StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$154.46

3 Donations:
$345.54

StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-5) Shru $50.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (May-3) Anonymous $50.00
Death.FM (May-1) SeclusionSolution $245.54

Last Month's Donors
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-24) klingon50 $10.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

add Babel ost to the playlist!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Added
View previous topic :: View next topic 

add Babel ost to the playlist?
yes
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
no
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

USA Luther_III
Commander
Commander

Member#: 10621

Luther_III is offline View user's profile Send private message View Luther_III's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

natedogg_23 wrote:
Luther_III, no need to have it added as I can answer your question as to whether it deserved the Oscar or not Wink

OK fine, but shouldn't it be added even if a few of us don't like it? Brokeback's here afterall (And I don't particularly like that one, either!) ...

Smile
USA Furyen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 196

Furyen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Furyen's Favorites
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with Luther. And I'll say this bluntly: Just because it sucks, doesn't mean we should avoid adding it. Even if only to add it as an archival note here in SST. It's is (sad to say) an Oscar winner. And we would seem somewhat prejudice from other people's point of view. And the one thing that should be remembered is that it wasn't Santaolalla's fault that it won, it was the Academy's.

Nate
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 8729

Nate is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Nate's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Furyen wrote:
I must agree with Luther. And I'll say this bluntly: Just because it sucks, doesn't mean we should avoid adding it. Even if only to add it as an archival note here in SST. It's is (sad to say) an Oscar winner. And we would seem somewhat prejudice from other people's point of view. And the one thing that should be remembered is that it wasn't Santaolalla's fault that it won, it was the Academy's.

Well I am not disputing if it should be added or not. I did mention in a prior post that I could let Luther_III know if it was Oscar worthy or not Laughing.

I am not necessarily directly faulting Gustavo (as a side note, great job on the spelling of the last name Furyen Wink) either. I agree that the Academy deserves the blame.

The thing that disappoints me the most is the Oscars are watched by a lot of people and most that are watching have little to no knowledge of film scores. Thus, by Gustavo winning the Oscar many people think Babel is the best film score. I think it is sad because I believe most will agree that Babel was not the best score of 2006. But since it won it is represented as the best, which doesn't help convert people, who are not entirely familiar with film scores, to experience music which is truly amazing.
Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 89

BuyerQueen is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View BuyerQueen's Favorites
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I don't know if JERIC will add it or not. BUT, his focus for this year is to make the playlist better, and if this soundtrack is not that good, it might not be added. We are going for quality, not quantity. I guess we'll see what happens.

BQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: