StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Nintendo Wii, PS3, XBox 360?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 849

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Wii users here at SST.com interested in exchanging Wii numbers to register as Wii friends? Should just exchange here on the thread or via PMs? Doesn't really matter to me, just whatever everyone else is comfortable with.

USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Wiier... but I have yet to get that little accessory to hook up to my router...

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now a proud owner of a wii. If you want to exchange numbers, we can do that through pm. Otherwise ya'll can find me on xbox live, via username ToughGuyJohnson Smile
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my Wii on Sunday morning. I just started a 24 hour shift, and had a meeting last night, so I haven't really had time to play with it.

I'm excited, though.

jeff
sdg
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having fun after a few days of playing Wii Sports. The budget doesn't support anything else at the moment (but WiiPlay is on the way from BestBuy via a gift certificate).

I'm not sure what good it'll do since I don't have too much time to play, but I'll go ahead and post my Wii number here:

1505-8881-5930-9657

Maybe j2brown(mii) can visit your miis or something.

jeff
sdg
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

FoxMcleod64 is offline View user's profile Send private message View FoxMcleod64's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my Wii console number:

5070 5271 7028 5528
my mii is called "Chance"

j2, Mario Strikers charged should be your first wii title, its a crazy game of soccer and supports online play.

Good to see another SST member join our little STT Wii community.

USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector... I'm waiting for my friend (who has a DS) to come over tomorrow before I open it up and take the plunge...

I also picked up a Component Video Cable... I hope it makes my eyes and ears cheer...

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendation, Fox. However, my number one criteria for games is "Can my 4 year old play them?"

She's great at Wii Sports. Her boxing is phenomenal (I have some good news and some bad news honey! Our daughter is great a boxing!)

jeff
sdg
USA FoxMcleod64
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

j2brown wrote:

She's great at Wii Sports. Her boxing is phenomenal (I have some good news and some bad news honey! Our daughter is great a boxing!)

jeff
sdg

Laughing

Four year old huh? Hmm, not sure what games are out for the Wii that fits that age group, but she must be better coordinated than an average four year old cause boxing is the most complicated game on Wii sports in my opinion. I'll let you know if I come across any games that may be suitable for her.

Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that she's any better coordinated than me (which might be true) but she makes up for that in volume. Very quick, lots of movement. More of the shotgun approach to boxing I think.

jeff
sdg
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine:

7287 0236 6144 0583

UK SaticICE
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 17859

SaticICE is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website SaticICE's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have an XBOX 360 and a WII.

Although I get a lot of play of both - I just adore the Wii! The controlling of the games is ACE!

I am now a Pro (1000+Level) Bowler and getting there for tennis too!

My wii number is - 4483 3368 2406 9674 my Mii is SaticICE

Come and play!
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For those with Playstation 3, check out the new accessories from Messiah Entertainment:
http://www.playmessiah.com/

(yeh, yeh.. shameless plug Rolling Eyes Razz )
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I’m preaching to the choir Wink but here's an interesting article about how the playing video games hones skills for the real world of business stratedy:

Tomorrow's finest leaders may well be today's gamers
“Video games have become problem-solving exercises wrapped in the veneer of an exotic adventure. In today's fast and rapidly-changing business environment, the strategic skills they teach are more important than ever.

These skills are undergoing a metamorphosis on their own. Strategy is more about vision and less about planning; more about communication and collaboration and less about autocratic direction; more about being creative and intuitive and less about being rational and precise ...”

“... Future leaders will naturally be more collaborative and more willing to make decisions than many of today's managers. This willingness to share authority, to make decisions collaboratively and to assign the person most suited to any given task is what games teach.

How they teach it contains another invaluable lesson for educators: games teach by trial and error. Consequently, gamers learn that failure is a necessary and unequivocal part of the path to success...”

It was written by Katja Goebel, Mervyn Govender and Steve Drake in Business Report - Oct 31, 2007. This is an abridged version of a paper written by Goebel, Govender and Drake while completing the MBA programme at the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business last year.
EventHorizon2
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 19342

EventHorizon2 is offline View user's profile Send private message EventHorizon2's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 I love it, I own it, and I love it (did i just say that?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: