StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Nintendo Wii, PS3, XBox 360?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only modern console I have is my Nintendo DS. Otherwise I'm a PC Gamer now. I'll post my friend code if there's anyone else with a DS.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My son and I just got MLB Power Pros Baseball for the Wii. This is a fantastic game for us (might not be for everyone though - and here is why).

There are two distinct ways to play. First is the classic way (you can even play with the classic controler if you want to). But I find it is most fun to play with the remote + nunchuck. It has been a long time since I have played the more classic versions of games. (This game takes me all the way back to the feeling I had playing SNK Baseball back in college years.) This method of play gives you exacting control of pitching, hitting, fielding, running. I'm still sort of practicing each aspect of this as it takes some experience... but I can say that EVERY phase of it is just plain fun to do. Pitching well and really working the strike zone is very rewarding. Hitting is extremely rewarding (and hard). Fielding is lots of fun to and making sure to throw to the correct base makes you feel like you're really in control of the game. Even base running has finesse and fun to it. But note... there is NO Wii waggling... no swinging the remote to hit the ball to play this "total control" aspect of the game. Again, this is more classic in how you play, you can sit on the couch to play... and game play is VERY deep with more customizable options than you would ever need and career modes, quick games, etc. etc. etc. If I had this game when in college, I would have flunked out for skipping classes everyday to compete with my friends at MLB.

Now remember, I said that I have a son who is wild for this game too. He is 7. He loves Wii Sports baseball...

What MLB has is one totally separate area of the game where you can play Wii Remote games. This area plays pretty much exactly the same as Wii Sports — the only exception is that the computer controlled baserunning and fielding is like real baseball. Note again... you do not play the field... you ONLY pitch and ONLY hit... like Wii Sports... everything else is computer controlled... except, hitters and fielders SHAKE their remote after a hit to make their players run faster. So for HIM... this aspect of the game was what he was looking for. Playing quick games where you get to throw your arm around and swing the remote... and play with MLB teams and pretend to be the Red Sox.

(You can import your Miis if you want)

NO INTENET PLAY though Sad...
USA jackkerouac127
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there online playing availability with the wii?
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, there is, jackkerouac127. I think it's a bit underused at the moment (but maybe I'm wrong) in many areas, but I'm excited about MarioKartWii early next year. Online head-to-head racing. WiiHoo!

jeff
sdg
dalandis
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 9583

dalandis is offline View user's profile Send private message View dalandis's Favorites
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a lot of games have the online play yet... but lots on the way.

The only one out there right now that is fantastic for online is Mario Strikers (soccer)... so much fun to play online. (Although I am certainly not as good as most people.) It tries to pair you with someone similar... but I am often paired with superstars. But last night had a great series of games and tons of fast and furious fun. (Plays more like ice hockey than soccer). Highly recommend this game.

Seems like Nintendo is trying to offer online, but in a safe way as there are no chat rooms, direct contact (unless you exchange friend codes) no headsets for chat, etc.

Medal of Honor is supposed to come out next week I think and that has 32-player online play.

Mario/Sonic olympics is not online play, but does have online leader boards so you can compete against real times around the world.

Then Mario Kart (really looking forward to that) will be online too.

-David
USA Fairycat
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14634

Fairycat is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Fairycat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I consider myself somewhat a gamer. I have the NES, SNES, Old Gameboy, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox, PS2, Nintendo Advance and DS, Wii, the 360 and oh yeah a good old PC. Hmmm I feel like I am forgetting one….ah well must not be important.

Now I have to say out of the three new gaming systems that are out now, I love my Wii. I have the most fun playing it. You get a group of people together and it is a blast. Of course I have fun just playing by myself too. Yeah the graphics are not as good as the 360 or PS3 but I found that having the best graphics does not always make a great game. If a game doesn't have a great story/plot or great controls with good camera angles; I don't care how good the graphics are, I am not going to play it. Some of the greatest games I have ever played were on my old 8 bit Nintendo which I still play today.

Plus the price for the Wii is great and the games are a decent price as well. I am also a huge Zelda fan so the Wii gets brownie points for that too.
Lieutenant

Member#: 3569

jackkerouac127 is offline View user's profile Send private message View jackkerouac127's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I came back from my mini-holiday-vacation in florida to find my x-box dead. Alas, my console has suffered the fate of the Red Ring of Death. No more Orange Box for me Sad

Gonna have to try Lego Star Wars for wii
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff
sdg
USA Fairycat
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14634

Fairycat is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Fairycat's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah thank goodness someone came up with a guide.

Lets see - Do you like Video games? - Yes

Buy a PC - check that off.

Okay I am set now.
Fleet Admiral (Proprietor)

Member#: 1

JERIC is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View JERIC's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one j2!

Please do not PM me. Use email, Feedback or Contact Us links.
USSR the_lake_effect
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 12520

the_lake_effect is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View the_lake_effect's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG j2! I have REAL FRIENDS! And I needed a flowchart to tell me that!

Stories are for children, skyscrapers, and anyone wishing to reach for the stars.

The truthiness shall set you free.
USA socr8s
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 7603

socr8s is offline View user's profile Send private message View socr8s's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't kid yourself TLE. LOL

So I thought I'd post in here instead of making a new thread. I've spent a good part of a week figuring this thing out and thought I'd pass information your way. Tutorials I can't help you, as I'm not entirely sure what i did to begin with.

What is this I'm talking about? If you don't know yet, you can stream music, movies, or pictures from your computer..... to the gaming system of your choice!! It's so awesome but seriously took me a week. I'll give you the basic setup then you can go about googling from there. Computer is in the other room but you want to watch movies or listen to music while you're in the living room (where most gaming systems are found). If you're connected to a router, most of it should be pretty straightforward. Connect game and computer to router and share files or something.

Xbox is what I used. If you go to xbox.com/pcsetup you'll get a nifty tutorial. If you're wireless then it gets tricky cuz then you gotta mess with firewalls and lots of other stuff i don't understand. Hopefully you'll get more out of the forums than I did. I got it working though by turning all the firewalls off. (I probably shouldn't mention that should I?)

The Wii is different. I didn't experiment with that. If you bought the "internet channel" for 5 bucks, then you might be good. I don't think I'd buy it if I was just using it to watch movies. From there you download the browser window. If you download Winamp for the computer, I think they walk you through it. Same with the PS3.

Hope I at least pointed you in the right direction. You're on your own from here. I may be able to answer some questions, just PM me. Post in here if you get it working though.
USA Twopop VIP (subscribed member)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of news for fans of online games:

Sony Online Entertainment is now part of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. (as opposed to Sony Pictures).
That means Sony is beefing up its Playstation business.
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So I bought Mario Kart Wii when it came out on Sunday.....it's great. If you liked any of the other MK titles, you'll love MKWii! I've only had a couple of hours to play with it, and haven't even tried the online version yet.

And the Wii-wheel, while seeming like a gimmick, is actually pretty cool and really adds to the game in my opinion. I just wish it wasn't $15 for extras.

Oh, and if anybody wants to play (and happens to be on when I am) you can try me at:

1505-8881-5930-9657

but I'll need your FC as well.

jeff
sdg
USA weaponlordzero
Captain
Captain

Member#: 15677

weaponlordzero is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View weaponlordzero's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to play!!!!!! BUY ME A WII j2!!!! I'LL TAKE YOU ON!! LET'S GO!! JUST SEND ME DA MONEY AND I'LL BEAT YA!! Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: