innovating controls we see for Nintendo Wii will support a game like that. Set up a canvas and a projector and that would be pretty close to a real shotgun simulator. Cool
Lieutenant Commander

aw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i donno if anything could come close to the satisfaction of clicking the trigger on that bright orange gun and watching the delayed screen flash.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: