StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$162.58

5 Donations:
$337.42

Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Who is the coolest villain?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic 
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:39 pm   Post subject: Who is the coolest villain? Reply with quote

The purpose of this thread is simple: Tell us who you think is the coolest villain or group of villains of all time. (By group of villains, I mean a group of people/creatures/aliens/whatever that act together as a villain or villain group, not a group of villains from one source. For example: Darth Vader is a villain, the Sith are a group of villains, but "all of the bad guys from Star Wars" are NOT a group of villains.) Also please explain what makes them so cool.

So, now to my favorite:

While people like Sauron, Lord Voldemort, Darth Vader, and The Lord of the Locusts are all awesome, I can honestly say that I think that The Borg are the coolest villains of all time. Why The Borg? One, because I like Star Trek. But more importantly, because they are the most formidable enemy I have ever seen/read about. The Borg don't simply kill their enemies, they utilize them through assimilation. The Borg take away everything that means anything to humanity. The Borg are soulless, have no individuality, have no respect for the lives of individuals, etc, etc. The Borg reject all that is organic within themselves, and seek for truly artificial life. In my opinion, The Borg are the perfect bone-chilling anti-human creatures.

So, what do you guys think? Wink

-LOTRKing
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Hugh?
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, LOTR!
I remember when I watched "Star Trek: First Contact" at the premiere (I was 12 back then) and the Borg just creeped me out. (I love Star Trek too btw)
Perhaps the idea with the Queen took a little bit of their mysterious aura, but the movie (and the franchise IMO) are still strong today.

This thread is indeed a nice idea!

Another group of villains:
Z O M B I E S

You can find them in every good or bad movie, you don't have to have bad feelings sending them over to Nirvana (finally) and they are creepy too.
(This moaning, slow but unstoppable hunger for warm flesh etc.)

And not to forget the most vicious villains in movie history: The Guys who give the Oscars for "Best Score" this and last year! Razz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about The Borg in general Razz , obviously there are some exceptions (like Hugh and Seven of Nine).
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 15284

Lennie2020 is offline View user's profile Send private message View Lennie2020's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Lex Luthor for his elaborate schemes brilliantly thought out and executed against not only Superman but other innocent people in hope of dominating the world through his criminal activities.
Norway Sensei
Commander
Commander

Member#: 12

Sensei is offline View user's profile Send private message View Sensei's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez, know as "the rat". Some would argue this is the real main character in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

Spoiler:

List of crimes at first hanging:
"Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards. Therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

List of crimes at second hanging:
"Wanted in 15 counties of this state. The condemned standing before us... sitting before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez has been found quilty by the third district circuit court of the following crimes: Murder, assaulting a justice of the peace, raping a virgin of the white race, statutory rape of a minor of the black race, derailing a train in order to rob the passangers, highway robbery, robbery of an unknown number of post offices .... He then hired himself out as a guide to a wagon train, and after receiving payment in advance, deserted the wagon train on the hunting grounds of the Sioux Indians... Laughing

Vice Admiral (Moderator)

Member#: 4272

Alchemist is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View Alchemist's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread, LOTRKing!

I'd say The Joker, especially the Nicholson incarnation. Wicked, with style!

Rear Admiral (Ambassador)

Member#: 7382

Twopop is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View Twopop's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Who is the coolest villain? Reply with quote

LOTRKing wrote:
who you think is the coolest villain

It doesn't get much cooler than this... Twisted Evil

PomPom
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 11288

PomPom is offline View user's profile Send private message PomPom's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coolest Villain ?

Well, i have some problem choosing which villain i prefer, but here is a test in which you can find whose villain are you !

http://onnachance.com/quiz/vq.php

Well, after reflexion, i think that the Colonel Olrik in "Blake&Mortimer" (E. Jacobs) is my coolest villain !

Evil, intelligent, charismatic, ...
Captain

Member#: 10281

LadyInque is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LadyInque's Favorites
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow. So many greats to choose from, indeed.

For now, I'm going to name Maleficent, from Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

She's got awesome magical powers, a great voice, and ambitious fashion sense. (Seriously, that dress is the houpelande to end all houpelandes. But she pulls it off.) And need I mention the dragon at the end of the film?

She's only defeated because the story dictates she has to be. She rocks.

bpewien wrote:
Another group of villains:
Z O M B I E S

I gotta disagree with you on Zombies, bpewein. Sure, they're scary. Heck, they scare the stuffing out of me. But I think being a true villain requires more malice, more thought, more mens rea... more mens in general. In the old zombie movies, it was the evil scientist or witch doctor who pulled the strings to suit his evil ends. He was the real villain. In today's movies, that doesn't really happen, so it's tough to say who the villain is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: