StreamingSoundtracks.com
VIP
Subscribe to become a VIP member of SST!

· Request More Often
· Unshared Requests
· Request Countdown Timer
· Request Ready Indicator
· Your Request History
· Access To The VIP Forum
· Add More Favorites

:: Click Here To Upgrade ::

:: Give VIP as a Gift ::

Listen Live!

Donation Meter

Make donations with PayPal!
Monthly Goal:
$500.00

Need:
$137.58

6 Donations:
$362.42

StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-23) janbenes $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-9) shrike $20.00
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-8) trailblder $25.00
Death.FM (Apr-2) SeclusionSolution $242.42
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Apr-2) Locutus76 $30.00
Death.FM (Apr-1) valar_morghulis $20.00

Last Month's Donors
Death.FM (Mar-29) htmm $13.37
StreamingSoundtracks.com (Mar-27) klingon50 $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-22) chapper $10.00
Death.FM (Mar-17) swissdeath $9.99
Death.FM (Mar-15) osiris $10.00
1980s.FM (Mar-11) Bondstec $15.00

Search

SSTore

:: SSTore ::

Who would compose the soundtrack to your life?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks
View previous topic :: View next topic 
South Africa Zombie
Cadet 2
Cadet 2

Member#: 12091

Zombie is offline View user's profile Send private message View Zombie's Favorites
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:35 pm   Post subject: Who would compose the soundtrack to your life? Reply with quote

The idea here came out of watching that Robin William's movie 'Final Cut' .... if there was to be a movie of your life, which composer would write and direct the score to your life? Why that composer? Describe the soundtrack's sound ...

Don't just pick your favorite composer, but consider which one reflects what the movie of your life would really be played as (i.e. comedy, drama, thriller, action).

....last note, I hope this forum is okay to post this in. I saw no other question like this here or elsewhere.
USA LOTRKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13511

LOTRKing is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View LOTRKing's Favorites
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie - interesing question. But my life already has a soundtrack, it's called: StreamingSoundtracks.com Cool

Seriously, though, if I wanted someone to compose my life's ST, it would probably be James Newton Howard. (Yes! That's right! Not Klaus Badelt! Aren't you guys shocked?? Wink ) This is mostly because of his all-encompassing style. There are certain times of my life that "oh, this would be perfect for Doyle to score" or "Badelt should score this" or "this should be by John Williams." But to choose only one composer, it would definitely be JNH because of his varying styles. He composes most every type of ST music that I like from other composers, and he always seems to capture the correct mood for the moment he is composing in a movie.

-LOTRKing
UK Antzstuff
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14028

Antzstuff is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Antzstuff's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love John Powell, it would probably have to go to Sean Callery, simply because of how he scores 24.
Austria bpewien
Captain
Captain

aw

Member#: 13275

bpewien is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View bpewien's Favorites
MSN Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Antzstuff wrote:
... it would probably have to go to Sean Callery, simply because of how he scores 24.

So does this mean you are working for a counter terrorism unit (which also disobeys certain laws sometimes), hunting thugs, trying to protect your family and friends from being kidnapped or assinated, and prevent fanatics from deploying nuclear bombs, killer viruses or poison gas the whole day? Razz
Ensign
Ensign

Member#: 14028

Antzstuff is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Antzstuff's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
Antzstuff wrote:
... it would probably have to go to Sean Callery, simply because of how he scores 24.

So does this mean you are working for a counter terrorism unit (which also disobeys certain laws sometimes), hunting thugs, trying to protect your family and friends from being kidnapped or assinated, and prevent fanatics from deploying nuclear bombs, killer viruses or poison gas the whole day? Razz

Of course. Who isn't? Rolling Eyes
Yemen j2brown
Commodore
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

bpewien wrote:
...hunting thugs, trying to protect your family and friends from being kidnapped or assinated, and prevent fanatics from deploying nuclear bombs, killer viruses or poison gas the whole day? Razz

Just add "picking up dry cleaning" and it sounds a lot like my day.

jeff
sdg
USA thuringwethil
Captain
Captain

Member#: 7505
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas, formerly from the Heart of Dixie

thuringwethil is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website View thuringwethil's Favorites
Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tough to pick just one convertino, williams, portman and elfman are all my favorites and they could all write different parts at different times of my life.

However, if one guy could compose it well in it's entirety, it'd be elfman. Only he could pick up the fun side, the dark side, the romantic side and of course the zany, insane side (but I think he already wrote one for that Razz)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Member#: 10600

lastdomino is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website View lastdomino's Favorites
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd thought, but it would have to be Tony Banks. He wrote a classical album called Seven which closely expresses how I feel or my emotions. And there are other bits he has been involved with through other solo projects and with Genesis. I tend to see things from my life through his music. While I don't think there is much in the soundtrack for Quicksilver, which seems more masculine; there does seem to be a bit in the Wicked Lady (a soundtrack which sadly has not been placed on CD yet) which is a bit more reflective of me as well as Lorca and the Outlaws.

Sorry to say, he is no longer doing soundtracks. Crying or Very sad
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

After painful brainstorming I'd pick John Debney. My life has its happy moments, but it also has its very dark, depressing history. I know Debney can pull it off. He's written wonderous works for Dragonfly, End of Days, and The Passion of The Christ. I know he can score my life!

Oh, yes. He'll need to write some romantic cues too Wink
Lieutenant Commander

Member#: 13799

TheSnowLeopard is offline View user's profile Send private message TheSnowLeopard's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

All my favorite composers would write a composition for each episode of my life. I'd call it Less-Than-Amazing Stories.
Lieutenant

Member#: 12459

Kiddo_24 is offline View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Kiddo_24's Favorites are Private
MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSnowLeopard wrote:
I'd call it Less-Than-Amazing Stories.

!lol!
Commodore

aw

Member#: 9

j2brown is offline View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail View j2brown's Favorites
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

From the other thread that Kiddo_24 started before being pointed here:

Kiddo_24 wrote:
Not sure I've seen a thread like this yet. A member of another website gave me the idea so I'm using it!

Who would compose the story of your life? Why him/her?

After painful brainstorming I'd pick John Debney. My life has its happy moments, but it also has its very dark, depressing history. I know Debney can pull it off. He's written wonderous works for Dragonfly, End of Days, and The Passion of The Christ. I know he can write it for me!

Oh, yes. He'll need to write some romantic cues too Wink

*UPDATE: I heard this thread is buried somewhere else. Oh, well. Resurrect it for a new year with more chapters of life!
USA Jorelson
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Member#: 12124

Jorelson is offline View user's profile Send private message Jorelson's Favorites are Private
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy for me...Carl Stalling...
Commander

Member#: 7493

genericdragon is offline View user's profile Send private message genericdragon's Favorites are Private
AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given this alot of thought.

My first reaction would be to name Danny Elfman, simply because he is my favorite composer. But then I thought about my life, was it really that dark to need a treatment from the Elfman? hmmm, not all of it.

Then I thought of my hobby of Ren Faire, and Michael Kamen came to mind. Kamen is able to capture a Ren-Faire-ish sound to me. Coupled with his scores for Last Action Hero and Lethal Weapon and Die Hard (the Non-Faire side of my life) with lots of guitar riffs and bold trumpet staccatos... that still didn't quite match my life score.

I would have to put John Williams in there to help Kamen and Elfman with certain parts of my life, and Jerry Goldsmith for the other bits that were missed by Williams, Kamen, and Elfman.

That would make my score a compilation. Perfect. Smile

"The thing that impresses me the most about America is the way parents obey their children." ~ King Edward VIII (1894 - 1972)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    StreamingSoundtracks.com Forum Index -> Soundtracks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: